Muppet Fountain

rbrower

Original Poster
The Muppet fountain (in MGM) is down for refurbishment. It went down on either Friday or Saturday morning because I was there on Thursday and it was opened up and on Saturday, there were walls around it. I don't know if it is just a routine clean or an overhaul but I think it might be the second choice because there were signs on the walls that said something like "Please Pardon our dust as we get ready for a new production". Sorry, but I will not be able to put up a picture for a couple of days!

Jerm

They have been pulling 1 or 2 muppets out over the past year or so cleaning them all up or replacing them. So maybe this is the last step in getting it back to if full glory.

J

djronnieb

Maybe they are making way for the muppet restraunt and great muppet movie ride, by placing an underground enterence to them under the fountain.

JEDIsney

djronnieb said:
Maybe they are making way for the muppet restraunt and great muppet movie ride, by placing an underground enterence to them under the fountain.
Ah, if only the original Muppet Area designed for the Studios actually went through. Stupid budget cuts!

JEDIsney

biggbird5182 said:
JEDIsney, what is Mickey looking at in your avatar? I think he needs to have a talk with Minnie! LOL
Haha, isn't it great! At the Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest Premiere at Disneyland, Pirate Mickey went up to Keira Knightley and posed with her for the photographers. The results were great, there were so many cute pictures of Mickey kissing her hand, like in my avatar, and more of them holding hands. It was so cute. Mickey and Keira are two of my favorite things ever, so to have this happen is simply amazing for me.

To see more pictures of what I'm talking about, check out here: http://community.livejournal.com/keira_daily/376196.html#cutid1

yeti

biggbird5182 said:
JEDIsney, what is Mickey looking at in your avatar? I think he needs to have a talk with Minnie! LOL
LOL :lol: Keira Knightly and a mouse? I somehow don't think so.

Thanks for the info on the Muppet Fountain. Really hope they don't get rid of it.

erasure fan1

Oh this will be great, first the parrot at pirates wont be there now the muppet fountain. My daughter will be so sad if its not running when we get there in a week. :( She LOVES the muppet area just like me. It will be our first trip we wont have a picture with it. I am all for rehab, as long as its when I’m not there.:lookaroun As long as they are not taking anything muppets away and are just improving its cool with me.

Pluto Parking

What is Disneys plan for the Muppets??! They could do so much...and so far almost nothing! Why are the Muppets under the name the Muppet holding company?? Jim Hill said he would answer that question.....and so far nothing. Not even Muppet babies on Toon Disney. Not even Muppet characters in the park.

Chape19714

I beileve the New Production signs at MGM are more for a fit in with the working studio theme then actual indications of whats to come, unless something specific is mentioned.

G2-4T

It would have been nice to see them follow thru with the full plans for the Muppets - now that would have been terrific. One can at least hope that someday they will dust off the plans for that area!

JEDIsney

G2-4T said:
It would have been nice to see them follow thru with the full plans for the Muppets - now that would have been terrific. One can at least hope that someday they will dust off the plans for that area!
I agree. The Muppet Area wasn't developed due to budget cuts, and the plans were scraped. I too agree that it would have been terrific if the plans were followed through. Maybe some day...

yensidtlaw1969

JEDIsney said:
I agree. The Muppet Area wasn't developed due to budget cuts, and the plans were scraped. I too agree that it would have been terrific if the plans were followed through. Maybe some day...
The Muppet Area wasn't developed because jim Henson died while Henson and Disney were in talks to sell the Muppets to Disney. After his death, his family didn't want to deal with that kind of thing (Muppet Vision was already constructed and Operating at this time), so it fell through. The Muppets were, ofcourse, accuired by Disney in recent years, so I don't know what's keeping them from putting out those ideas now, butI'm sure there's some viable reason.

Yensid "It's not that easy bein' Green, having to spend each day the color of the leaves . . . " tlaw1969

JEDIsney

yensidtlaw1969 said:
The Muppet Area wasn't developed because jim Henson died while Henson and Disney were in talks to sell the Muppets to Disney. After his death, his family didn't want to deal with that kind of thing (Muppet Vision was already constructed and Operating at this time), so it fell through. The Muppets were, ofcourse, accuired by Disney in recent years, so I don't know what's keeping them from putting out those ideas now, butI'm sure there's some viable reason.
I could have sworn that it was due to budget cuts, but after checking my sources, I realized that you were right.

I don't know why I thought it was due to budget cuts. Maybe I read that somewhere, and then I just got my information mixed up. I must have known it was due to Henson's death, because I checked the site that I've always gone to, so I must've known.

I still wish they'd go on with the area. There was supposed to be the Great Muppet Ride, as well as a restaurant, correct? It would have been nice, I love the Muppets so much.

Thanks for clearing that up for me! I shouldn't have doubted you in the first place, I always believe and rely your information.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom