Movie Tie In's

DisneyKrazed

Original Poster
Who here thinks that the movie tie in are usless and can bring down the possibilities for the attractions. Attractions ideas like Atlantis and Reign of Fire (name would change if the movie wasn't involved) could have so much potential if Disney didn't try to tie it in with a movie, but instead used there own endless imagination to create attractions people can enjoy.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Movie audience = people that have heard of it = better attraction (usually)

The Indy Jones stunt show would be very subpar.
Star Tours wouldn't exist.

Most of MGM, IOA, and US would not exist.

Movie tie-ins must also bring in money from the movie studio. So, they are very good at getting a ride built.

And I don't know of anyone that complains of Aerosmith being on RnRC. Thats a tie-in as well.

Sketch105

Movie tie-ins are very useful, actually, but I think they can damage a ride if the movie was not well recieved. Particularly if they are built and developed beforehand.

I wish they would change Dinosaur back to Countdown to Extinction. The public must have forgotten about that dud.

Movie tie-ins also help establish a character to a ride. Would you rater go on the Amazing Adventures of Spiderman, or The Amazing Adventures of Superslappy Happy Man?

BUT the problem is DIsney seems to think it absolutely needs a movie tie-in.

They don't. A lot of rides don't have to have tie-ins at all to work.

Beastly Kingdom could be built without a movie tie-in.

Dueling Dragons at IOA does not have a tie-in with any movie.

Journey to the Center of the Earth doesn't (though Universal made a movie by that name)

Space Mountain does not tie-in with any movie.

BTM does not have any tie-in movie (hopefully it won't, but with HM, Country Bears, and Pirates on the horizon, it could not be too far beyond. WHO GREENLIGHTS THESE THINGS???)

There are probably a lot of attractions that could have been better than their movie counterparts. We'll never hear of the Black Hole attraction, ________ Tracy's Crimestoppers, Discovery Bay (with the Island at the Top of the World attraction), etc. etc.

Atlantis could be turned into an awesome ride, had the movie been A.) better B.) better recieved and c.)been profitable.

You want an attraction? Go see the movie, Get your friends and buy merchandise.

(By the way, the Haunted Mansion movie storyine does not tie in with the attraction at all. Which is a good and bad thing. Eddie Murphy moves into a house, neglects his family, and the ghosts teach him how "family" is a very valuable thing to have. WHAT??? )

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by DisneyKrazed
Who here thinks that the movie tie in are usless and can bring down the possibilities for the attractions. Attractions ideas like Atlantis and Reign of Fire (name would change if the movie wasn't involved) could have so much potential if Disney didn't try to tie it in with a movie, but instead used there own endless imagination to create attractions people can enjoy.

i completely agree! i've mentioned the same thing a long time ago.

the way i see it is that Disney has SUCH a creative team behind them, that the movie tie-ins (such as BLSRS) are 'we've run out of ideas' rides. but i do see Thrawn's point....Disney has these well known/loved characters, and it would be a shame to not see them in one of the parks SOMEWHERE...i just don't want to see ALL the characters. the aspect of Disney World that i love is that it takes you to many other times and places...not just DISNEY world. see what i'm saying?

but when it comes to the Studios parks (MGM, Universal, etc) then they HAVE to have movie tie-ins...which is perfectly fine to me....that's what they were designed to do; to take you INSIDE the movies, and in some cases, promote movies or tv shows.

in most movie tie-ins, Disney has done well with staying with the theme of the lands/parks...except in one case...how in the hell did they ever think they could tie-in Aladdin with Adventureland? and why? Aladdin is old news! and i know some people still really love the movie, which is fine....but why but it in Adventureland (used to be one of my most fave lands in MK) that land is so mixed up now! you have the jungle on your left hand side, Agrabah on your right hand side, and the Caribbean in front of you! it's just ridiculous! why couldn't they have extended behind Fantasyland or something?

to get a little off subject here...."(By the way, the Haunted Mansion movie storyine does not tie in with the attraction at all. Which is a good and bad thing. Eddie Murphy moves into a house, neglects his family, and the ghosts teach him how "family" is a very valuable thing to have. WHAT??? )"
WHAT?!?! that has got to be one of the worst plots i've ever heard! if they could not have made up a better plot than that, i wish they would just leave the ride's name out of it! boy...now i really dread to hear the story line they've come up with for Pirates!

tweetypez1

I don't think a movie tie-in has to be a bad thing...what about Splash Mountain? It just can't be an excuse for mediocrity. I want SOME movie tie-ins to enhance the Disney atmoshere And some creative originals.
They should probably look to established classics and quit hitching their plans on the next big thing that might turn out to be a bust. Who knows what great attractions we may have missed because a movie failed to make 300 million dollars.

FanofDinsey1981

I wish they would change Dinosaur back to Countdown to Extinction. The public must have forgotten about that dud. >>

totally agree there! good lord, I saw the movie. the ride does not deserve that name. Countdown to Extinction was a cool name, since it had something more to do with the THEME of the ride instead of just the animatronics.

but yeah, we need movie tie-ins. otherwise, we wouldn't have MGM.

FanofDinsey1981

Re: Re: Movie Tie In's

to get a little off subject here...."(By the way, the Haunted Mansion movie storyine does not tie in with the attraction at all. Which is a good and bad thing. Eddie Murphy moves into a house, neglects his family, and the ghosts teach him how "family" is a very valuable thing to have. WHAT??? )"
WHAT?!?! that has got to be one of the worst plots i've ever heard! if they could not have made up a better plot than that, i wish they would just leave the ride's name out of it! boy...now i really dread to hear the story line they've come up with for Pirates! [/B][/QUOTE]

Uh yeah. Previews for Country Bears looks horrible. and HM would be bit#hin if they put it to the story of the ride. Ya know, the master and his bride to be play hide and seek, and then she locks herself in the attic in a box, dies, and comes back as a ghost.........

Pirates better be so much better that THAT.

at least with the TOT movie, they used the actual ride and stuff. that was a decent made for tv movie.

durhay

I'd pay money to see The Amazing Adventures of Superslappy Happy Man

I'm still waiting for a CONDORMAN-themed ride. :rolleyes:

durhay

IT WILL HAPPEN, TOO! :D

Attachments

• condorman.jpg
    condorman.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 107

RobVanDam

hey now, lets not forget the good ol' ToT... It was from Twlight Zone and they made a movie on it which every now then appear so nthe Disney Channel..

=-RVD-=

Steamboat_Kevin

Originally posted by RobVanDam
hey now, lets not forget the good ol' ToT... It was from Twlight Zone and they made a movie on it which every now then appear so nthe Disney Channel..

=-RVD-=
That is quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen, besides Adventures in Dinosaur City, that movie reeks of badness.

disneydudette

Originally posted by Steamboat_Kevin

That is quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen, besides Adventures in Dinosaur City, that movie reeks of badness.

Hey!:mad:I like that movie.....

it was very cute....NOT:snore: :snore:

and we all wonder y theres still shelves full of that movie at the gift shop :lol: :lol:

mmartin2x

"(By the way, the Haunted Mansion movie storyine does not tie in with the attraction at all. Which is a good and bad thing. Eddie Murphy moves into a house, neglects his family, and the ghosts teach him how "family" is a very valuable thing to have. WHAT??? )"
WHAT?!?! that has got to be one of the worst plots i've ever heard! if they could not have made up a better plot than that, i wish they would just leave the ride's name out of it! boy...now i really dread to hear the story line they've come up with for Pirates!

IN A WORLD...
Where violence...is the only way to survive...
And sanctuary...is hard to come by...
ONE MAN...has a dream...
To CHANGE his WORLD forever....
"Fire at will!"
[huge explosion]

From the producer of "The Big Green"...

MATT DAMON and FREDDY PRINZE JR. are...

THE PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN.

the_snow_prince

I see no problem with movie tie-ins as long as they're well though out, themed, and are entertaining. Also, the tie-in attractions (for example, Buzz, Pooh, or Millionare) are more marketable and easier promoted than if an attraction with an original storyline such as Haunted Mansion was made today.

Steamboat_Kevin

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek

Aye aye aye! That's a really bad storyline. Why would a ghost of all things teach you how family is valuable? :confused:
Maybe PotC will be better, or maybe not :brick:

Dizknee_Phreek

Re: Re: Re: Movie Tie In's

Originally posted by FanofDinsey1981
Uh yeah. Previews for Country Bears looks horrible. and HM would be bit#hin if they put it to the story of the ride. Ya know, the master and his bride to be play hide and seek, and then she locks herself in the attic in a box, dies, and comes back as a ghost.........

Pirates better be so much better that THAT.

at least with the TOT movie, they used the actual ride and stuff. that was a decent made for tv movie.

now see, if you had produced the HM movie and used that storyline (the one you just mentioned...not the one actually being used) i would have been VERY satisfied! have you ever thought about becoming a producer? :lol: j/k :animwink:

and yeah, Country Bears DOES look horrible...but i've never liked the Country Bears to begin with, so...

today my sister reminded me about something...i told her about the HM plot, and then she mentioned how we saw on a web site that Johnny Depp was in talks to do Pirates, so hopefully that one will have a better plot....and i TOTALLY forgot about seeing that on the site we saw! i love Johnny! he's one of my favorite actors! he'd be a PERFECT pirate! if he is in it, i just hope he has the pirate lingo ("argh, ye scurvy dogs!") *crossin my fingers*

and yes, i agree, i liked how they based TOT on the actualy ride and its plot. i just wished they had used a bit more special effects...my favorite part was where the ghostly Suzy Sunshine (that was her name, right?) was singing in the kitchen and it was raining (i think it was anyway...been a LONG time since i've seen that movie) i thought that effect was awesome! freaked me out a bit too!:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom