Mr. Toads wild ride

T1nker_Bell

I might annoy some people, but I absolutely love Winnie the Pooh. I can remember riding Mr. Toad's Wild Ride when I was little, and I liked it, but it wasn't my favorite attraction. Mr. Toad doesn't really fit the theme of fantasy land and it is a little bizzare, especially for young kids.

Sketch105

Originally posted by MicBat
Is the "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" at Disney Land much different than the one that used to reside at WDW?

Yes, actually. The one at WDW had two tracks with different rooms, though they both ended with the riders going to hell. Plus all the figures were two dimensional. Disneyland got a revamp of the ride in 1983, and all the figures are three dimensional. The Disneyland version only has one track.

Universalman22

!GOT TOO!

~I HAD THE CHANCE TO RIDE IT....... BUT OUT OF NOWHERE IT WAS GONE.... I FOUND OUT THAT THEY TOOK IT DOWN... I WAS SAD... WHY COULDNT THEY PUT IT SOMEWHERE ELSE? erRRRRR.. OH WELL./ LIKE THEY SAY: BETTER LICK NEXT TIME!~

Joalovar

I miss Mr Toad

Mr Toad was one of my favorites rides at the MK. I liked that part with the train coming over you with the light, wow, a simple fx but so effective!

Pooh is an ok ride for children but Toad was something else, specially the two different tracks. Let's hope Disneyland's version stay available for a long time.

emobelle

SkyRide

mandib--

I was definitely crushed to find that the Sky Ride ("those things that almost looked like a ski lift and took you across the park") was no longer an attraction at MK -- I always loved being able to ride all the way to Fantasyland at the end of the day without having to WALK! There are similar attractions at some Six Flags parks (Six Flags Over Georgia has one, I know) and I always ride them to avoid walking long distances. *SiGH* Oh, well, at least Main Street Railroad is still in tact for lazy people like me. :D

--emo belle

SpaceMountain

My first visit to Disney World I rode Mr. Toads Wild Ride. I loved it. On my last trip whoever, i was dissapointed to see they got rid of it and put The Winnie The Poo ride. :brick: :hammer: :fork: :cry: :(
I wasn't to thrilled.

MFLetou

Long Live the Toad

I really never had much a clue as to what the ride was really about (or Wind of the Willows for that matter), but I didn't care. Having been a little boy once myself, I can attest to the fact that there is NOTHING little boys love more than being to pretend they are driving. And with Mr. Toad, you could. I loved it! I have so many memories of sitting on my dad's lap (I was REAL little) at Disneyland California and spinning that steering wheel around the track. I'm really glad its still in CA, but its a shame they replaced it in Florida. Again, its a link to Disney's past and those should be preserved whenever possible.

Also, that Winnie the Pooh ride is lame. Way lame. No offense to anyone, but compared to the Toad, its BOOOORING. I don't know, maybe its me, but I think that an increasing part of Disney's business in the coming years is going to be from adults like myself who have really fond memories of Disney when they were kids. And while its awesome to have new attractions (you need them and usually with Disney, they're GREAT), you still want to see the same things you saw when you were a kid. If I ever have kids, I want them to experience the same rides I did when I was little--the Tiki Room the way it always was, those sky things, the Toad, the Carosuel of Progress (not really a kids thing but I always liked it). Anyway, keep the old stuff!

mr snrub

i remember rinding on Mr Toad the first two times i went
the first time, when i was like 7, i remeber being really scared, becuse i didn't understand (and still dont know) WHY MR TOAD WENT TO HELL??? WHAT DID HE DO THAT WAS SO BAD??

i also heard that in the DL version, he goes to heavon on one side. True?

i like the pooh ride though, it has some nice effects

JTFerret

There is only one track in the Disneyland version so everyone goes to hell in the end of the ride. The last trip I took in January of this year (2003) I made sure to ride Mr. Toad's Wild Ride several times to relive a little childhood. Unfortunately, while I was there they were rehabbing Matterhorn, Haunted Mansion, and It's a Small World - three of the most popular rides in the park. It's amazing how different some of the rides are between Disney World and Disneyland - Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain all have differences (whether it be the ride vehicles or the ride itself).

SpaceMountain

I remember the first time I went on Mr. Toad(I was 4 years old). The devil that jumps out, made me jump but didn't scare me. The second time I was on. I still jumped. I just think that's odd if i knew it was comming.

T1nker_Bell

I agree with my mum in saying I wish they kept Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and added Winnie the Pooh. Some may hate me, but WTP could have replaced Snow White, which would be perfectly fine.

MouseMadness

I believe my first trip to WDW was when WTP was under construction, so I just gotta ask... THERE WAS A RIDE WHERE YOU VISITED HELL?!?!?!?!?:eek: Egads!

Oh, and I love Winnie the Pooh, because my babies love Winnie the Pooh. :) I think the only people who would be offended by those who "hate" it and think it's "lame" are those who came up with the ride. :lookaroun :p :lol: But with all the hullabaloo from those who loved Toad, I will make a point to ride it in DL someday when I *hopefully* get to go there. :)

aim

:cry:

Attachments

• toads2.jpg
    toads2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 127

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom