Most magical extra something you've had at wdw?

JIMINYCR

he surprised us with a bunch of the fast passes they give to the cm's that have a date they expire (several days away from the date he gave them to us) and no specific time. Talk about feeling like we'd died and gone to disney heaven!!! We took 2 pics, one next to a pack of cigarettes that we borrowed from some guy at the tambu lounge to have a frame of reference. We still call that our best day ever lol. We rode thunder mountain 35 times in one day and that was with time left to do everything else we wanted that day plus take a break at the lounge at the poly mid day. The cm's said someone riding 30 times in one day was the most they knew of so I tell my granddaughter I'm the only grandmother to ride it 35 times in one day.

So what are some of your most memorable extra magical touches that have happened on your trips?

WOW.. I can't top that. That's like finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Looking at that pile of FP's... I'm bewildered. Great magical happening story.;)

YoungNY

Got chosen to do the Wild Africa Trek for free. Just had to sign to let Disney use our pictures for promotional purposes. It was amazing and out of the thousands of people in that park that day, he picked us!!

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
WOW.. I can't top that. That's like finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Looking at that pile of FP's... I'm bewildered. Great magical happening story.;)

The funny thing was the cm that gave them to us was the one directing us to the train for thunder right after park opening and he noticed my sister's birthday button, our tiaras, the lei's we were wearing from the poly and my sister and my matching t-shirts (acting like idiots like we usually do). the shirts had a pic of us on tea cups from our 2nd trip in 1976 that my step-mom took and then she'd retaken the same pic in may 2011. the new pic was on the front the old one on the back and he says...wow that's soooo long ago i wasn't even alive back then. so i jokingly told him it wasn't very magical for him to try to make a grandma cry at wdw for calling her old. and we rode a few more times joking with him when at some point asked if this was our favorite ride or something and we said yes, that we'd been riding it since the first month it opened and as we exited the ride he just handed us the stack and said well to keep a grandma from crying he should make sure she can ride her favorite ride all day...so i put my lei around his neck and told him thank you and that he could tell all his friends he'd been "lei'd at work by a grandma". then multiple times he'd "officially" look at the fp's he'd giving us as we entered then hand them right back. the other cm's started asking what number ride was this one and started keeping count. in the words of phineas and ferb it was our best day ever!!!

EvilQueen-T

Original Poster
Got chosen to do the Wild Africa Trek for free. Just had to sign to let Disney use our pictures for promotional purposes. It was amazing and out of the thousands of people in that park that day, he picked us!!

aaahhhh...then that's just validation that you're pretty enough for promotional uses! now you can tell your friends you were a disney model! mirror mirror on the wall...that makes you the fairest of them all!

Tom

Beta Return
In 2008 at MK my daughter (who had just graduated from HS and it was her bday) was waiting on us sitting on a bench alone at closing time, a CM that was clearing the park walked up to her and "pixie dusted" her!! It was a special moment just for her! Still brings tears to her eyes!

Is that the Disney version of "crop dusting"? :p

PhilharMagician

Sounds like you've had some wonderful experiences too! Sorry you're not getting back soon...(sad) so I won't tell you I'm going back in 10 days for our longest trip at one time of 10 days.

Thank you. We have been lucky, but have spent a lot of days in the parks @ WDW.

Have fun!. I am not worried about not getting back. It will just add to the excitement when we do get there.

PhilharMagician

How in the heck did all of these things happen to your daughter? I mean, that's pretty cool, but it's also like winning the lottery or being struck by lightening twice!

How long ago were some of these things? I've never heard of CM's stopping random guests as they enter the park to see if they want a private MnG. Again, pretty cool if they really do that, but in 25 years I've been oblivious to it.

I will have to find the pics when I get home since I have very few on my work laptop. Yeah it shocked us. We had just come through the turnstiles and were approached by a CM with a clipboard. I have never heard of this happening either, but I will not complain. I assume that they probably had other families scheduled all morning and that we were not the only ones. This happened in the last week of November in 2006.

Most of the these happened from 2003 to 2006. After 2006 I do not think we had any of those special magical moments. I am not sure if TDO cut way back on guest perks, our luck ran out or since my daughter was getting older we weren't the ideal family that they were looking for. Heck, when the year of a million dreams was going on we probably spent 40+ days in the parks and only once did we get picked for anything when we happened to walk into One Man's Dream and walked right into the Dream Team and got the fastpasses.

For the Jingle Jungle parade we were all wearing matching MVMCP tee shirts and we caught the eye of a suit (executive) whilke we were walking into Dinoland early just after rope drop. He asked us if we wanted to be in the parade and it was all history from there.

kasey1988

When we visited in September we had our just engaged buttons on, we received champagne and a special signed by all the servers/chefs at LeCEllar.. Special dessert at boma! And at DHS we saw that there was no fp left for TSM a cast,ember must of heard me say that I guess we wouldn't get to ride it this trip (it also had a 90mim wait) and she passed us fastpasses, said congrats and I bet you'll know what to do with them :) we also had a card I'm our room with a photo pass discount code from mickey!

Disvillain63

We've had many magical moments:
*room upgrades and one resort upgrade (arrived early and put us in a mod at the value rate which we were paying)
*mysterious package from CRO castmember during one marathon weekend (Beanie Babies...Genie & Sorcerer Mickey)
*a captain's hat (DD's 18th Birthday) and the whole ship singing 'Happy Birthday' to her (Fort Wilderness to the Magic Kingdom)
*DD chosen to dance with Chris Moose at the Christmas Show in Toontown
*DS chosen to participate with the players and then again with Father Christmas (2 different visits) in the UK
*DD chosen to 'help' bake in the new convection oven (she was about 5); all the chocolate chip cookies she wanted
*Belle taking our DD by the hand and walking with her from City Hall to the entrance plaza to have pictures taken in front of the flower Mickey
*Captain Hook and Mr. Smee sword fighting with DS
*Goofy and Pluto sitting down with us a breakfast and encouraging our excited 3-year old DS to eat his breakfast
*Mad Hatter and Minnie joining us for breakfast at 1900 PF and thoroughly entertaining my in-laws and bringing magic to them...it was like seeing them at 5 years old...giddy and red-faced too.

We've had many others, such as treats at the bakeries/confectioneries on birthdays/anniversaries, photos taken by castmembers just because we were there celebrating, special character greetings, etc...1990 thru present day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom