Most Innovative Ride

What is the most innovative theme park ride?

• Journey to the Center of the Earth

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Indiana Jones Adventure

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Back to the Future: The Ride

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pooh's Hunny Hunt

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Soarin' Over California

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 8 14.3%

• Total voters

NiCKEY NoUSE

Original Poster
Okay...What do you think is the all-time most innovative theme park ride? This includes both Disney and Non-Disney rides around the world, based on their overall theme, ride system, 'wow' factor, and technological breakthroughs. Please remember the time in which the ride debuted, as some of the choices are relatively old. Also remember that the ride must be open, so Mission:Space or other rides in development or construction are not eligible.

tmp

Even though I have never been on it from what I have seen on the Travel Channel I unfortunatley have to say Spiderman.

DanStat

Test Track

I think Test Track is the most innovative. It took thought to come up with that concept, and I've never seen a ride system like that anywhere else. :sohappy:

NowInc

ToT awed me when i first saw it..a freefall with a theme...GREAT idea...

Ive been on spiderman...it was cool..but I wouldnt go as far as to say its "the best"...especially since they really should have tested it more...

NiCKEY NoUSE

Original Poster
Of the rides I've actually ridden, Spiderman seems to be the winner. From what I've read, seen, and heard (not ridden) however, Pooh's Hunny Hunt (with its trackless GPS system) seems to come out on top. I may be wrong on this however....

NowInc

Originally posted by NiCKEY NoUSE
Of the rides I've actually ridden, Spiderman seems to be the winner. From what I've read, seen, and heard (not ridden) however, Pooh's Hunny Hunt (with its trackless GPS system) seems to come out on top. I may be wrong on this however....

Pooh in Japan IS in fact "the funk"...I have rode it and its uncomparaible to anything in the world...

MrPromey

I have to go with “Other” and put my selection in for the Curtsey Trams. Nothing beats a courtesy tram when you are parked by WDW speedway on a hot summer day! Every seat is near an A/C vent (while the tram is in motion) and I’ve never had one break down while I was riding it. True, the only time there are lines are at the end of the night but it’s probably the only ride at any of the parks that will be ridden more than once by just about everyone who drove there. ;)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
This is a very hard one to answer...

I think Indy at DL scores heavily as being the first Motion Base moving along a track. Attractions such as Spiderman copied this innovation from Disney, and in my opinion managed to produce a very average attraction with Spiderman.

Pooh in Tokyo is groundbreaking, and from what I have seen from videos looks stunning.

From my own experience though I would have to say ToT. Its known throughout the world, I think everyone who rides it will remember it forever. In my opinion its the finest themed attraction, with such a solid story and ride system. :)

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
I love Disney all the way.....but, the most innovative ride on that list is Amazing Adventures of Spiderman. I finally got to ride it back in September and was blown away by it. Right now, nothing at Disney can compare.

goofyfan13

Tot is my pick by far!! I have heard a lot of good things about pooh. hopefully I could get more info on this maybe pictures? back to Tot, I think this ride has the best story line, the ride in general is awesome and the SFX are increadable.

ToTBellHop

The ghost effect on the Tower of Terror and its incredible theming will always set it above the rest for me...I have never ridden Pooh's Honey Hunt so I can't really say anything one way or the other about it. I was not INCREDIBLY impressed by Spidey...kewl ride and all, but I think disney could have done it years ago if they wanted to...I'm more into seeing tangible stuff on the Tower of Terror than a virtual ride...a lot more work goes into building something that is REAL...and I'm a firm believer that Mission: SPACE will blow Spidey out of the water anyway...if they would work a little faster than sloths on it...the ride system has to be in place by now...they need to finish the damn thing!

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
7 or 8 years ago I'd probably have chosen Back to the Future because I loved and still love that ride. But this day in age, The Amazing Spiderman blows away Tower of Terror (which is a very difficult thing for me to admit, since I love ToT) and anything else Disney currently has to offer. How it compares to Mission: Space remains to be seen. I look forward to hearing much more about the actual MS ride itself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom