MSEP leaving WDW in October ...

What nighttime parade would you like to see at WDW?

• Total voters

mousehockey37

Now I've read on Twitter from Tom Bricker that PTN is getting refurbed and that is why MSEP is headed out to Cali. He said there was no swap taking place, but just a refurb. He's had decent info in the past with things, but this is just what he's reporting. So, PTN would be cool in WDW, but I've had my concerns with it (it's an epileptic persons nightmare of a parade). They could come out with a new parade, but again, we'd know about it (think back to FoF, it was highly publicized).

I think the MK will just run without for some time, which is why they're refurbing Celebrate the Magic now, to have it ready for when MSEP leaves, so they're not down 2 night time shows.

I'd just love to see that Maleficent dragon from FoF at night... I mean, really, who wouldn't want to see a fire-breathing dragon at night!!! (Starts a petition to put the Steampunk Dragon in the Boo To You Parade).

Cowboy Steve

Due to some scheduling conflicts we never got to see the MSEP our past few trips... now I kinda wish we would have! Sorry to see it go... but certainly understand they had probably already exceeded the expected lifespan of the floats. Disney had probably gotten to the point where they were going to have sink a bunch of money into the floats or scrap it. With all of today's digital and LED technology I'm sure a new night time parade will be in works. Still... nice little piece of nostalgia that parade!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Now I've read on Twitter from Tom Bricker that PTN is getting refurbed and that is why MSEP is headed out to Cali. He said there was no swap taking place, but just a refurb. He's had decent info in the past with things, but this is just what he's reporting. So, PTN would be cool in WDW, but I've had my concerns with it (it's an epileptic persons nightmare of a parade). They could come out with a new parade, but again, we'd know about it (think back to FoF, it was highly publicized).

I think the MK will just run without for some time, which is why they're refurbing Celebrate the Magic now, to have it ready for when MSEP leaves, so they're not down 2 night time shows.

I'd just love to see that Maleficent dragon from FoF at night... I mean, really, who wouldn't want to see a fire-breathing dragon at night!!! (Starts a petition to put the Steampunk Dragon in the Boo To You Parade).

If we're going to go with fire breathing dragon at night, let's just have Drogon. Can you imagine a 747 sized dragon cruising down Main Street and landing on the top turret of the Castle, the main train depot, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain or Space Mountain? Now THAT would be an awesome evening show. Calling George Martin.....

He'd need to be Disneyfied....wouldn't want to scare the kiddies..... but this is a dragon...

Drogon_5x02.jpg

Ivan72

Spectromagic was the paradeof our daughters youth in the 90s, so it's very dear to us. However, MSEP has a place in my heart from years prior. It was cool to see it again when it returned in 2000, I think. But nothing is forever, or should be I suppose. So renew Spectro or develop a new parade. I like the idea of the parks having some unique things from each other.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Well if Spectromagic wasn't demolished I would be quick to believe that this is the return that we were waiting for back in 2011 - 2012. But since there is no replacement or fill in and Paint the Night is already getting refurbished it leaves me to wonder if that was a big rumor and if so the material being thrown out were retired parts of the units but since it seem pretty clear that it's gone I could only wonder. Also remember that Fantillushion is also currently not being used but to be honest I'm not the biggest fan of that parade. They would capitalize off of a Spectromagic return now then they would back in fall of 2010 where most people would go on their annual trip without even noticing it was ever gone.

Last edited:

CheshireCat12

I'm one of the very few who are not sad to see it go. The music was annoying and the parade was so outdated. Instead of us swapping parades with DLR, I'd like to see something developed just for WDW. Something really bang up and only run once at night.

Never saw Spectromagic. Would love to see something the caliber of Festival of Fantasy or Boo to You. We could use a few more fire breathing dragons. Wouldn't that be spectacular at night? Something that is an appropriate opener for Wishes.
I love the Electrical Parade BECAUSE it is old and classic :) I for one will be sorry to see it go.

MickeyMomV

I'm one of the very few who are not sad to see it go. The music was annoying and the parade was so outdated. Instead of us swapping parades with DLR, I'd like to see something developed just for WDW. Something really bang up and only run once at night.

Never saw Spectromagic. Would love to see something the caliber of Festival of Fantasy or Boo to You. We could use a few more fire breathing dragons. Wouldn't that be spectacular at night? Something that is an appropriate opener for Wishes.
I have to say of all of the parades Boo To You has to be our favorite!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom