Most Underrated

rufio

Original Poster
What, in your opinion, is the most underrated Disney movie?

Here's mine!

atlantis.jpg

Tomorrowsphere

I just watched the Black Cauldron last night, I remember seeing in in the movie theater, it is one of those films that is odd but grows on you ( or at least on me) Some of the animation is great and some of it is sloppy. Poor Princess Eilonwy...she never had a chance to make it into the big princesses league.

ParentsOf4

Swiss Family Robinson (1960) - "What, you mean that stupid walkthrough is based on a movie?"

The Jungle Book (1967) - Perhaps the best Disney soundtrack between Mary Poppins (1964) and The Little Mermaid (1989).

Both movies were major financial successes and received positive reviews but are pretty much forgotten today.

AndyS2992

Swiss Family Robinson (1960) - "What, you mean that stupid walkthrough is based on a movie?"

The Jungle Book (1967) - Perhaps the best Disney soundtrack between Mary Poppins (1964) and The Little Mermaid (1989).

Both movies were major financial successes and received positive reviews but are pretty much forgotten today.

Jungle Book forgotten? You must be crazy :p It is one of the most popular and talked about in the UK PLUS it is getting a Diamond Edition DVD and Blu ray release this August :)

jw24

Well, considering my avatar, I would say HOND. Granted, it derived from the book and the gargoyles I could do without but there are a lot of individual elements that make the film stand out. The score, the characters, the animation, etc. But it's a gaining a better rep these days. I do agree that Atlantis is underrated. If I could add to the list, I would add Robin Hood, Hercules, Tarzan and probably The Rescuers, too.

stevehousse

One of my favorite Disney movies that isn't animated by them is Wish Upon a Star!

So embarrassing right! LOL this was one of me and my sisters favorites that was a disney channel movie and was on all the time!

For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about the film stars Katherine Heigl and Danielle Harris as sisters and play out the whole parent trap type debacle. They switch places and yada yada...

Most underrated animated film is the Rescuers! One of my favorite Disney movies! I always thought it would make for an interesting ride! I love the villian Medusa!

Magenta Panther

Treasure Planet

Watched it for the first time last night and thought it was really good. Have never heard anyone ever talk about it :/

I agree! Treasure Planet is my choice for most underrated Disney flick. It looks beautiful, has some stellar characters, like the cyborg Long John Silver (a wonderfully designed character with a terrific voice by Brian Murray) Dr. Doppler, voiced by the wonderful David Hyde Pierce, and Captain Amelia, brilliantly voiced by Emma Thompson, and a very solid script. It's a real shame the movie failed. I blame the robot. :p

AllyInWonderland

The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (yeah I know toad has a ride)

The Emperor's New Groove

The Three Caballeros (the movie being underrated. Not the characters since they have a ride)

Animaniac93-98

Rescuers Down Under. That was a part of the Renaissance too, yet no one remembers it. It's a shame too, it has gorgeous animation.

Because it didn't make as much money as the others and Disney dropped it pretty qucickly. Katzenberg pulled all advertising for it after its first week of release.

DuckTales: The Movie was also released the same year and that's no "renaissance" movie either. It's a BS marketing term used to discribe four and only four* movies. Never mind the fact that Roger Rabbit made more money than either BatB or TLM.

*a fact ignored by online fans who change the number whenever they feel it is most convenient.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom