Multiple Magic Band questions?

Jae99

Original Poster
I was on the phone with Disney Customer Support this morning trying to sort out some hotel reservation issues. We have an original ressie at ASM for Dec 26 - Jan 2. Our original plan was to fly, but after looking at the cost we are now driving.

We are now arriving in Orlando on the 25th of Dec and instead of staying offsite we decided to just add a night to our stay. This now gives us 2 sets of magic bands to use for the duration of our stay.

So my question is:

One of the days we are going to Epcot. Myself and my parents are going on the Undiscovered Future World Tour and my wife and 2 kids going to do some attractions using some FP bookings. Would I be able to book separate FP for myself and my parents for while we are on the tour and let my wife and kids take our extra bands to go on the rides I had booked for myself and my parents.

Essentially it would allow my wife and kids to have 6 FP+ booked rides to use while we are on the tour.

Is this possible? Is it a little offside or wrong?

CAPTAIN HOOK

Provided you don't need to be in possession of your bands while on the tour, I don't see why not.

In answer to your final question, yep, it IS a little offside of wrong, but if it works, why not

DisneyGigi

I am not sure if you need the magicband for the tour but I do know that you can, say if you wanted to see a show or ride, or even watch the parade and your kids want to hit up rides, give them your magicbands to do multiple rides that you have FP+. They will just ride and swap bands at scan. I see nothing wrong with it at all. No different than your whole party getting paper fastpasses that others in your party will use if some in the group do not wish to ride. :)

4disneylovers

I'm not sure if I followed you 100% but I think this is an answer to what you are asking. :)

In August there were 4 of us. My husband is not a big rider. Because this was all new to me I mostly booked 4 fastpasses for the same attraction. Then we handled it one of three ways. The two children and I rode and then we didn't use the 4th pass. Or the three of us rode and then one of them used my husband's band to go again or My husband and I would find a nice place to sit and let our children enjoy the ride twice.

There were just a couple of times that I would book 2 passes for one attraction and 2 passes for a different attraction around the same time and we split up and used them at the same time then met back up.

We would have the kids put a band on each arm so they knew which one they had already used. CM had no problem with it. I agree it is no different than paper passes. You were entitled to that many and you are using that many what does it matter who is using it.

JohnD

Just did the tour. You don't need your MBs during it. Besides, you get to ride Soarin' during the tour. So you could put Soarin on the MBs for you and your parents and give them to your wife and and kids for them to ride. It's no different than giving your paper FP to someone else.

I say go for it.

Jae99

Original Poster
Just did the tour. You don't need your MBs during it. Besides, you get to ride Soarin' during the tour. So you could put Soarin on the MBs for you and your parents and give them to your wife and and kids for them to ride. It's no different than giving your paper FP to someone else.

I say go for it.
Did we need the MB's to get sign in when we get to the tour? Essentially what I am hoping to do is have myself and my parents use one of our 2 MB's to use while on the tour and give our other MB to the wife and kids to use on FP's that I have booked for rides during the time we are on the tour. It would kind of show that we are in 2 parts of the park at once (if you will).

Jae99

Original Poster
I'm not sure if I followed you 100% but I think this is an answer to what you are asking. :)

In August there were 4 of us. My husband is not a big rider. Because this was all new to me I mostly booked 4 fastpasses for the same attraction. Then we handled it one of three ways. The two children and I rode and then we didn't use the 4th pass. Or the three of us rode and then one of them used my husband's band to go again or My husband and I would find a nice place to sit and let our children enjoy the ride twice.

There were just a couple of times that I would book 2 passes for one attraction and 2 passes for a different attraction around the same time and we split up and used them at the same time then met back up.

We would have the kids put a band on each arm so they knew which one they had already used. CM had no problem with it. I agree it is no different than paper passes. You were entitled to that many and you are using that many what does it matter who is using it.
Because we have 2 hotel ressies each (2 for my parents and 2 for wife and I) we will receive 2 sets of magic bands for our trip. I was planning on booking 3 FP's in the morning at Epcot for my wife and kids to use while my parent and myself are on the tour. I will also book 3 different FP's in the morning at Epcot for myself and my parents (we will be on the tour ;)). My parents and myself will have one of our magic bands while we are on the tour and give our 2nd magic bands to the wife and kids to use, giving them 6 FP's to use while we are on the tour.

Not sure if that explains it a little more clearly.

Jae99

Original Poster
Provided you don't need to be in possession of your bands while on the tour, I don't see why not.

In answer to your final question, yep, it IS a little offside of wrong, but if it works, why not
Yes its kind of working the system, but I don't think I am the first person to use multiple bands in this manner. I am just not sure if Disney would notice that we are at 2 different parts of the park at the same time.

JohnD

Did we need the MB's to get sign in when we get to the tour? Essentially what I am hoping to do is have myself and my parents use one of our 2 MB's to use while on the tour and give our other MB to the wife and kids to use on FP's that I have booked for rides during the time we are on the tour. It would kind of show that we are in 2 parts of the park at once (if you will).

No, you don't need MBs for the tour, br you should have your confirmation number handy. My name wasn't on their print out list but found me when I gave them my number.

Jae99

Original Poster
No, you don't need MBs for the tour, br you should have your confirmation number handy. My name wasn't on their print out list but found me when I gave them my number.
Thanks for the tip! I will make sure that I have it with me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom