Mother Daughter vacation suggestions...

alee4eva

I'm taking my mom this Christmas for the first time since I was very little. Does anyone have any suggestions of things we can do together and/or things I can show her to make this trip extra special? Being that I'm graduating and going away to college, I want to have an amazing trip. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
When my dad and i went (may 20-25 2002) one of the coolest things was eating at Chef Mickey's..granted it was my sweet 16 and everything but it was SOOOOOOOO magical...

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

I think my mom would enjoy taking the time to really see the Christmas decorations. There is so much detail to them--they are truly special.

This is especially true for the resort decorations that are themed to the resort. You might never think that antlers and bird nests are pretty until you see them incorporated into the WL decor. The Polynesian has a tropical twist, Grand Floridian is ornate Victorian with an awesome gingerbread house, etc.

Don't know about your mom, but mine is a Shopper. You know that your options are overwhelming for this activity.

This is, of course, in addition to the "biggies"--Candelight Processional, parades, Fantasmic, Osborne lights, etc.

Upvote 0

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
i was there dec 27-jan 4 2000-2001.....yellow shoes is right the decorations are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo beautiful!

Upvote 0

alee4eva

Original Poster
Hmm Chef mickeys, I forgot all about that place! I haven't eaten there since I was like 7 with my Dad and I know my mom has never been there.

Also, the resort decorations.. I never thought of that! thats really different and special. I bet I can make some kind of game of it, every night visit a different resort to see the decor.

Is there any other special restaurant, or holiday themed attraction I may not know about. I havent gone in Christmas since '96...

Upvote 0

alee4eva

Original Poster
Thanks Holly!

Vernonpush, what's the afternoon tea like??

And I was thinking about doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour and the fireworks cruise... do u guys think those are good ideas??

Thanks!
Alee

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

The tour and cruise are great ideas!!

Some of those tours require a LOT of walking--just make sure Mom is up to it.

I have heard that the Epcot behind the scenes is good also. (My mom is very into plants and gardening).

They talk about how the plants were selected (for example, plants native to Japan cannot tolerate the heat & humidity of Florida, so they had to go to Plan B), and how they add to the atmosphere of the attraction (the bushes at The Living Seas are trimmed in wavey curves to evoke ocean waves).

I also think the tea party is a great idea.

Upvote 0

alee4eva

Original Poster
OHh i havent taken the epcot tour yet. Something new for me would be nice too. It sounds interesting and beautiful. I'm not worried about the walking for my mom... she, like me, is a competative ballroom dancer. We're both pretty fitness obsessed. At 49 she also runs half marathons to keep in shape, so the walking is definitely not an issue. What's the tea party like? Is it character dining? Is it a meal???

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

A few suggestions (but I think most have been said already) :-

Take in at least one character meal (breakfast at Crystal Palace)
Do the shops (especially DownTown Disney)
Catch all the parades
Ensure you do Fantasmic
See the Christmas decorations
Have a good time !!!

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

oh
oh
oh

I thought of something else.

Next trip I am going to get my hair cut at the barber shop. They sprinkle pixie dust in your hair.

Not an activity for everyone, but could be fun.

Upvote 0

Maria

My mom was delighted with the plants and decorations at the resorts during Christmas time! She loved the pink poinsettias at the Italian Pavillion and the Christmas trees made with them at the Boardwalk. If she hasn´t been there for Christmas time, WHATEVER you do will be awesome! Have fun! :)

Upvote 0

alee4eva

Original Poster
That menu for the tea looks really cute! My mom will love that! Finally a place in Disney to get a "light" meal! And how much does it cost to get ur hair cut on Main street?

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
The Daughter and I spent an evening at PI (along with Ariel.) We spent most of our time at the Adventurer's Club, with a stop at the Comedy Warehouse. We had a great time...although she thinks I should probably avoid the Kongaloosh next trip! ;)

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Originally posted by alee4eva
I'm taking my mom this Christmas for the first time since I was very little. Does anyone have any suggestions of things we can do together and/or things I can show her to make this trip extra special? Being that I'm graduating and going away to college, I want to have an amazing trip. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Have you ever thought about hiring a professional planner? That way you are assured that your trip will be special.

Pam

Upvote 0

alee4eva

Original Poster
Too much money for a professional planner that we could spend in the parks, but thanks anyway.

The Mom, is the adventurers club still non-smoking. We can't handle the smoke in most clubs, especially since New York is really cracking down on the smoking laws we've become spoiled.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by alee4eva
Too much money for a professional planner that we could spend in the parks, but thanks anyway.

The Mom, is the adventurers club still non-smoking. We can't handle the smoke in most clubs, especially since New York is really cracking down on the smoking laws we've become spoiled.

No one in our party smokes, and I didn't notice any smoke or guests smoking, so I'm going to guess that it is non-smoking.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom