Muppet Vision 4D?

wanabeimagineer

Original Poster
I am almost positive the Muppet Vision 3D in MGM used to be officially called Muppet Vision 4D, and then it got changed. Can anyone help me out on this, am I crazy?

BradleyJ

The attraction was always titled "MuppetVision 3D", but they had the 3 Crossed out on the attraction signage and a four handwritten to the sign.

Hochmania

Yes, I recall it being called 4d also. 4D obviously referes to time, so maybe Disney felt it didn't make much sense? Of course, that would only annoy Back to the Future buffs, such as myself. :lol:

Pioneer Hall

They changed it after the other 3-D shows started to open. HISTA and Tough to be a Bug are a little more 4-D that Muppetvision. People were going to muppetvision expecting HISTA type effects and were getting very upset. So Disney changed it so it wouldn't throw anyone off.

wanabeimagineer

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyInsider
They changed it after the other 3-D shows started to open. HISTA and Tough to be a Bug are a little more 4-D that Muppetvision. People were going to muppetvision expecting HISTA type effects and were getting very upset. So Disney changed it so it wouldn't throw anyone off.

Ok good so Im not crazy. Was the show any different when it was 4D?

Bdis86

Account Suspended
It was never actually called 4-D. It was more of a gag that was written on the maps and some signs. The reason being that the Fourth Dimention was behind you. Of course, it was confusing, so it was later done away with. The actual show however was never changed.

Steamboat_Kevin

I have an old MGM map from 1997 that has the 3D crossed out and then it says 4D. I am glad it's not like HISTA or ITTBAB, it's perfect just the way it is and that's the reason why it's one of my favorites.
Kermit: At no time will we be stopping to any cheap 3D tricks
Fozzie: Did you say cheap 3D tricks?

Wocka Wocka!
-Kevin

Luau Cove

I'll later post the a little portion of the guide map where the 3 is crossed out and replaced with a 4. The attraction was the first 3D movie that involved more than just the film, for example the bubbles or Statler and Waldorf from the balcony. Those things changed the world of 3D attractions to something more different, more real and complete. When newer attractions like HISTA or "Bugs" arrived, is was logical the original won't have the best effects anymore.

-->LUAU

Mr.Nutz

Yeah, until the new generation of 3D shows came along, MuppetVision 4D was AMAZING. The cannon, the blowaway wall, that big scary guy who comes in to the audience, Waldorf and Statler - all of it was great.

And it still is, even though your seat doesn't move and things don't smack your legs.

Does anyone else lift their legs up for the mice in HISTA? They really HURT! :lol:

Luau Cove

Here is the proof.
This portion belongs to Disney-MGM Studios guide map from July 1995.

Attachments

• 4d.jpg
    4d.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 123

Bdis86

Account Suspended
But the fourth D was behind you, not time. And like I said, it was never refered to 4-D at the actual attraction.

Luau Cove

Yeah, obviously there isn't any attraction in the world that presents a movie in the fourth dimension. That is something Marty McFly just can't understand...:hammer:

-->LUAU

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom