Mousekeeping at Old Key West

YoungNY

I'm staying at Old Key West for the first time in December. I'll be there for 6 nights using a friends DVC points. I've never done DVC before but I understand there is no daily mouse keeping. When do they come and what exactly do they do? Do you still tip them?

Disneyfam0411

I'm staying at Old Key West for the first time in December. I'll be there for 6 nights using a friends DVC points. I've never done DVC before but I understand there is no daily mouse keeping. When do they come and what exactly do they do? Do you still tip them?

First of all, congrats on staying at OKW, it is my FAVORITE home away from home. There is no daily housekeeping, but on arrival they will give you a detail of when mousekeeping is expected to do a full cleaning or towel service. If you ever need anything, mousekeeping is just a phone call away and they are always super super helpful!! We usually leave a tip upon departure. Have a wonderful trip!!!!

Upvote 0

rob0519

This is one of the reasons we've never bought into the DVC or bought rental points. When we're on a vacation as expensive as WDW we have no desire to clean the bathroom and make the beds every day. It works for a lot of people, just not us.

Upvote 0

lostpro9het

Borrowed from David's Vacation Rentals

David's said:
Trash and Towel service is included in all stays of more than four days. If your stay is for less than eight nights, you will receive Trash & Towel service on day four. If your stay is for eight nights or longer, you will receive a full cleaning service on day four, and Trash & Towel service on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day twelve. Day one is check-in day. Daily housekeeping can be arranged and paid for at time of check-in. The following rates are subject to change:
Additional Full Cleaning Rates:
Studio - $30.00 for each day requested
One-Bedroom - $45.00 for each day requested
Two-Bedroom - $60.00 for each day requested
Three-Bedroom - $75.00 for each day requested
Additional Trash & Towel Rates:
Studio - $15.00 for each day requested
One-Bedroom - $20.00 for each day requested
Two-Bedroom - $25.00 for each day requested
Three-Bedroom - $35.00 for each day requested

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
This is one of the reasons we've never bought into the DVC or bought rental points. When we're on a vacation as expensive as WDW we have no desire to clean the bathroom and make the beds every day. It works for a lot of people, just not us.
We don't need to clean the bathroom at all until they come because we are not messy people, and the bed we just pull up the covers quickly and not fully make the bed like they would, and it only takes less than 1 min to do. Our room is never dirty or messy and can hold off until day 4 easily. We have never needed to clean anything in the room ever ourselves. So I personally don't know why that would deter anyone from DVC. I loved having daily Mousekeeping before we joined of course, but it's not necessary if you are not messy. Also you can pay to have them come every day if you want or more often if you want for a fee. Me and DH love DVC and that small thing would not have stopped us from joining. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rob0519

We don't need to clean the bathroom at all until they come because we are not messy people, and the bed we just pull up the covers quickly and not fully make the bed like they would, and it only takes less than 1 min to do. Our room is never dirty or messy and can hold off until day 4 easily. We have never needed to clean anything in the room ever ourselves. So I personally don't know why that would deter anyone from DVC. I loved having daily Mousekeeping before we joined of course, but it's not necessary if you are not messy. Also you can pay to have them come every day if you want or more often if you want for a fee. Me and DH love DVC and that small thing would not have stopped us from joining. :)

I've attended the presentations, taken the tours and run the numbers at least a half dozen times.We have 5 people that take up two rooms when we travel. The financials just don't make sense for us.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

I've attended the presentations, taken the tours and run the numbers at least a half dozen times.We have 5 people that take up two rooms when we travel. The financials just don't make sense for us.

It's not for everybody and that's okay. For us personally that loved Deluxe Resorts and knew we (me and DH) would be going yearly/or every other year at the least it made perfect financial sense. We love 1-2 bedroom villas (DH is a snorer) and having 2 full bathrooms (Kidani is our home resort and fave as it has 2 full bathrooms in the 1 bed villas just like BLT) , and love having a washer/dryer because we go for about 2 weeks each trip. We stayed as regular cash guests booked through Disney several times before we joined, in 1 bed villas at several DVC resorts and the cost alone for those 3 trips could have almost paid in full what 220 points cost us at AKV to buy in Direct! So with the rising costs every year to stay at our fave spots it made sense to buy in and then only have to pay our annual dues yearly many years into the future. Yes we are aware the dues rise every year and factored that in, and the interest we
Have paid with financing (but hope to pay off early) we also factored in and it will still save us from spending such a huge chunk for every trip just on the rooms alone. We were not interested in renting points so we bought in and have loved the decision we made
Ever since. :)

Upvote 0

YoungNY

Original Poster

I don't think you'd need two rooms if you had DVC though. I don't know how your numbers worked out or what you usually do. But I'm staying in a one bedroom villa that sleeps 5 adults. I thought that was one of huge advantages of DVC, that larger families could stay together in one room.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

I don't think you'd need two rooms if you had DVC though. I don't know how your numbers worked out or what you usually do. But I'm staying in a one bedroom villa that sleeps 5 adults. I thought that was one of huge advantages of DVC, that larger families could stay together in one room.
Agree and thought that was odd because even some studios now sleep 5! I wouldn't do 5 in a studio but you can in some as well as lots of the 1 bedrooms sleep 5 and 2 of the 1bedrooms have 2 full size bathrooms at BLT and Kidani. Also they have the 2 bedrooms that sleep 7-9.
So I get if financially it did not make sense for them, but don't get the having to get 2 rooms! That is the whole point of DVC and why even non members often stay in DVC accomadations because they have 5+ people needing 1 room. Lol. If their concern was having 2 bathrooms like I also mentioned already BLT/KIDANI have 2 full bathrooms in the 1 bedrooms that sleep 5. Also then you have the 2 bedrooms with 2 or 3 full bathrooms in all of the 2 bedrooms.
Oh well not trying to change their mind by any means, but did think that statement was odd so I'm glad you said something as well. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Oh never responded to the tipping comment..yes I still tip them unless they don't show up on the days they are supposed to!! lol I have been having some problems with that the last stay but normally would tip them just like of we stayed a cash stay. Also usually we lately have added a few cash stay days to our points stay and then proceed to tip every day because for the cash part they come every day like normal. Usually like $2-$5. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom