Votes: 22 16.5%
  • Carousel of Progress

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other, Specify Por Favor

Votes: 9 6.8%

• Total voters

speck76

melbatoast said:
I said It's a Small World, for the simple reason that its always been a family thing for me. I've gone with my parents, grandparents, and a younger sister, and it was the one thing we could always agree on. I remember the first time my sister rode it when she was two and it was the first thing we did in Magic Kingdom. She was just in awe. There was so much to see and it actually meant something. I actually watched the home video of it the other day and my sister's eyes are like saucers, and that really just sums it up for me. Its a family thing and it always will be.
download the most recent DisneyLAND podcast...it is all about it's a small world...you may enjoy it

col

for me its COP. i just love that ride. its either COP or the TTA that i go on first when im in MK.

to me COP is a classic and should stay in MK and not be replaced by another ride however i will say that it does need a good refurb meaning a few screws tightening on the AA and a good lick of paint. the COP reminds me of happy days (the tv show) and of how things should be.:)

KrazyKemp

I don't know why, but everytime I ride Spaceship Earth I get this weird feeling in my stomach, like "wow...we've come such a long way..."

I know, corny huh?

speck76

KrazyKemp said:
I don't know why, but everytime I ride Spaceship Earth I get this weird feeling in my stomach, like "wow...we've come such a long way..."

I know, corny huh?
maybe you have a thing for Jeremy Irons :D

ilovepluto23

Spaceship Earth is just so timeless. I love that ride. I go on it SEVERAL times when I visit Epcot. I really don't know what it is about that ride...it's just so awesome :)

Panthy

I'm an animal person, I like to focus sometimes on the things that can't speak for themselves or glorify their own amazing accomplishments. Personally I'm partial to Kilimanjaro Safaris!

This was a great thread. It was pretty much a very hard decision for me between the American Adventure, Spaceship Earth, and Carousel of Progress. Every time I see the American Adventure I am in complete awe of what our country has accomplished...same with Carousel of Progress. Spaceship Earth deeply demonstrates the dawn of life on Earth. However, I voted for Carousel of Progress when I should have voted for American Adventure.

"America, spread your golden wings across the sky..."

C&D

I picked CoP because of my history with this attraction. I was thirteen when I first saw this ride at the New York Worlds Fair. 1964 seems a long time ago for me but I remember certain things like they were yesterday and this is one of them.

A close second is the American Adventure; this because of the awe I have of the presentation of this event. I call this attraction an event because of the fluid like presentation of the story, the movie, the AA and the music that is just so inspiring that it brings chills everytime I see it.

epcotfreak1224

I chose SSE. It was the first ride I ever rode in Epcot that i can remember. Even though I never rode the original version or just can't remeber, i find the backward descent so inspiring. Besides the music is pretty cool.

Uponastar

Tough one, but I'm going to go with the American Adventure.
I love the feeling of pride I always have on my way out after the show.
Some may feel it's a way too "Disneyfied" version of American history, but in my opinion it is beautifully done and always a thrill.

Pirates of the Caribbean. I think the lyrics speak for themselves:

"We pillage and plunder and rifle and loot, drink up me hearties yo ho!"

:animwink:

Enderikari

longsaber said:
Walt ordered that it is never to be removed and it was his favorite attraction.:sohappy:

Ummm... both of those statements are wrong... Carousel of Progress is not protected by Walt, that is a popular piece of internet tripe.. Furthermore, he had a lot of favorite attractions, who told you Carousel of Progress was his favorite? Because Fantasyland was his favorite land, the Railroad was his favorite place to spend time, his opinions mostly influenced the Jungle Cruise, the tiki room most showed his innovation.... Where is the Carousel of Progress besides a relic out of the '64'65 World's Fair?

For me, #1 is definitely It's A Small World. For so many reasons. I makes me feel so happy.

Spaceship Earth is a close #2. I get butterflies in my stomach when I ride it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom