Mousekeeping at BLT

dizzney

Original Poster
Just got back from a wonderful 10 day trip - though it was cold we still had a blast. Never wore glvoes in WDW before.

Anyway stayed in BLT for 4 nights room 7922 (from the 5th thru the 9th) - one bedroom with a MK view. Loved the building , the room, the view and the fireworks. Our ONLY complaint is that Mousekeeping was no where near as good as in the other DVC resorts.

Found the room to need a good dusting, there were no special touches (I can deal wtih that that) but there were only 6 pillows to a one bedroom taht has a twin pullout and a couch pullout. When I called Mousekeeping, a somewhat curt woman said but you have 6 pillos, why do you need more? I said that the accomodations were for 5, she told me I had a queen and pullout as I was a studio, I said check again, I had a one bedroom witha king and people liked more than one pillow. SHe then "Grudgingly sent" two up.

We ran out of toilet paper on day two; the kitchen was already missing items which they had not replaced and found the housekeepers in the hallways not as friendly as those at the Boardwalk we just from.

I commented when I checked out, and while I normally let things roll, we have stayed at so many DVC resorts - BWV (home resort like BLT) OKW, BC, Saratoga, VB and HH and never had this issue before. At BWV, they went overboard, we went from a one bedroom to w two bedroom on day two, and she couldnt have been nicer getting the studio cleaned and ready for us by 10:30 am, they smiled nad spoke with you in the halls, it was just a different atmosphere. Are the BLT ones new?

This wont stop us from returning, in fact we are in August, just disappointed in that one area this trip.

Has anyone else run into this with BLT? Are the mousekeepers new?

El Guapo

We had no problems at BLT

We were in a 1 bedroom over xmas, for 6 days. We were generally happy with mousekeeping, aside from 1 day where we made a request in the morning and it had not been completed by night. We called again and they came fairly quickly.

No special touches, but otherwise it was very clean and no problem with supplies.

MissM

I stayed in a 1 bedroom in September 2009 and there were spider webs and dead bugs all over my balcony. Clearly, it hadn't ever been cleaned. It was hard to find someone to come and help with the balcony as well. I had a frustrating time in general getting the front desk Contemporary to help with BLT issues. Seemed like they either didn't want to bother or were unsure how to provide assistance.

I think BLT really needs it's own front desk but... *shrugs* IMO it would solve a lot of little service issues at BLT.

DVC Mike

I've stayed at BLT twice thus far, and did not experience any service issues. The staff was friendly and helpful.

dizzney

Original Poster
I am hoping we were simply an isolated issue, we're going bavck in August, maybe by then they will get their own desk at BLT and that will resolve. I was just surprised, and moving from the Boardwalk over it was such a contrast!

But the accomodations are beautiful, would like a lock on those bathroom sliders but otherwise think its a great addtion to the DVC

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom