Multi Day passes UK or USA?

MagicUK

Just a quick question I am visiting the world October 7th -21st this year. I have noticed that the choice of multi pass is wider for the US, the shortest pass available in the UK is 5 day including plus and hopper.

As we do not hop and do not do water parks, DQ or WWS do you think it woud be better for me to wait and purchase passes on site?:veryconfu

Any comments appreciated thanks.

jesserin

MagicUK said:
Just a quick question I am visiting the world October 7th -21st this year. I have noticed that the choice of multi pass is wider for the US, the shortest pass available in the UK is 5 day including plus and hopper.

As we do not hop and do not do water parks, DQ or WWS do you think it woud be better for me to wait and purchase passes on site?:veryconfu

No - I don't think it would be wise to wait at all... be sure to check out at gate pricing before you do anything... Our friends in the UK get a wonderful discount on park tickets... but once you're on Disney soil - everyone pays the same price (for the most part) - and you could end up paying much more for a lesser ticket... Just be sure to visit wdw.com tickets and pricing to price out which ticket you want first - it may come out to a better deal - but I highly doubt it. I was just chatting with some wonderful people from London yesterday (so sad... :( ) while we were checking out and they said they had purchased a 14 day hopper ticket for less than $200 US... you'll never find that deal over here...

Upvote 0

barnum42

Figure out how many days you plan to spend in the parks then check the current prices charged at the ticket booths( http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/ticketchart.htm ) against the hopper passes here then see which works best for you.

Personally I love hopping, particularly as Animal Kingdom is my fave park. It closed early, so with a hopper I can head over to one of the other parks for the evening.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

jesserin said:
while we were checking out and they said they had purchased a 14 day hopper ticket for less than $200 US... you'll never find that deal over here...

Also, they don't sell 14 day tickets here in the US, it is only up to 10 days.

Upvote 0

natalia1681

I have to agree with the Park Hopping. Is there any reason why you don't like it? Are you staying onsite? Park Hopping is a very nice feature with the Extra Magic Hours.

But back to your question--I would seriously consider purchasing your ticket in the UK, especially if you can get more ticket days and more options (i.e. parkhopping), for less money. Good luck with your planning:D

Upvote 0

MagicUK

Original Poster
No we do not stay on site we are always on a budget, using the extra $ on special ticket events for Halloween ( we are planning to do MNSSHP this year anybody have any tips for this event as we have not been before). We have always done one park a day and never felt the need to hop.

We do not get to the world very often so try to make the most of our two weeks and do something different every single day. There are so many attractions to fit in.

Should I try hopping- do you think I would find it beneficial?

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

MagicUK said:
Should I try hopping- do you think I would find it beneficial?
That depends on what YOU want to get from your visit.
You state "the shortest pass available in the UK is 5 day including plus and hopper" - Does this mean that you're planning on being in WDW for less than 5 days ??
We're in Orlando for 21 days in August and will be purchasing 3 x 21 day passes (plus the possibility of an Annual Pass for the discounts) - we reckon that we'll be in the parks for at least 17 of those days yet we don't plan on hopping once

Let us know what plans you have for your trip - it might be easier to advise you

Upvote 0

Tim G

MagicUK said:

http://www.undercovertourist.com

Good pricing, reliable, and free delivery world wide.. and DOES sell the 21 day pass

Has a tool free US number AND a Toll free UK number...

Can't miss with those guys... :D

Upvote 0

domndebs

When we visited last year we only had a week in Orlando and wanted 2 days in Universal, so only need 4 day hopper passes, which you can't buy in the UK. We brought our passes from a US site on the internet and they posted them to the UK. This was the cheapest way to do it:sohappy:.

It depends on how many days you want in WDW, as there are some good offers around for the 14 day ultimate tickeys which you can only purchase in the UK. But it is worth comparing US and UK internet sites to get the best price for what you want.

Upvote 0

barnum42

Whilst I think about it - one other thing to remember when buying Disney tickets:

AVOID EBAY

It's too big a gamble - you could end up with invalid tickets. Don't be tempted.

Upvote 0

MagicUK

Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks guys this is relly useful. I think we will prob go with the 14 day with the plus it gives you more freedom.

Our plan is to do Universal as well- but I have just had my Hidden Mickeys book arrive and plan to do all parks twice, one just to soak up the atmosphere and the other to do the Hidden Mickeys quest. I did not know anything about these before this site.

It just shows me how much more there is to it than I thought.

Thanks everyone

Upvote 0

altec

I am from the UK but have worked at Walt Disney World and Disney Store UK selling tickets.

I would say that in-order to get best value you really need to plan plan plan may be just a rough guide of what you want to do then hit the net and compare price.

However: disney store UK has a 14 day ticket for price of 7 at the mo 9th may 2006, but you may still be able to find cheaper on net. I always buy in UK i find them cheaper, more selection and you have then in your hand one last thing to do, no vouchers to exchange or Q up and buy trying to convert pound dollar rate.
Another point is that hopper no longer have the 'unused days never expire' bonus BUT you can upgrade them at guest relations if you find you have many days left to use - so they dont expire.

With regards to park hopping - i dont really do it just find it a waste of time on transport, although if you are very familiar with parks or know what you want to do it can be fun. Doing a morning (animal king) then break and onto another park for fireworks. But up to you.

Mickey not so scarry - get there early you will be kept out until 7 but its a cool atmosphere.
Get all the sweets (candy) from stops all around park its free you get a bag to put it in but its fun to buy a cheap themed bucket type thing from walmart.
Dress up if you want, avoid disney characters know a few people who have had problems with costumes that were just too good.
see parade - the late one
see fireworks from main street
stay late
have fun

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom