Most Innovative Ride

What is the most innovative theme park ride?

• Journey to the Center of the Earth

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Indiana Jones Adventure

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Back to the Future: The Ride

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pooh's Hunny Hunt

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Soarin' Over California

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 8 14.3%

• Total voters

jcrb

I think Tot is the most innovative because of the 5 d room. This is where the cars come on and move into another universe.

I also think Test Track is Innovative because it had equipment that was head of it time. What I mean is a computer controls all cars and if there is one glitch than the ride will stop.

ToWeroFTerRor67

I just have to say that spiderman isn't that great. They just pulled a major Universal tactic and copied Disney's ride system. ToT is the greatest ride ever made. I can't even think of another indoor themed drop ride. It has such a awesome story. Arriving at WDW and seeing it over the trees just gives me chills. The ride is also not complete. Every 2-3 they will improve it just to keep it as one of the best rides ever.

I also believe that Mission: Space will take over Tower's spot at the top. I have no idea what it will be like, and i love the suspense. Disney wouldn't keep ride quiet, unless it was beyond amazing. I can't wait till spring 2003, when i can ride it.
I just hope it will be done.

NiCKEY NoUSE

Original Poster
Originally posted by ToWeroFTerRor67
I just have to say that spiderman isn't that great. They just pulled a major Universal tactic and copied Disney's ride system. ToT is the greatest ride ever made. I can't even think of another indoor themed drop ride. It has such a awesome story. Arriving at WDW and seeing it over the trees just gives me chills. The ride is also not complete. Every 2-3 they will improve it just to keep it as one of the best rides ever.

Ummm...I don't really think that Universal copied Disney's TOT...the ride systems are COMPLETELY different if you ask me. You're absolutely right about the story and theme, though I think one of the biggest underappreciated (is that a word?) aspects of the TOT is it's actual design and architecture...this is what really 'wows' me whenever I go to WDW. Spiderman can't compare to TOT's archetectural elements, but I think it can compare to the actual technology used in its ride system. That said, I still think Hunny Hunt trumps all the other rides...:sohappy:

DixieBelle97

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, of course. The lobby, library, basement, and ride itself are the best beyond belief. It's also funny to hear everyone scream when it first drops.:lol:

ToWeroFTerRor67

I don't really think that Universal copied Disney's TOT

I didn't mean this. I know they are two different systems. What i meant was they copied indy at DL and added a video screen and a ceiling. I should have made myself more clear.

NiCKEY NoUSE

Original Poster
thats ok I see your point...the underlying point here, however, is that all three rides are technologically superior to the majority of everything else out there, surpassing even the most expensive attempts from other parks. I still think Disney has the upperhand, but Universal is slowly catching up.

kaliriverrider

While I hate to admit it the coolest rides of late have been at IOA Their theming is not up to par with Disney of course and they have no sense of customer service, AAofS and The Hulk Coaster are pretty innovative rides. I rode AAofS during media week with some cast members from WDW and they were too stunned to speak. I hope Space is a great ride as WDW has not had a big hit in a while.:zipit: I make it to WDW once a week at least and i always ride TOT and RRC at MGM.

Justin149

POOHS HUNNY HUNT

ok, for the most part i agree with you about how spiderman is the most amazing ride ever. But innoventively POOHS HUNNY HUNT blows it away. The ride system using a GPS and the narrow misses between cars is absolutely incredible. You have to see it to belive it. Though ive never been on it ive watched the videos for it and were amazed by those. Anyone who wants to see the video's PM and ill send you the link.

-Justin

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom