Muppets 3-D

RSoxNo1

That’s because the food sucks
PizzeRizzo is a perfect example of out of touch Disney management. I originally wrote this out as the familiarity vs quality argument, but Toy Story is a more popular brand than the Muppets. The issue here has always been the food quality. Closing the restaurant down with a light Muppets theme and no change to the menu was a laughable decision. Whoever signed off on this should be fired. It was that dumb a move and any member of this forum could have steered them in a better direction.

yensidtlaw1969

PizzeRizzo is a perfect example of out of touch Disney management. I originally wrote this out as the familiarity vs quality argument, but Toy Story is a more popular brand than the Muppets. The issue here has always been the food quality. Closing the restaurant down with a light Muppets theme and no change to the menu was a laughable decision. Whoever signed off on this should be fired. It was that dumb a move and any member of this forum could have steered them in a better direction.
Not to mention that they redid a lightly-themed but fun restaurant concept with a popular IP into an even more sparsely-themed restaurant taking absolutely no advantage of the fun inherent in the new IP regardless of its popularity . . .

AND they barely changed the menu.

Any slight improvement in the menu coupled with a genuine effort to theme the joint to a Muppetational eatery would have surely been a bigger hit. The original concept for "The Great Gonzo's Pandemonium Pizza Parlor" come to mind - monitors showing the Swedish Chef mucking up the kitchen, sounds of Gonzo chasing a chicken through the overhead ductwork, and Muppet Props and Sight-Gags decorating the dining room. There was more to it than that, but even HALF of that would have made it a must-do for lots of people. Instead we get generic italian booths with a few Muppet caricatures on the walls . . .

I'm sure whoever was in charge must have had like five dollars to work with here, but it really shows and Disney should know better than to let that happen.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Exactly. If nobody would eat the crappy pizza when it was Pizza Planet, why the heck would they still eat the crappy pizza now?

RSoxNo1

Not to mention that they redid a lightly-themed but fun restaurant concept with a popular IP into an even more sparsely-themed restaurant taking absolutely no advantage of the fun inherent in the new IP regardless of its popularity . . .

AND they barely changed the menu.

Any slight improvement in the menu coupled with a genuine effort to theme the joint to a Muppetational eatery would have surely been a bigger hit. The original concept for "The Great Gonzo's Pandemonium Pizza Parlor" come to mind - monitors showing the Swedish Chef mucking up the kitchen, sounds of Gonzo chasing a chicken through the overhead ductwork, and Muppet Props and Sight-Gags decorating the dining room. There was more to it than that, but even HALF of that would have made it a must-do for lots of people. Instead we get generic italian booths with a few Muppet caricatures on the walls . . .

I'm sure whoever was in charge must have had like five dollars to work with here, but it really shows and Disney should know better than to let that happen.
It really is kind of funny on how and why Disney chooses to go overboard on theming. PizzeRizzo and Skipper Canteen were things that fans were excited about and wanted Disney to "go over the top". They were among the only things that they chose minimalism.

I would have loved to see things throughout the restaurant like Muppet announcements, rube goldberg machine type gags and live looks in the kitchen either as you waited for your food or on monitors.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It really is kind of funny on how and why Disney chooses to go overboard on theming. PizzeRizzo and Skipper Canteen were things that fans were excited about and wanted Disney to "go over the top". They were among the only things that they chose minimalism.

I would have loved to see Muppet announcements throughout the restaurant, rube goldberg machine type gags throughout the restaurant and live looks in the kitchen either as you waited for your food or in monitors throughout the restaurant.
Just to be clear... You mean specifically throughout the restaurant, correct?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom