MT's Worldly Update 9/26/07

CaptainMichael

Original Poster
*sigh* One month of my College Program has officially come and gone. Today I went to EPCOT and Magic Kingdom.

EPCOT:

I think the cardboard cutouts for the F&W displays are staying. I think that's the look they were going for...it isn't dreadful looking in person, yet it is ironic that this years theme is "Tastefully Inspired".

Sign outside of WoL:

SSE looks beautiful at dusk. Actually, SSE looks beautiful at any time of the day. This morning when I drove by (5:30am) a light was shining from the roof.

Meanwhile, under SSE, the scaffolding is still there, but the paint behind it looks completed. So, I'd expect the scaffolding to come down (tonight maybe) if the new signs are installed already.

CaptainMichael

Original Poster
I don't want to cause a panic, but there is new scaffolding in front of the mural. If anyone could would like to, I'd appreciate if you could brighten up these pics. I don't have the capabilites.

New landscaping around the FoN:

At Magic Kingdom, I got the chance to ride Space Mountain 3 times with the lights on. It is a totally different experience, and I loved it. I have a video, and I am trying to get it up. Don't watch it if you don't want the magic spoiled:wave:

the-reason14

I don't want to cause a panic, but there is new scaffolding in front of the mural. If anyone could would like to, I'd appreciate if you could brighten up these pics. I don't have the capabilites.

New landscaping around the FoN:

At Magic Kingdom, I got the chance to ride Space Mountain 3 times with the lights on. It is a totally different experience, and I loved it. I have a video, and I am trying to get it up. Don't watch it if you don't want the magic spoiled:wave:

Really, OMG. All the way thru? Man thats like one of my dreams. I got stuck on it twice in the summer. Once toward the end after the "big" drop then the second time right before the first light tunnel. It was weird riding thru it with the lights, or half of it, I could really admire it more when I could see all that is Space Mountain.

Uponastar

Here ya go.
I brightened them up a bit. . .

mk3.jpg

mt2.jpg

mt1.jpg

CaptainMichael

Original Poster
Here ya go.
I brightened them up a bit. . .
Thanks Dot:kiss:

Thanks for the pics & update! Love the SSE at dusk picture :)
You're welcome. To me, it's the best time to be in EPCOT, especially WS.

I *love* the cheese and grape topiaries!
They are pretty cool...the Ratawhatever cutouts...not so much.

Thanks Michael!..
Love the Spaceship Earth pictures..:)

I LOVE EPCOT!
You're welcome:kiss:

Am I wong or does that look like they have re-done the mural??
I can't tell. Wish I had a better camera or a ladder:lookaroun

Can anyone confirm if they have/haven't gotten rid of the ugly brown stripe things on the legs? :)
I'm pretty sure they're still there...that's the kind of thing you'd probably notice walking in.

Great pics...They better not touch the mural....:fork:
Thanks, I hope they don't because they'll be an uproar here, but you never know if they have something better planned.

Silvermist

I'm pretty sure they're still there...that's the kind of thing you'd probably notice walking in.

Darn...

I'd love to see those painted over and the purple tarps taken down. But I guess we have to be grateful for what has been done. It does look great!

Thanks for the pics and update.

JEANYLASER

I love Spaceship Earth too! do you have the new sign of the entrance of Spaceship earth by Siemens! And the pictures of the new Spaceship Earth vehicles including touchscreens.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I absolutely love your photo of SSE at dusk. A hi-res copy would make a beautiful wallpaper (hint, hint)

I like the entrance display, I like it a lot...looking forward to seeing it in person next week!

I do hope they leave the design of that mural alone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom