Most Magical Experiences

Coozi

Original Poster
Its not just Disney's world class attractions, attention to detail, and incredible theming that keeps us coming back, but also, the royal treatment we receive from Disney's fantastic cast members. The culmination of these elements can often result in true magical experiences. My top 5 experiences at Walt Disney World are as follows:

1. Valentine's Day 2015 Magic Kingdom opened at 9am, and believe extra magic hours extended until 2am. I arrived at 7:30am with my girlfriend, and was ahead of the entire crowd that soon formed. After spending an hour talking to a very fun and friendly cast member, he gave my girlfriend the key to the Magic Kingdom and announced her an honorary citizen of Walt Disney World! Everyone cheered and applauded, it was so magical! We didn't leave the park until 2:30!

2. Pandora World of Avatar-opening weekend! I visited Pandora the 3rd day after opening with my parents and sister. Once again, we arrived extremely early and led the pack into the park! We ended up getting to ride both new attractions a grand total of 4 times that day, and visit the rest of the park in its entirety(excluding Rafiki's planet watch). Seeing Pandora at night for the first time was breathtaking

3. A couple of years ago, at Hollywood Studios there was just a few minutes till close. My girlfriend at the time and I, made a mad dash across the park to Toy Story Midway Mania to ride it one last time. We arrived just moments after they closed the door, not allowing any more guests. After talking to a friendly cast member, he reopened the door and let us ride! The wait time was almost an hour, but it was well worth it as everything else in the park was closed and it extended our experience into the night!!

4. I went to WDW for my High School Senior trip from New Jersey, in 2011. One day during this trip, at the Magic Kingdom, my friends and I rode Big Thunder Mountain just as the fireworks were going off. It was breathtaking seeing the fire works up close, while riding the mountain. It was even more spectacular being we didn't plan this. I'll always remember that moment!

5. Eating in the Be Our Guest Restaurant for the first time was magical. Between the food, ambienance, and service, I truly felt like royalty. Hope to eat there with return visits in the future.

What are some of your magical memories at Walt Disney World?

lpet11984

Happened to be in Epcot for our 5th anniversary, eating at Tokyo Dining. We wore buttons, but didn't go out our way at all to tell anyone about it being our anniversary. However, our waitress surprised us with origami rings, a card, and a specially decorated dessert. Definitely taken aback by the thoughtful gesture- one of our first instances of unexpected pixie dust.

Attachments

• IMG_1904.JPG
    IMG_1904.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 50

Coozi

Original Poster
Happened to be in Epcot for our 5th anniversary, eating at Tokyo Dining. We wore buttons, but didn't go out our way at all to tell anyone about it being our anniversary. However, our waitress surprised us with origami rings, a card, and a specially decorated dessert. Definitely taken aback by the thoughtful gesture- one of our first instances of unexpected pixie dust.
Wow, that's an awesome story! They really know how to make you feel special.

Smiley/OCD

This didn't involve a CM, but it was a great, magical experience...We (the 8 of us) were there in March 2016...we had EMH, and everyone except my 15 yo DD & I were wiped out, so she and I went to the MK for the evening. We were able to get a table at Casey's and ate a dog waiting for Wishes to start. About 15 minutes before the start, a young couple with a 5 yo girl sat next to us.
We started talking, and they said they were from Maryland, drove down, and had JUST arrived a few hours ago. It was their first trip. The girl was excited about the show, and we explained that Tinkerbell will "fly" from atop the castle and watch VERY closely.
The show started, and yes, she saw Tinkerbell fly...we looked over, and there was a tear of joy running down the girls cheek. My daughter & I saw it, so we too, started shedding tears too...(I'm a 52 year old father of 2). THAT was our magical experience, and made the rest of the trip for us!! Forget the fact that my DW & I along with the other family we were with had sinus problems from the flight down...forget the fact that our favorite ride, Soarin' was closed for the lengthy refurb...THAT 30 second incident made my DD and my WHOLE trip. That is something that will NEVER happen at Six Flags or Uni for that matter...that ONLY happens at Disney.
Just imagine what a great time everyone could have if they would take their eyes off their smartphones and just quit bellyaching...Disney IS the happiest place on earth...you just have to allow it to happen!

Roknrollrghostr

I have this thing I do every trip, I take short notes of all the magical experiences that make me happy each trip and I write them down on the little note pads from the hotel rooms. Then I look back at them whenever I need a pick me up or just miss Disney. I have a LOT of notes! I have a few favorites:

1. At TOT, a very in character bellhop saw my birthday button and sang Happy Birthday to me in a very spooky, unnerving voice. Then later on he saw me and made sure I knew he remembered me in that spooky voice again. I could not stop smiling all day. So simple, but TOT is one of my favorite rides and that interaction still brings me joy.

2.Another cast interaction during MNSSHP. We went to get some Candy Corn ice cream and there were three lines open, two on the right and one to the far right. No one was at the far right one so my husband went over and said hello to the girl behind the counter. They had an adorable conversation about how happy Disney and Halloween make them and she gave us two cones. When he asked how much she said they were a gift and thanked him for being so friendly. It was so sweet!

3.Standing in the middle of the Osborne light show and crying over how beautiful it was and how happy it made me.

4.On our most recent trip, watching the castle stage show and having a sweetly romantic moment with my husband as Mickey and Minnie were being all cute onstage. He had surprised me with a short trip for our anniversary, and Mickey asks Minnie if she liked her surprise, and she replies "This was the best day ever!" And then Mickey says to her, "Every day with you is the best day ever!" We just locked eyes and embraced. Cheesy I know!

5. I could keep writing more stories forever but my favorite, favorite moment is the very first time I walked into the Magic Kingdom. I had wanted to go to WDW my whole life and finally went when I was 25. As I walked toward Main Street, the Disney Dreams Come True Parade started right in front of me. Disney dreams come true indeed!

PrincessRachelT

We stopped at the Poly on our way back home from Miami (we live in north Florida while my family and all of hubbys parents family live in south Florida) because our in laws don't have annual passes and we wanted to eat and watch the fireworks. We ate at Kona and then went to get some Dole whip. I was pregnant and craving it, and DH loves it too, so while ordering we were talking to the CM and asking her how she was enjoying her college program. My inlaws opted to just get one as they had never had it and weren't sure if they liked it. Well, FIL and MIL take theirs and decide they love it, but didn't want to get back in line, and sit down as ours are coming up. I laughed about how I couldn't work there because I'd eat all of it, and the CM was saying that sometimes she would make little sample cups and make sure it was good enough for others (quality control ). We took ours and she told me to wait one moment and made us an extra for FIL and one for me. What she didn't know, was that we were on our way home from a funeral for my FILs father. He teared up and was so surprised that someone would be so sweet to give him one "on the house". We watched the fireworks from the beach eating our Dole whip that night. It was just really sweet

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom