Most Centrally Located Resort

Pr1nce55

Hello everyone. I am a new member. Next spring, my husband and I with our two kids (preschoolers) are planning a trip to WDW. We would like to stay at a Disney resort. I was wondering what is the most centrally located resort to the 4 major theme parks? Also, how would you rate the resort?:)

tigsmom

MouseMadness said:
Slow as in speed, and they did stop at Ft. Wilderness first. Ugh, I was :brick: really annoyed. :lol: I"m spoiled by the Polynesian. :eek:

We actually like the boatride because its a good way to unwind after the park. Its nice travelling to the MK at sunset...very romantic. ;)

Upvote 0

tikiman

MouseMadness said:
Okay, this brings up a question I have. Andy thinks he'd like to spend part of the next trip at WL, (and we do what we can to keep the man happy at Disney :lookaroun ) but the only reason I'm hesitant is because one afternoon, we left the MK to go have lunch at Whispering Canyon, and seriously, we thought we'd be better off jumping out of that damn boat and swimming the rest of the way. It. Was. So. SLOWWWWWWWW!! Did we just catch it on a bad day, or is it like that always? However, I must add that Whispering Canyon was worth it. :slurp:

I agree with you opinion of the boat. We usually visit the WL from the Polynesian to go eat each time we visit and I have always thought the boat takes forever and that is if you get on it right away. People at the WL say how fast the boat is and how easy the access is to the MK but since we are use to the boat at the Polynesian or the monorail we feel the boat from the WL is extremely slow.

Upvote 0

MickeyTigg

MouseMadness said:
Okay, this brings up a question I have. Andy thinks he'd like to spend part of the next trip at WL, (and we do what we can to keep the man happy at Disney :lookaroun ) but the only reason I'm hesitant is because one afternoon, we left the MK to go have lunch at Whispering Canyon, and seriously, we thought we'd be better off jumping out of that damn boat and swimming the rest of the way. It. Was. So. SLOWWWWWWWW!! Did we just catch it on a bad day, or is it like that always? However, I must add that Whispering Canyon was worth it. :slurp:

My only complaint about the WL is the transportation options....the boat is slow, but it's the only way to MK.

Upvote 0

mrtoad

MouseMadness said:

We just stayed last month and for the most part it was not bad but there were a few times it seemed like forever. The thing I did not like was that sometimes they would go to the campgrounds first and others not. I just wish it were consistant. I mean once trip we left the WL to go to the MK and it stopped at the campgrounds before heading over. Yet on the way home it went to the campgrounds first. So both trips we had to stop there when it really should be one way that way. If they were the same each time then the WL people and the campground people would have to endure one trip per MK day to the other's resort.

But on a side note, we have taken a monorail from the Polynesian that took us forever to get to the MK. They waited at the Poly forever, then went to the GF and waited forever before heading over. I think we could have walked over faster...

Upvote 0

lamarvenoy

TOWER ROOM, MAGIC KINGDOM SIDE, THE CONTEMPORARY.I firmly believe these are the best rooms on property, the view is unbelievable. Boardwalk is my second choice.

Upvote 0

wishes

well located resort

:wave:

Definitely recommend the Boardwalk Resort or Yacht and Beach Club (both Epcot resort hotels). You can walk to both Epcot and MGM and you can get the boat to the latter aswell. Bus services to everywhere else, or you can walk thru Epcot and get the monorail straight to the MK. The Epcot resorts are all situated around the lake = lots to do, not isolated at all. Plenty of good restaurants to choose from. The MK resorts (GF, Poly, Contemporary) are well located on monorail too, so worth considering them too.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom