Movies without attractions....

Master Gracey 5

I think that Nemo needs an attraction! I really don't count the one at Epcot, because it is soooo boring, and there really isnt much to it! They could have done a much better Nemo ride.

I would also like to see an Up! ride (Could Soarin' be re-themed? :shrug:).

Other than those, The Lion King, Aladdin, and Alice are all under-represented in the parks....all 3 could make for awesome dark rides!

I've had the same feeling about an UP ride using the Soarin ride system, except they generally make the Pixar themed rides for most guests and there are definitely a large number of people uncomfortable with Soarin.

As for Lion King, I wouldn't say that is an underrepresented movie. Theres Festival of the Lion King, Circle of Life and merchandise everywhere, plus there used to be the puppet show where Philharmagic now stands and probably something else I've forgotten. If anything it was overexposed and is now more reasonable.

Book Belle

I would love to see something with the Incredibles. I've always thought that movie was so funny and had so many true moments (like the scene where they are driving to the fight and arguing about which way to go, that is completely my parents :lol: )

Crockett

Banned
Since this has become a popular topic, I have enjoyed going back & reading what most people think on this subject. I find that Mary Poppins is a very popular answer in many of these discussions. While true, MP is one of the greatest all-time Disney films (one of my personal favorites), the question is this: Does the film pose enough options to make a successful attraction?

While it does have some of the best Disney music ever created...is the ride factor present? While I would love to see more of Mary Poppins on park grounds, I do not see how the film's theme or story could be translated well into a ride. Perhaps the carousel scene or fox hunt scene. But other than that :confused:

It would probably be better off as a park musical than an actual E or D ticket ride.

STITCHGEFAN

Since this has become a popular topic, I have enjoyed going back & reading what most people think on this subject. I find that Mary Poppins is a very popular answer in many of these discussions. While true, MP is one of the greatest all-time Disney films (one of my personal favorites), the question is this: Does the film pose enough options to make a successful attraction?

While it does have some of the best Disney music ever created...is the ride factor present? While I would love to see more of Mary Poppins on park grounds, I do not see how the film's theme or story could be translated well into a ride. Perhaps the carousel scene or fox hunt scene. But other than that :confused:

It would probably be better off as a park musical than an actual E or D ticket ride.

Agree with you 100%. Same goes for Bambi and many others in my opinion.
Alice is a popular one but isn't there the tea cups. Aladdin has Carpets (poor, I know) so they are being exposed.
The sir who came up with the Tron/Black Hole idea should be on the Imagineering team NOW!

erasure fan1

The Lion King, Aladdin, and Alice are all under-represented in the parks....all 3 could make for awesome dark rides!
Yes, the Lion king is by far my number one choice. Not that the AK show is bad but I think Disneys 2nd highest grossing animated film of all time (2nd to nemo) deserves so much more than what it has.

1) I think the Lion King would make an awesome attraction somewhere in MK, or even AK (not counting Festival of Lion King, this is strictly rides)
I would say put it in AK, that park just needs it more. I would love to see Lion king turned into a flume ride like splash mountain. I think all of the major scenes in this movie would translate awesome into ride show scenes.

My 2nd choice would be for the princess and the frog. This would make a killer boat ride (like pirates/small world) and this I would put in the magic kingdom. I know it wasnt financially popular but if this movie doesnt scream ride, I dont know what would.

Kirk88

Wow, I can just imagine having an indoor version of this at Disney. Would fit in perfect with the new movie...(Click on link to know what I'm talking about...)

http://www.coastersandmore.de/rides/boosterbike/boosterbike_e.shtml

Vekoma Motor Bikes...

Sexy.

AWESOME! This has light cycles written all over it! You would have to have 2 opposing tracks so you could get the whole head on 'break away' effect. I think it would be a great addtion to Tomorrow Land.

TRON is definitely one of the movies I would have named. In addtion to that, Black Hole is a great idea as is Alice in Wonderland, Mary Poppins, the Incredibles.

spectromom

My 2nd choice would be for the princess and the frog. This would make a killer boat ride (like pirates/small world) and this I would put in the magic kingdom. I know it wasnt financially popular but if this movie doesnt scream ride, I dont know what would.

I agree, I think this could make a great ride. I think Hercules would be a good one too.

Crockett

Banned
My 2nd choice would be for the princess and the frog.
^YES! This film has such potential for a great themed ride, restaurant, or stage show. The entire New Orleans / bayou feel of it...just screams for some sort of attraction. Tiana's Place restaurant, or Dr. Facilier's House of Magic. Something cool along those lines to tie-in with the film.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom