Muppet Vision 3D - New Projection Effect

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
:oops:

I just meant subtle plussing/upgrades/love to existing stuff that isn't named Haunted Mansion.

You know - stuff like this, finally getting that lift hill package for BTM, finally getting those upgrades for Peter Pan, etc...

This particular thing is just an updating/modernizing of an effect this show used to have, anyway.

But more broadly, I meant stuff that improves the general guest experience without being an up-charge or a heavily marketed new "experience" - the sort of stuff we used to just kind of expect rather than get excited about but that current management in recent years has seen little value investing in.
Gotcha. All good.

It really is amazing how far most people’s standards have fallen, management included. Small improvements and TLC can have a bigger impact than they realize without the need for a ticker tape parade announcing it.

TheDisneyParksfanC8

Fun Fact to share for those who may not be aware….

‘MuppetVision 3D’, the film itself, was the very last film directed by Jim Henson.
It was also his final Muppets related project, and the last time he performed as Kermit on the big screen.

I would LIKE to think that part of the reason this Attraction has managed to not be removed is because of those meaningful facts and the historical importance.

It is still a great Show.
A lot happening around you, with many different elements coming together nicely.
And it’s funny, too!

Long live MuppetVision 3D..!!

-
People didn't seem to mind as much when MuppetVision closed at DCA almost 10 years ago for that Frozen show. But then again the DCA version was a clone that opened 10 years later and never really drew great crowd numbers at that park. These 4D shows don't do as well at DLR due to most of the people being annual pass holders.

Cmdr_Crimson

Fun Fact to share for those who may not be aware….

‘MuppetVision 3D’, the film itself, was the very last film directed by Jim Henson.
It was also his final Muppets related project, and the last time he performed as Kermit on the big screen.

I would LIKE to think that part of the reason this Attraction has managed to not be removed is because of those meaningful facts and the historical importance.

It is still a great Show.
A lot happening around you, with many different elements coming together nicely.
And it’s funny, too!

Long live MuppetVision 3D..!!

-
Another Fun Fact This is also the first digital Muppet created by Henson Productions as the company expanded to use it for many other things since then. Including Sid The Science Kid and the former Hershey's Chocolate World 3d movie.

And yet ANOTHER Fun Fact the rendering animation for Waldo was originally created by Pacific Data Images (PDI for short) a little known studio that would soon become Dreamworks animation...

Basil of Baker Street

Regarding Muppets, I don't think it would be an IP they would acquire today nor do I think it's an attraction they would build today if it had never existed in the parks. I'm not wildly fond of Muppets but I know many do. Updating just makes sense at this point.

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm very curious as to what the parks team is planning to do with the Muppets. This update is welcome but sort of weird given the lack of updates many other attractions receive.

There's also been an increase of new Muppets merch at the parks too which is sort of out of nowhere. I'm hoping they atleast reopen the store soon.
Imagineering side of the company owns the Muppets..It's possible they are trying to figure things to do with them..

And with that merch they have the gaul not to even open the Muppet store by the exit..Sad really..

Kamikaze

Imagineering side of the company owns the Muppets..It's possible they are trying to figure things to do with them..

And with that merch they have the gaul not to even open the Muppet store by the exit..Sad really..
Never forget they licensed the Muppet Whatnot Workshop (Build a Bear but Muppets) up in NYC (and even sold kits in Toys R Us at one point), but could never be bothered to open one at DHS.

DonniePeverley

Great attraction ... to get out the heat, and some sleep. Wish they didn't have the arm rest in the middle so you could really stretch out. As it is sleeping upright it is.

pdude81

Never forget they licensed the Muppet Whatnot Workshop (Build a Bear but Muppets) up in NYC (and even sold kits in Toys R Us at one point), but could never be bothered to open one at DHS.
We have one of those and love it. Even just the bodies already filled with the extra parts you can mix and match would be awesome in DHS or DS.

In the Parks
No

Wait, that store is just shuttered? I knew they took off all of the outside theming, but I didn't realize it was completely closed!

Cmdr_Crimson

Wait, that store is just shuttered? I knew they took off all of the outside theming, but I didn't realize it was completely closed!
The muppet facade from exiting the Studio 1 building is still there..They removed most of if not all of the outer theming of the theater side..The queue still has the movie posters, muppet pipes, and the muppet lab experiments.
1697074231172.jpeg

It hasn't been open from the COVID closure...And people have been wondering why it hasn't reopened since..

Last edited:

muddyrivers

I'm very curious as to what the parks team is planning to do with the Muppets. This update is welcome but sort of weird given the lack of updates many other attractions receive.

There's also been an increase of new Muppets merch at the parks too which is sort of out of nowhere. I'm hoping they atleast reopen the store soon.
I doubt the store is going to ever reopen. I was there last week and although the windows were covered with black paper, the windows over the doorways were not. I was able to lift my phone up to take pictures and this is what the store looks like inside.

Attachments

• IMG_5656.jpeg
    IMG_5656.jpeg
    86.9 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_5657.jpeg
    IMG_5657.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_5658.jpeg
    IMG_5658.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 147

Stitchon

iirc they had announced plans to bring the Whatnot Workshop to WDW at one of the D23 events a decade or so ago, along with other similarly aborted ideas like a mobile Electric Mayhem. Back when Disney had panels entirely based around the Muppets, instead of using them as goodwill ambassadors for every other IP they have.

yensidtlaw1969

With very little effort, the Muppet Courtyard could be transformed to a really incredible theme park land.

Move great moments in history to DHS, move muppet mobile labs to DHS, re-open the store as a muppet museum / store. Reopen the Christmas store as a little unique muppet shop. Look… you’re done.
There's so much potential it's maddening.

Not only do Muppet projects wierdly keep popping up in the wrong places - everything they've done with the characters in the parks should have been put there rather than randomly at MK or EPCOT - but they also keep taking concepts that would perfectly suit the Muppets and using them elseplaces.

The puppet Window Characters that are coming to Zootopia in Shanghai spring to mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom