Mufasa Face

hypercatmatt

Original Poster
Ive heard that there is a spotlight on the unseen side of tower of terror that shows mufasas face. I guess the lion king came out while building the ride. I saw it partially (i think) coming back from the fantasia mini golf course. Could someone tell me more!!!!!!!!!:wave:

Dr.Seeker

It is probable that this was a feature on release of the Lion King, but has since been removed/not been switched on. But I haven't heard of this appearance before.

captainbuzzy

I have heard this rumor, but have not seen it myself. The rumor I have heard is that there is a face of a lion in the projection on the building. It can be seen from the back side of ToT from the road or water. I'm not sure if it is actually a gel over the lights or just the shadows on the building that forms the lion.

Dr.Seeker

This is probably just a trick of the light, but it is disney, so you never know what they've been designing. Though it does seem odd to be promoting the Lion King, when nothing is there to celebrate about it.

Pixie Duster

Well unto someone proves this one, here is a lion face to satisfy your curiousity.
At AK lodge if you go all the way through the lobby and down the stairs as if you are going to the main savanah. Before you go outside turn around and look at the rock formation. A lion's face is formed.

darthjohnny

Well maybe Mufasa's face is there or it could just look like that and be a coincidence.

Some think that during the night, when the purple lighting shines on Expedition: Everest, there appears to be a Yeti's face on the side of the mountain. :)

MythBuster

At Kali River Rapids, after you get off the upramp, the waterfall on your left, there is a tiger's face sculpted in the rocks

Chape19714

The Face was installed to the backstage side of Tower of Terror around the release of Lion King. I don't have a picture, but it was quite simply a light GOBO cut to Mufasa's face with a gel over it.

It has not been seen for several years.

To my knowledge, there is no Mufasa Face in Fantasmic, although Simba is projected on the screens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom