Multiple Base Tickets VS Park Hopper

Dpint43

Hey guys - going to the World later this year for 6 days and I have a question regarding Base tickets vs Park Hoppers (I couldn't find a clear cut answer online so I figured I'd come to you guys).

As I said, the fam is going for 6 days. Normally, if I'm going with just the wife, we'd just get the Park Hopper option (6 day ticket with Park Hopper = 392.99 per person)...but since the family moves a lot slower and wants to do more in each park we will probably only park hop once (MAYBE twice).

So, if I buy an 8 day base ticket (324.83 per person) this saves me around $80 per person. My thinking is this would give us the option to park twice while still going to the parks 6 days.

The question is though...does this work? If we start at Hollywood Studios, go to Epcot can we technically walk back and get into Hollywood Studios if say, we want to watch the Star Wars fireworks? Will that eat up 3 tickets total or does Disney remember I already used a ticket for Hollywood Studios earlier that day?

I also just wasn't sure if you could use TWO base tickets in one day? A side question would be...has anyone tried this with FP+ selections (say make FP+ in TWO parks in one day) or is Disney's tech too smart for this (I assume it is).

Anyways, saving $80 isn't a huge deal, but between 10 of us, we'd be saving $800...so if we can get by park hopping twice with 8 base tickets we'd go for it...thanks for any help!!!

PinnySmart

As others have said you can't use two "daily" admissions to enter 2 different parks on the same day. If you plan to park hop then you must purchase the park hopper option. You can re-enter the same park on the same day.

Upvote 0

RobOttawa

ok so question about this.... if they buy a 6 day pass, and then on day 4 go to guest relations, can they upgrade the last 2 days to be able to park hop? Or do they not do upgrades after the tickets start?

Upvote 0

Lucky

I think you can upgrade as long as you have at least one day left on the ticket. But I don't think you'd save any money by waiting to upgrade when there are fewer days left on the ticket.

Upvote 0

PinnySmart

I think you can upgrade as long as you have at least one day left on the ticket. But I don't think you'd save any money by waiting to upgrade when there are fewer days left on the ticket.
Correct and you are right that there would be no savings. If it were possible to do it the way the OP originally described then everybody would do it that way and Disney would lose revenue on tickets.

Upvote 0

RobOttawa

OK wasn't sure if the OP could just pay for adding the last days on for Park Hopping. But it sounds like they'd charge them the full amount, so no benefit.
I was thinking back to the days where you could do and add the No Expiry option to your remaining days.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom