most embarressing moment at disney

WDWGuy

:hammer: :hammer:

Oh yeah I think I can be first to respond to this....

In my two and a half years of working at Fantasmic! I hd the privilage of witnessing some very memorable moments by both cast and crew.

I think my proudest moment was while I was loading the fireworks for one of the evening's performances. We load all pyrotechnics inthe afternoon prior to opening the theatre to Guests. For those of you with a keen eye, I am sure you have noticed the six "boxes" that sit in the middle of the lagoon. Those six platforms house the pyro used in each production. There is a Wall that divides the outer moat (where the Steamboat passes), and the inner moat (where the water fountains are)...It is on this wall we have to walk on in order to get out to the platforms to load the fireworks.

Well one day Steve was I guess a little too hot in the Florida Sun. While I walked out to the platforms I took one rong step to my right....and INTO THE MOAT I WENT!!!!! I could not believe it....Every part of me, under six feet of water....except my HANDS and the PYRO!! I was not going to let that try of pyro get soaked....Hey if I am going to do something stupid, I might as well try to preserve the magic right???

so I after climbing out of the moat, and recieving my well-deserved applause from the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater staff, I walked backstage...dripping wet.

I am sure you can imagine the faces of the Cast and Crew.

:drevil:

Steve D

Maria

When a bee stung me in the back while I was talking to a guest at the promenade!

Stupid bee got inside the collar of the back of my dress and was trapped in my waist where the "belt" is, and right then, stung me! It hurt so bad that I almost screamed and grabbed it from the dress! so I had to leave the guest and run to the restrooms backstage AA, and as I was getting there started to undress and the stupid bee was dead inside my dress. Someone else grabbed it with a napkin and I took it to first aid just in case.... It hurt me for the following days... ouch!! I had never been stung by a bee before! It was quite a funny scene seeing me run so desperately, but I didn´t know what it was and it really hurt a lot...
:)

Another time... my friend Goofy was having fun at the fountains in Epcot, and when he saw me passing by in my white costume, pulled me inside the fountain with him and got me soaked in front of the guests! He made me stand on top of one those water things and didn´t let me move on time.....so just picture it.... ;) Needless to say, guests loved it.... and me too...it was a hot day ;)

OldKeyWest24

ohdear have I-
I have 2..one was walking down the aisle at the wedding pavillion at my brothers wedding..i triped..OMG soo embarresing!

antother one was in epcot at the mexico pavillion i ordered the chocolate chicken thinking it wasjust a drp of chocolate but it was a whole glob..i refused to eat it..i was kinda embarressed

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Maria

:)

Another time... my friend Goofy was having fun at the fountains in Epcot, and when he saw me passing by in my white costume, pulled me inside the fountain with him and got me soaked in front of the guests! He made me stand on top of one those water things and didn´t let me move on time.....so just picture it.... ;) Needless to say, guests loved it.... and me too...it was a hot day ;) [/B]

Any photos? I know certain people on this forum who would pay plenty to get a copy!!!;)

Chris

This was at DL not WDW but...My oldes son who was 4 at the time got his head stuck between the railing bars in the que line for the storybook boat ride. DL maintenance personnel had to bend the bars to get his head out.

Same trip - my two and a half year old son stood up in a chair in a restaurant. The chair tipped and he went flying into the table next to us and landed on a nice family from Idaho eating breakfast.

Needles to say, we have been banned from DL. (just kidding).

Maria

Originally posted by marciahahn

Any photos? I know certain people on this forum who would pay plenty to get a copy!!!;)

hehe... nope! I could have had a big reprimend for playing with Goofy while "working"! hehe :D ;)

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by Maria

Stupid bee got inside the collar of the back of my dress and was trapped in my waist where the "belt" is, and right then, stung me! It hurt so bad that I almost screamed and grabbed it from the dress! so I had to leave the guest and run to the restrooms backstage AA, and as I was getting there started to undress and the stupid bee was dead inside my dress.

At least we know the Bee died a happy death.

sillyspook13

Hmm, there was the one night last year when I tripped during Candellight. It was at the end of the show. I tripped over a cord and took a big flying leap across the stage.:eek:

Javier&Christie

Originally posted by sillyspook13
Hmm, there was the one night last year when I tripped during Candellight. It was at the end of the show. I tripped over a cord and took a big flying leap across the stage.:eek:

I have seen people make some *nasty* crash landings during candelight performance... I know I've been singin' away up there plenty of times and all of a sudden hear *crash bang boom* someone ate the drumset.. "ouch".. they were quietly carried out... :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom