Multiple Dining Reservations?

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
Quick question. We have a party of 8. If we can’t get a dining reservation for 8, and need to instead split into groups of 4, will I be allowed to make multiple reservations at the same restaurant at essentially the same time, or am I limited to only 1 reservation at a given time?

Thanks!

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
You cannot be on the same dining reservation twice if that's what you're asking.

You would select 4 people and make the reservation.
Then you'd select the other 4 people and make the reservation.
If there's multiple MDE accounts involved then just have another guest book the other 4 people.
Or as suggested above you can also call and book two reservations yourself and give the names.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
You cannot be on the same dining reservation twice if that's what you're asking.

You would select 4 people and make the reservation.
Then you'd select the other 4 people and make the reservation.
If there's multiple MDE accounts involved then just have another guest book the other 4 people.
Or as suggested above you can also call and book two reservations yourself and give the names.
Thank you so much! I didn’t know all those options.

If I could ask you one more question, what do I need to do in order to have it so that both myself and another member of our party can both make dining reservations at the same time with the benefit of the 10-days following check in? I have the resort rooms linked to my account so I’m not sure how the other member of my party can also book for all 10 days? I hope that makes sense. And thanks for your help!

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

If I could ask you one more question, what do I need to do in order to have it so that both myself and another member of our party can both make dining reservations at the same time with the benefit of the 10-days following check in? I have the resort rooms linked to my account so I’m not sure how the other member of my party can also book for all 10 days? I hope that makes sense. And thanks for your help!

You'd have to link through the family and friends and then they could help with the planning.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I should mention that if you wanted to do it yourself and select 4 people and make the reservation and then select the other 4 people and make the reservation I think you can do it via the computer because you can change who is lead on the reservation where as on the app YOU are just always going to be lead ont he reservation.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
I should mention that if you wanted to do it yourself and select 4 people and make the reservation and then select the other 4 people and make the reservation I think you can do it via the computer because you can change who is lead on the reservation where as on the app YOU are just always going to be lead ont he reservation.
That makes total sense. Thank you so much for all the great info. Much appreciated!

Hcalvert

If you have another adult in your party, just choose them. They don't have to have an account. However, if you want to cancel that reservation, you will have to call Disney to cancel it.

crawale

Quick question. We have a party of 8. If we can’t get a dining reservation for 8, and need to instead split into groups of 4, will I be allowed to make multiple reservations at the same restaurant at essentially the same time, or am I limited to only 1 reservation at a given time?

Thanks!
We had the same problem for my grandson's birthday celebration. I called and they were able to make a reservation without guests' names so that now we have two reservations accommodating all. They also said mention that there are two reservations when you check in. Prior to calling I could neither increase my original reservation nor make a second reservation because that would override the first. It is wonderful what CMs can do on the back end

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member

Yes, anyone that is a registered resort guest can make a reservation in that window.

Every adult in your party should have their own MyDisneyExperience account, if they don't' already.

MickeyLuv'r

Thanks!
The other thing to maybe know is that you might be seated- at tables next to each other, but not necessarily. It happened once, we were seated near each other, but the service was very uneven between the two different tables. It would have been easier if we had just been seated further apart. One table had entrees, well before any appetizers had arrived to the other table, and the children were mostly the ones without any food.

Other times, it was fine.

Right now, the carry out option is also great, especially with a big group, if you are staying onsite, and especially if you can eat at one of the picnic table areas at your hotel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom