Mousekeeping tip

Captain Sparrow

This may sound like a silly question but I'll ask it anyway:

When leaving a tip for mousekeeping, is there a special envelope or something to put the money in so they know it's for them and you didn't just accidentally leave a couple bucks lying around?

J_Krafty24

Write a quick note on a sheet of paper and set the money on top of it so they can be sure. Also an easy way to request extra towels, cups, soap, whatever.

Upvote 0

celticdog

I make my own envelopes. I put characters on them and address them to Mousekeeping with a "Thank you for everything" note in the corner. I then leave it in the middle of the bed. This process leaves very little room for doubt. I have been rewarded handsomely for my efforts.

Upvote 0

VT GAL

This may sound like a silly question but I'll ask it anyway:

When leaving a tip for mousekeeping, is there a special envelope or something to put the money in so they know it's for them and you didn't just accidentally leave a couple bucks lying around?

I was thinking the same thing.

A little while ago there was a thread, and in the thread was a link the The Mouse for Les where they have different character envelopes.

Here it is:

http://www.themouseforless.com/downloads/trip/mousekeeping.shtml

Hope this helps and have a nice trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

Mystic

We made up our own envelopes and covered them with Disney stickers and had Mousekeeping written on them. We left them on the vanity in the sink area so they wouldn't be missed. In the past we've also just left the money sitting under the mousekeeper's name card that they left so that they knew the money was intended for them. We've never come back and found the money still sitting there.

Upvote 0

Raven66

I just write a note on a piece of paper and put the money under it. I usually write stuff like Thank you for all you do. Or You make coming back to the room great. And I just sign it from our family.

Upvote 0

yazmin182

I also printed out my own disney envelopes from one of those websites. I brought a few extra just in case. I only left 2 dollars a day for the both of us, nothing special but I think they really liked the envelopes. They always left extra towels, soaps, shampoos and we got a few towel animals.

Upvote 0

no2apprentice

I've always left the tip under the name card on the bathroom vanity. However, I do like the idea of making special envelopes. I'll have to try that on our trip in May.

Upvote 0

yazmin182

I've always left the tip under the name card on the bathroom vanity. However, I do like the idea of making special envelopes. I'll have to try that on our trip in May.

Yeah it is something a little extra special, and it gives you more Disney related things to do while you wait around for your trip!

Upvote 0

bayoutinkbelle

I'll have to get creative and make some special envelopes before my trip.

I've learned not to leave spare change lying about when I go on vacation because it can be mistaken for housekeeping tips. This happened not at a Disney hotel, but off-site. I had a few dollars in quarters in a cup for laundry, left for the day and came back to find a thank-you note. I should have known better. :hammer:

Upvote 0

DisneyChik17

I'll have to get creative and make some special envelopes before my trip.

I've learned not to leave spare change lying about when I go on vacation because it can be mistaken for housekeeping tips. This happened not at a Disney hotel, but off-site. I had a few dollars in quarters in a cup for laundry, left for the day and came back to find a thank-you note. I should have known better. :hammer:

At least they said thank you. Honestly though, people need to stop assuming. It's kind of rude to just take money, no matter what you think it is for.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Mousekeepers leave their card in the room, typically near the sink(s).

I leave the $ under the card. It's obvious that I didn't just drop it, and they always pick it up.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

That was too bad about your change being mistaken for a tip. We always have a pile of change in our rooms at WDW and it has never been touched. In fact at the end of our first day when we return to the room, someone asks, "Hey John, where are we leaving the change?" and my brother decides on this years spot.

We will leave a note on the hotel stationery with the tip wrapped in it.

Upvote 0

TTFN-Tiggger

I bring envelopes from home. I decorate them with disney stickers or fun stamps and write on the envelope "Mousekeeping ~ thanks for all you do". I also put the money in there in advance and put one out a day. I usually leave them in the vanity area. Always have been taken. :)

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

I always take the envelope with the thank you and tip down to the front desk with our room number on it and the dates we stayed...in case the Mousekeeping person who was responsible for our room goes on vacation the day we leave, or is off that day.

Upvote 0

philipneil

Just returned from Pop Century (March 10-15) and during a three night span we returned to our room to notice that the mousekeeping envelope we decorated with stickers and thank yous was still where we left it. That was the first time it has ever happened in many trips. We changed where we left the envelope (on top of TV unit, on bed, by the sink) with the same results.

As an adjustment, we simply left more than usual for our last tip.

Upvote 0

celticdog

I always take the envelope with the thank you and tip down to the front desk with our room number on it and the dates we stayed...in case the Mousekeeping person who was responsible for our room goes on vacation the day we leave, or is off that day.

I leave a tip everyday. That way if there is a change in personel, they all will benefit. Plus, by tipping daily, you get nice little perks and bonuses.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom