Mouse Planet update

Simba One

Original Poster
I read the Mouse Planet update today and thought it sounded familiar. Why? Because everything that they wrote about had already been a thread on WDWMAGIC! The section entitled "Ears to the Ground" should be called "Eyes on WDWMAGIC." ;)

peter11435

That is not unusual. I have noticed that nearly everything in the Mouseplanet WDW update every week comes directly from this site.

Bagheera

Um, no. While I do read the forums here occasionally, I do have several other sources. If they feed me the same thing that people are posting here, that's not something I can control. Do I use posts from certain people on these forums as corroboration? Sometimes. Do I just come here to get my information? Hardly. Thanks for playing.

Edit: On those rare occasions when my only source for something is another web site, such as WDWMagic, I will normally note that in the story. For example, that will happen in the story in this coming Monday's update on the Inferno barge explosion, as I have not received credible information from my other usual sources.

mickey04

I agree, while a lot of the information is the same, to say it comes from here isn't necessarily fair. Only so much happens in one week in one place, and a lot of information will obviously be the same. However, I always see some things on the updates that I hadn't heard before, and have also seen the information pop up here right after the update (usually siting Mouseplanet).

Anyway, just my two cents.

Madison

Bagheera said:
Um, no. While I do read the forums here occasionally, I do have several other sources. If they feed me the same thing that people are posting here, that's not something I can control. Do I use posts from certain people on these forums as corroboration? Sometimes. Do I just come here to get my information? Hardly. Thanks for playing.

Yikes. Bitter much?

CAPTAIN HOOK

Most of the info coming out of WDW is through the CMs - many of these folk will read and contribute to different "unofficial" sites which would explain why they carry a lot of the same news and views

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Madison said:
Yikes. Bitter much?
I'd say not really. I think he's just trying to clear things up. :wave:

I'd venture to say that every Disney website has at least one registered active member on these boards. (Stop and think about it you probably already know at least one or two.)

Madison said:
Yikes. Bitter much?
You can always rely on someone to slip in a pointless, snotty comment as opposed to actually dealing with the content of the thread. :hammer:

Clearly Bagheera feels that previous posts imply he sponges off this forum and he is reacting to it. I don't blame him. There must be hundreds of Disney news sites and they ALL have basically the same information on them. How you can say that one in particular is getting its info from another is beyond me.

Maybe Steve could start a "Useless Gossip" forum to take care of these kinds of threads. They certainly have nothing to do with WDW or WDC.

Craig

Pioneer Hall

I don't really think that the news comes from this site. Like it was said credit is given where credit is due. On more occasions I see people take things from their updates and use them here without giving them the proper credit.

ogryn

I think of Mouse Planet as one of the more reputable Disney sites on the net. I'm sure they wouldn't risk that reputation by sponging news stories from forums.

Madison

DisneyFans! said:
You can always rely on someone to slip in a pointless, snotty comment as opposed to actually dealing with the content of the thread. :hammer:

I always try to do my part. :p

Clearly Bagheera feels that previous posts imply he sponges off this forum and he is reacting to it. I don't blame him. There must be hundreds of Disney news sites and they ALL have basically the same information on them. How you can say that one in particular is getting its info from another is beyond me.

Obviously, there's no plausible way of determining where or how Mouseplanet gets the information for its weekly updates -- nor does it matter, in my opinion. What's useful about Mouseplanet is that it provides such information in an easy to digest format that saves people from scouring the hundreds of Disney-related sites that probably also have the same information.

I'd be stunned if Mouseplanet and its staff didn't realize that the same information they provide is available from dozens of different sources, so I'm comparably surprised to see their reaction here. If Bagheera had some inextinguishable desire to comment about the notion that they take all of their information from this site, surely there was a more diplomatic, less dismissive manner by which such comment could have been made.

My comment was borne not out of the belief that MousePlanet does plagiarize, but that an adult and professional, presumably, would take so seriously and react so diminutively to an innocent, if not tongue-in-cheek observation.

So, again, yikes. It's just a website and it's just a hobby. Y'all need to chill out. :)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
ogryn said:
I think of Mouse Planet as one of the more reputable Disney sites on the net. I'm sure they wouldn't risk that reputation by sponging news stories from forums.
I agree with you 100%. :wave:
MousePlanet is one a about three sites that I check regularly for updates!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom