Most Immersive Lands

Po'Rich

Original Poster
The thread "What are some of the worst immersive lands?" got me to thinking: what if we spun this to a more positive discussion. In your opinion, what are some of the MOST immersive lands at Walt Disney World (no Universal Studios . . . if you want to discuss Harry Potter, go to a Universal Studios board)? What are places where Disney really got it right?

ThemeParkTraveller

I would say Pandora is the most immersive land in WDW right now, followed closely by Africa and Asia. World Showcase is very well-themed as well, but the individual pavilions lack the scale and scope of a full-fledged land. There are isolated pockets inside each pavilion that feel immersive, but the entire World Showcase was designed to give the impression of being at a World's Fair rather than actually being transported to these different countries.

NickWilde

One for each park:

- Everything at AK except for Dinoland

- World Showcase: EPCOT

- Sunset Boulevard: (and soon Galaxy’s Edge) HS

- Main Street USA: MK

If we’re including resorts:

- Polynesian

- AKL

- WL

- POFQ + POR

- BC

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

I happen to especially enjoy MK's Liberty Square and Frontierland. Walking through I love the building archetecture, the small touches the Imagineers have placed around and the entire feel of both areas. I've always been fascinated by those periods of time in our history so walking into those sections give me a thrill. I wish there were more CM entertainers making appearances to bring them more to life.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Let's open this up a bit.
Port Orleans. Polynesian. Pioneer Hall. Wilderness Lodge. Animal Kingdom Lodge.

For the parks I'd go with:
Pretty much all of AK (with the exception of Dino Land). Main Street. Frontierland. Storybook Circus. Japan. Italy. Germany. France. UK.

KCheatle

I feel less like I'm in a theme park and more like what its like in reality in liberty square, looking at the shops, the river, the boat, etc. and I think it transitions well into Frontierland, with the rockers on the porches of the stores.

I feel very immersed in Africa and Asia.

I think the Boardwalk is well-themed also.

As for Epcot, I think, like others, once you get back into the countries they are very immersive.

Walt Disney1955

Frontierland with the musical loop is pretty good. Makes you feel like you travelled back in time.

Disneyland's New Orleans Square has that feel about it as well, like you are in New Orleans.

Disneyland's Fantasyland is about as good as it gets that way I think. Lots of dark rides, it IS your childhood in a nutshell.

Captain Barbossa

I happen to especially enjoy MK's Liberty Square and Frontierland. Walking through I love the building archetecture, the small touches the Imagineers have placed around and the entire feel of both areas. I've always been fascinated by those periods of time in our history so walking into those sections give me a thrill. I wish there were more CM entertainers making appearances to bring them more to life.
You took the words right out of my mouth. I don’t think people understand how good of a job the Imagineers did when it comes to Liberty Square. They replicated as much as they could to represent the mid-late 1700s. Ever wonder why there aren’t any restrooms in Liberty Square? ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom