Multiple Profiles & FP+

comiczombie

Original Poster
So, when we started our planning on MDE, I created an account, my wife created an account as did each of my friends who were traveling with us. We soon learned what we needed to do so that we could all book reservations for each other, but this was after we each had multiple profiles. My question is, with multiple profiles in existence for each of the travellers, do we run any risk of making fast pass reservations on the wrong profiles?

My understanding is that you can't fast pass without a valid ticket, so the only fast passes I can make would be on a profile that contains a valid ticket which is the same profile that Disney will put on my magic band, so it should not be possible to make a mistake. Does anyone know if this logic is correct?

Rob562

So, when we started our planning on MDE, I created an account, my wife created an account as did each of my friends who were traveling with us. We soon learned what we needed to do so that we could all book reservations for each other, but this was after we each had multiple profiles. My question is, with multiple profiles in existence for each of the travellers, do we run any risk of making fast pass reservations on the wrong profiles?

My understanding is that you can't fast pass without a valid ticket, so the only fast passes I can make would be on a profile that contains a valid ticket which is the same profile that Disney will put on my magic band, so it should not be possible to make a mistake. Does anyone know if this logic is correct?

If each person has their own account, and they link their own ticket to their account, and you each connect to each other as friends, then yes you'll be all set. (In fact, my first step in working with MDE that I tell friends who are planning their own trip is that every adult has their own account and then inter-links to everyone else on the trip before you start booking anything. That way you don't run into multiple versions of people, and it allows for the most flexibility down the road, especially when some of those people want to plan their own trips)

Now, if some of you have done something like create "managed by" sub-profiles for other people under your own account, then yes you may have some issues. If that is the case and tickets either haven't been linked yet *or* each person has *only* linked their own tickets to their own profile, I'd suggest deleting every "managed by" profile from every profile but one person (we'll say you for the following example).

Start by you (the OP) going into your profile. For each friend, either click on their "managed by you" profile if you've already done that step or choose Add Guest. Fill in their email address and click Invite. Have them accept the request. Repeat on your profile for each friend.
Then your friends can use the "Add Guest" but use the "add someone I may know through a mutual friend" function to more easily add each other with fewer steps. That ensures that they're connecting to the proper account.

Now, if you've already done something like linking everyone's tickets under a single account, *that* person should be the "you" in the above scenario. You want the profiles with those tickets to be the "real profile" for each person. And once you become friends, anything on the "managed by" version of the profile moves over to become controlled by the new owner of the profile.

-Rob

comiczombie

Original Poster
I believe I have fixed it. Everyone has their own profiles managed by them except for the children who are managed by their parents profile. I can now only see a single profile for each person. The only thing left that worries me is:

I can see each profile with a ticket has the full name with middle initial. The dining reservations and the fast passes just show the name without the middle initial. If I change the Avatar on the profile that has the tickets though, it also changes the avatar for the person attached to the dining and the fast passes which makes me think they are one and the same profile, but the dining and the fast passes do not display the middle initial present on the name attached to the tickets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom