Motel off I-95 in South Carolina

Dream Theater

Original Poster
If this should be in another place, please move it. I was not sure exactly where to post it.

That said, We are looking for a nice motel to stay at overnight in S. Carolina on our drive down to WDW. We usually stop between exit 164 (Florence) and Exit 98 (Santee). We usually stay at a motel in Santee, however our last stay was pretty bad. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trip Advisor, etc. are really not of any help as most reviews vary alot. I trust people here more anyway.

Thanks in advance!:)

shurst

we usually stay at the econo lodge walterboro. its at exit 53. its not a 5-star hotel or anything, but its not too bad.

MattyFresh

but hot coals don't have Pedro. Wish I could help you, but we always drive straight down......since we don't have as long of a trip as you do from Jersey.

jeremy_angie

Dream I amfrom far Southwest Virginia but i like to saty at Days Inn in Hardeeville, S.C. Cost like $40 -$50 a night and puts you about 5 miles (I think) from GA. I hope this helps!!!! By the way is your name from the band Dream Theater? If so man what a band those guys are awsome!!!! Berkley grads too!!!!! If you know what Berkley is. :wave:

Dream Theater

Original Poster
Dream I amfrom far Southwest Virginia but i like to saty at Days Inn in Hardeeville, S.C. Cost like $40 -$50 a night and puts you about 5 miles (I think) from GA. I hope this helps!!!! By the way is your name from the band Dream Theater? If so man what a band those guys are awsome!!!! Berkley grads too!!!!! If you know what Berkley is. :wave:
Yep, thats the band. Awesome talents. Got ya on Berkley:wave:

Thanks for the info. I would love to make it that far south. But this will be the first time travelling with our 17 monnth old twin boys & dog, so they will kind of dictate how far south I make it.:lol:

Elonwy

I know this isn't just off I-95 but what about the Disney resort on Hilton Head Island?

I've stayed there and it's beautiful. My room was like a rustic cottage on the inside. It was so warm and comfortable and it's in a beautiful area on the water with boat launches and hammocks and boardwalks.

Might not be what you're looking for as a "stop-over" hotel but it's really fantastic

WDWRLD

Theres a Hampton Inn at Walterboro and is very good and clean. Its located within sight of the exit. This is where we stay if we do a overnighter. I usually get up really early and drive straight there. From Va we usually arrive around 3 in the afternoon just as the room is ready.

WDWRLD

I know this isn't just off I-95 but what about the Disney resort on Hilton Head Island?

I've stayed there and it's beautiful. My room was like a rustic cottage on the inside. It was so warm and comfortable and it's in a beautiful area on the water with boat launches and hammocks and boardwalks.

Might not be what you're looking for as a "stop-over" hotel but it's really fantastic

HH island is really a good ways from I-95. Not bad if you are sight seeing but just to stop and sleep its too far for me.

Mikenyj

We drive usually a few times a year, and we ALWAYS stay at the Holiday Inn Express @ exit 170 just before Florence, SC...........nice, McDOnalds and Wendys right next store, and that is it. Only a couple of years old....we just went down in early April, and my brother wanted to save some money after he found out it was about $100 for a room, so he got back on 95, went to the next exit, I will say he was driving my Escalade, and it was about 12:30am, and there were some "characters" saying a whole lot of crap as he was walking to his $40 per night hotel room, not looking like a good situation, he got back in the car, got his $40 back, and came back to the Holiday Inn.........I highly recommend!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom