Moteurs Action

tenchu

Original Poster
I just saw a program about this show at DLP and i was wondering if anyone has any specifications for that red opel they use in it?

Henning

Hi!

While the black cars being used at moteurs action are "Opel Corsa", the red car (that can be driven backwards really fast) isn´t a "normal" Opel. It might be based on the "Opel Sportster" or the "Opel Tigra" though, but it isn´t sold that way by Opel (not even in a forward driving version :lol: ).

Hope I could help you!

Greetings from Germany (I live 10 miles away from Opel HQ),

-Henning

tenchu

Original Poster
Originally posted by Henning
Hi!

While the black cars being used at moteurs action are "Opel Corsa", the red car (that can be driven backwards really fast) isn´t a "normal" Opel. It might be based on the "Opel Sportster" or the "Opel Tigra" though, but it isn´t sold that way by Opel (not even in a forward driving version :lol: ).

Hope I could help you!

Greetings from Germany (I live 10 miles away from Opel HQ),

-Henning

Hi

The program i saw explained that the car was specially built for the show by opel, but i was wondering if anyone knew any more about it.

I figured that it might have a couple of reverse gears to enable to to go backwards so fast?

Any ideas?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I don't know a lot about specifics, but I do know the engine is in the back, and is considerably larger than a regular corsa engine. The cars have roll-cages, racing seats, centre point harnesses, and a heck of a lot of pyro/show control switches on the dash.

Henning

There are obviously more than one versions of the red car. At least one of these versions is built to be driven backwards, i.e. the driver´s seat is facing backwards and probably the whole gear box is turned around!

I only have my knowledge from watching the show....so if there are any insiders, they´ll probably know more about it!?!

-Henning

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom