Mr. Toad's Wild Ride!

Sir Hiss527

Original Poster
This is a story that we always talk about...But never enough Threads about it. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride used to be in are hearts forever, and still is. But it's gone now, but Disney I think made one of stupidest decisions off all time. Since Pooh is now in Fantasyland, do you think there is any chance for the Wild Ride to return? I do. There was a thread that Lee suscribed, and in there he had a Link to go to this website. And let me tell you I read some of those articles, and I almost began to sobb. This ride was a part of people's life's. ( I can't quite remember the website, but LEE suscribed it. What do you think? Do you think Mr. Toad is going to come back some day in the future? Or do you think Pooh is going to stay for years to come? Thanks! Post!

-Sir Hiss-

Long live Mr. Toad!

Epcot is my fav

i think that Mr.Toads Wild Ride has little to no chance in coming back...dont get me wrong i would love it to come back..it was one of my favorites.....i just think it won t happen.....:cry: :cry:

orangefan15

I can't see Disney killing a ride then bringing it back...just not very logical...besides, you can't expect them to admit making a mistake can you?

ACE

Attachments

• fanatttoadfeat.jpg
    fanatttoadfeat.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 251

Lee

Adventurer
Toad lives!
I rode with him last summer.....at Disneyland.
Toad out there is superior to the old WDW one.

Brooke

I liked Toad, but I don't think Disney made one of the stupidest decisions of all time...I think it was very smart of them to replace Toad with Pooh. Kids nowadays don't know about Toad they know about Winnie The Pooh and they love him and the ride. Just because you don't like the decision doesn't mean it is stupid.

DCA Fan

Originally posted by Brooke
I liked Toad, but I don't think Disney made one of the stupidest decisions of all time...I think it was very smart of them to replace Toad with Pooh. Kids nowadays don't know about Toad they know about Winnie The Pooh and they love him and the ride. Just because you don't like the decision doesn't mean it is stupid.
Similar thing is happening here at DL. They're thinking of renaming Tom Sawyer Island to Wilderness Island or something like that b/c not enough kids know who Tom Sawyer is anymore. Sad really....

Luau Cove

Originally posted by crazy2363
Another example of Disney selling out.

I don't think "sell-out" applies in this case. They just replaced a ride that was outdated for kids with a ride for kids, which, the by the way, it is very well done and very smart, too.
I'd also prefer Toad, but I think things should keep changing. If they wouldn't keep updating rides, people would stop going to Disney. If you call attracting more people being a "sell-out", then the whole capitalist system is too.

-->Luconomic

goofyfan13

Maybe, they'll put a Mr. Toad animatronic in Winnie the Pooh! :lol: Just kidding, yes i do miss Mr. Toad but the ride was outdated and never had a line, It's just more pheasable for Disney to close down a ride that isn't succesful and put on up that is, like Pooh has always had an hour plus wait when I've been there. Hopefully they will resurect Toad but I really don't see it happening.

EchoOfOphelia

I would be absolutely shocked if Disney brought back Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I assume that it was replaced for a reason, even though the die hard Disney fans loved it... and replaced it with that stupid bear that I absolutely hate.

Although, they did respond to the abomination of a ride that they replaced Journey Into Imagination with, so you never know! However, POOH is a very popular ride (god knows why, I'm boycotting it) so I doubt that it would ever come back.

Sorry to disappoint you!

Mr. Toad

As much as I loved Mr. Toad's Wild Ride I do not think it will be coming back to WDW. Even if it had been updated, most people had no clue who Mr. Toad was or what story he was from.

The funny thing is that I was a big Pooh fan as a kid and always wished there was a Pooh ride. Then I grow up and they put the Pooh ride in place of one of my favorites. Ironic, isn't it. At least they didn't put Pooh in place of the Haunted Mansion.

Originally posted by DCA Fan
Similar thing is happening here at DL. They're thinking of renaming Tom Sawyer Island to Wilderness Island or something like that b/c not enough kids know who Tom Sawyer is anymore. Sad really....

OK, now that is really sad (not the renaming as much as the kids not knowing Tom Sawyer).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom