Most romantic of the moderate resorts?

luna99

I'm in the process of buttering up my finace into taking a trip to WDW next April/May.... so of course I'm already dreaming of everything and planning on what hotel we want to stay in. (He hasn't even said we could go for sure yet! :brick: :p )....

so I'm wondering which of the moderate hotels are the most romantic?
My finace doesn't understand the concept of a nice hotel. To him, a hotel is just a place to sleep and shower.. and while I do understand that and appreciate his thriftiness.... every so often a girl wants to feel pampered.. and what better place to do it than disney?

I'm thinking the Port Orleans French Quarter might be the way to go... Can you fish there? I thought I remembered seeing a picture in a brochure of a little kid fishing off a small bridge there. My b/f loves fishing.. and any sort of boat rides/carriage rides would be great! thanks!

Lindserelli

port orleans french quarter is deff an option. I think it's a very cute place with lots of areas to stroll around through. It was very memorable and I think that it would be a nice place for the two of you to stay!!

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

Great choice. I think Port Orleans is the most romantic moderate resort. You can take a carriage ride through the resort property or a boat ride. My honey and I are actually leaving the 29th of this month and are staying Port Orleans Riverside (hopefully in the Magnolia Bend area, we put in a request). Hope you have a magically romantic trip!:D

Upvote 0

pinkrose

My vote is for Port Orleans French Quarter. If you would like to go fishing, you can either take the boat or walk up the path to Riverside. My kids had a nice time fishing there once.

Upvote 0

CBOMB

I agree POFQ would be my choice. Beautiful gardens, and fountains. A boat trip to DD or a leisurely walk along the river or a carridge ride. Besides that, it's just an all around great resort.

Upvote 0

justducky78

The only moderate I've stayed at has been the Caribbean Beach - and we loved it! That was 10 years ago, though. But with the beaches, palm trees and hammocks it feels tropical and romantic. You can rent water mice out on the lake and take nice walks around the grounds.

We only walked the grounds of Port Orleans / Riverside / French Quarter (whatever it's called now!) and it just didn't appeal to us. It seemed kind of depressing - not sure why! I guess I missed the beachy feel.

If you've had the opportunity to tour them before, it should be easy for you - if not, then go with your gut. The carriage rides do sound like fun and you can get to/from Downtown Disney by boat.

Upvote 0

lazidazi07

my bf and i are trying out pofq in may. maybe we'll see you there! : ) i hope it is as lovely as everyone makes it sound. we were deciding between carribean beach and pofq, i hope we made the right choice!

Upvote 0

summergirl32

I have stayed at all of the moderates except French Quarter. Of the ones I have stayed, I think Riverside is the most romantic particularly in Magnolia Bend. The landscaping is beautiful and it is so quiet.

Upvote 0

luna99

Original Poster
sounds like POFQ is hands down the popular favorite. I'll definitely keep that in mind...

and I hope I see you lazidazi, that would mean I talked my b/f into going!

thanks everyone for the input! :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom