Most comfortable shoes...

Ember

If there is already a thread for this please point me in the right direction. I just wanted to get some thoughts on what you think are the best types and brands of shoes to wear to Disney. I have been burned in the past and want to get some really good shoes for this trip. Your input would be much appreciated :)

johnwags

If there is already a thread for this please point me in the right direction. I just wanted to get some thoughts on what you think are the best types and brands of shoes to wear to Disney. I have been burned in the past and want to get some really good shoes for this trip. Your input would be much appreciated :)

If you love comfort and hate settling for anything less than the best, Finn Comfort has the perfect shoes for you. I love this brand, was brought in Foot Solutions store. If world-class comfort is your goal, you need to experience these exceptional shoes.
FinnComfort.png

Upvote 0

Ember

Original Poster
Shoes! Glorious shoes! I picked up a pair of Teva Olowahu sandals and a pair of Keen Whisper sandals. The Tevas are more of a flip flop with extra straps and the Keens are more of a sneaker sandal. They both feel heavenly! I am going to wear them around the house as much as possible to break them in. I am so excited. Thanks for all the input!

Upvote 0

officialtom

Looks like I may be the exception here but I only ever wear flip flops to the parks, usually just the cheap Old Navy ones. I usually end up with a blister or two on the first day, but my feet toughen up pretty quick. I hate wearing socks when I don't absolutely have to!

That said, we're doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour next month so I'll definitely be bringing my trusty Asics with me for that part of the trip.

Upvote 0

Ariel484

I alternate between a broken-in pair of Brooks Adrenalines, Crocs flip flops, Teva mush flip flops and TOMS. I'm going to try Sanuk yoga mat flip flops this weekend. :)
Has anyone tried Vibram Fivefingers? I know they look silly, but I hear they are really comfy.
I know you said you already got shoes...but I had to comment on this.

FiveFingers are not for everyone. If your feet are used to the cushioning of "normal" shoes and you just go and wear a "minimalist" shoe like FiveFingers you very well may hurt yourself. When runners transition to wearing more minimalist shoes it's just that...a gradual transition. 0.25 miles at a time or something. You're now engaging muscles in your feet, calves, core, etc. that aren't used to being use this way. Per the shoe guy at my running store, quite a few people have hurt themselves wearing these shoes.

Glad you found some stuff you like! :)

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Tevas here too! They last forever, and they're so comfy. I've got the Olawahu flip flops, and the Hurricanes. The Olawahus are my everyday summer shoes, and the Hurricanes are my walking/theme park shoes. I hate wearing flip flops in the parks, the tops of my feet always hurt by the middle of the first day from holding them on.
I've had these since 2010 and the flip flops started to give out last summer, but the Hurricanes are still going strong.

http://www.teva.com/womens-hurricane-xlt-sport-sandals/4176,default,pd.html?dwvar_4176_color=CTPN&start=2&q=hurricane 2
http://www.teva.com/womens-olowahu-...d.html?dwvar_6840_color=HYB&start=1&q=olawahu

Upvote 0

Betsyboo

I was trying to find this thread earlier today. Just ordered a pair of Keen H2s this morning. I'm concerned about possible wet feet next week. Probably shouldn't have waited until now to buy them but that's how it is. I did save quite a bit by buying the "Big Kids" size 6 instead of a women's size 8. $40 for the pair instead of $90+.

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

Looks like I may be the exception here but I only ever wear flip flops to the parks, usually just the cheap Old Navy ones. I usually end up with a blister or two on the first day, but my feet toughen up pretty quick. I hate wearing socks when I don't absolutely have to!

That said, we're doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour next month so I'll definitely be bringing my trusty Asics with me for that part of the trip.

I'm definitely a Old Navy flip flop wearer! But in the parks, they kill my feet. I usually wear sneakers in Disney but they make my feet hurt because I'm not used to having my feet enclosed like that. I'm going to try out the croc flip flops and see if that is better.

Upvote 0

Jo DeVil

After my old faithfulls died mid trip, I got a pair of Skechers shape up I don't think they did any toning but they are like walking on pillows! I will get another pair when I go in Oct.

Upvote 0

Lilacs79

Just signed up. Hello everyone! I had to check to see what the consensus was about walking for a good part of your day in the parks. Last visit to WDW I wore Teva flip flops because I hate wearing socks and the constraints of laces. After sore feet and 2 blisters later I bought a pair of Mickey crocs in Epcot. Best decision of my life. But for our next vacation in 2015 I'm going to try some Nike's. After going to an amusement park this summer, most wore Nike. :joyfull:

Upvote 0

Clamman73

I recently got a pair of Skechers Go Walk 2 on the advice of another thread, and have to say they are very, very comfortable shoes. Gonna put them through the paces of World Showcase in a few weeks, but will switch b/t these and my Asics that I've had for a few years.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom