Muppet Courtyard

Disneylover152

Original Poster
Hey guys! There might already be a thread out there but what do you guys think will happen to Muppet Courtyard?? Do you think they will knock the whole land down or will they make it a permanent land?? Let me know what you guys think. Also if they keep the land, do you think they would make it more like the planned one for MGM Studios?
upload_2016-4-4_22-22-34.png

Let me know please. Thanks!

SteamboatJoe

I tend to think it will remain permanently wedged between Star Wars Land and whatever Phase 3 will be. The brand still has value and life and it doesn't take up that much space. Given the company's frugal reputation it seems unlikely that they would dump money into turning Pizza Planet and possibly Mama Melrose's into Muppet-themed restaurants (as has been rumored) only to turn around and demolish or refurbish them a few years later. If Pizza Planet and/or Mama Melrose's are not re-themed to Muppets restaurants, I would say the probability of Muppets Courtyard eventually coming down goes up considerably but I just don't see the need to do so. Indiana Jones, Backlot Express, the associated back areas, and adjacent parking lot provide more than enough room to construct a decent sized land.

DisneyGentleman

I tend to think it will remain permanently wedged between Star Wars Land and whatever Phase 3 will be. The brand still has value and life and it doesn't take up that much space. Given the company's frugal reputation it seems unlikely that they would dump money into turning Pizza Planet and possibly Mama Melrose's into Muppet-themed restaurants
Gonzo's Chicken Grill

Ripken10

I love the idea of a small Muppets area. If phase 3 (which I doubt) continues, and even a phase 4 (yes I know don't see it) occurred...I would really love the park idea with Star Wars Land, Toy Story Land, Muppets Land, a Monsters or Incredibles land, and a Indy Land (oh plus the 30s theme area). I think this is a very diverse group of properties, and hits a lot of different people. You would be hitting a varied age ranges. I think Muppets adds to this greatly in my opinion. I was never in love with the Muppets, but it still hits home every time I am in that area.

WhatTheDisney94

Just a note from a casual observer: I was recently going through some photos of mine from a recent trip, and I realized that the red maple trees directly behind the Streets of America facade were removed when the walls when went up this week (see in another thread). This picture was taken in January, so the trees were giving off full-on fall colors (strong oranges and reds). It gave the area some beautiful aesthetic foliage-wise. Shame that they're gone now. Hopefully, new ones will be planted in their place when the area gets plussed. ;)
Muppet trees.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom