Ms

FutureCEO

Original Poster
Built for a reported $100 million, the ride gives passengers the sense they're blasting off by securing them in capsules attached to a centrifuge like the contraptions used to train astronauts -- or those carnival rides that pin thrill seekers against the wall of a spinning chamber.

Bob Zalk, a senior show producer for Walt Disney Imagineering, said passengers won't feel the capsule spinning but will be pushed back in their well-cushioned seats by the centrifugal force.

That, combined with the photo-realistic views outside the capsule "windows" and sound effects you feel rather than hear, will create the illusion of liftoff, he said.

"This is the only way you can get an experience like that, short of being launched into space," he said.
Holy Cow. My favorite ride in the parks and it hasn't even opened yet. :sohappy:

I want to go in October. But I can't go to WDW :fork: unless my parents go next year or I do the college program or I go on spring break.

MicBat

Ah, yes... all this talk of Mission: Space is making me wish I would have done the college program in the fall instead of the spring.

Pixiedust30

Hey futureceo it's funny you graduted from coventry high I graduated from Narragansett and go to URI- I to can't wait to ride mission space. It should be the best ride in disney hands down.

15 days till my next trip:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom