Most Beloved Disney Item You Own

Teenchy

Original Poster
I was wonder what is the most beloved Disney item or 2 that you own. Something you may have got as a gift, bought yourself or even a park artifact.

Not a memory, because of course our WDW Memories are always the best!

I have 2.

1st. A book my Mom & Dad bought me on our first trip to WDW in 1974 (I was 8 at the time) Its a black square book/magazine type with pictures of the building of the MK and what to expect in the future i.e the orignial Epcot concept and resorts that never made it. I would look at that book and Dream of my future visits to WDW. (Now 17 visits in the past 31 years)
Countdown to next visit 7 Days!

2nd. A DVD copy of Song of the South from Europe. One of my favorite Disney movies that I grew up with that unfortunatley is now judged by the PC police to not be appropriate for release in the USA.
Everyone loves Splash Mountain, I just wish that all of the kids had the chance to see the movie that enspired such a great ride!

col

mine is a dumbo teddy that i bought myself. it has big ears that cover its entire face and they are sooooooooo soft i fell in love with those ears as soon as i saw it and i had to buy it.

i dont have a second item that is my favourite but that will all change in december 2005.

beagle 1

My most beloved items would by my bride and groom Mickey Mouse ears along with the champagne flutes that I received from Cinderella to commerate our honeymoon. Plus, this was my first time at Walt Disney's World.

Mystic

I have so many it's hard to pick just one but I think the one that means the most is the Disney cross-stitch my mom bought me for christmas when we were there last year. It's my piece little piece of Disney and it means that much more because I made it myself.

http://www.stoneycreek.com/disney.html

It's the fifth one down the page entitled Cinderella Castle. My mom bought it for me on the condition that I have it stretched and framed and hang it in my room when I'm finished. I've got about 1/6 left to do of it.

I'm hoping to get my hands on the ones Happiest Celebration on Earth and Past Present and Forever on my trip to WDW next year.

HunnyPot

My Tinkerbell snow globe. My dad gave it to me for Christmas one year, and my Tinkerbell magnet, which is actually from Disneyland, but I got it on my honeymoon so it makes me smile to think about that. Plus, it's a lot harder for us to go to Disneyland than to the World, so I don't know when I'll get to go back.

Tigger1988

This pin, given to me by a wonderful CM as a child. He wasn't suppost to give it away since it was exclusive to certain CMs. DREAM stands for Disney Resort Experiences Are Magical

dreampin.jpg

Pippa

I love my Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore dressed up in their jungle explorer outfits from the AK in 1998 when it opened and my Adventurers Club drinks canteen, also from 1998. You bought a Kungaloosh and got to keep the canteen, which is now a collectors item since they shut the shop in the AC. Both purchased on my first trip to WDW.

Lee

Adventurer
It's a 3-way tie:
My seat from a Nautilus sub.
My Tomorrowland 2055 project jacket.
My signed Marc Davis PotC art.

:D

gboiler1

Old photos. I'm compiling a scrapbook of all the early Disneyland trips.
If pics don't count, the early guide books are cool from '64 and '68.

disneydaft

Teenchy said:
2nd. A DVD copy of Song of the South from Europe. One of my favorite Disney movies that I grew up with that unfortunatley is now judged by the PC police to not be appropriate for release in the USA.
Everyone loves Splash Mountain, I just wish that all of the kids had the chance to see the movie that enspired such a great ride!

I don't like to be the one to say it but Song of the South has never been released anywhere in the world on DVD.
If you have a copy it is a fake.

daisyduck448

i am in love with my collection of disney stuffed animals. my favorite is donald duck but i love them all!

2nd item would have to be my mickey and minnie mouse snowglobe. a piano is the base of it and inside the globe is minnie sitting on the piano while mickey plays it. adorable!!!

Connor002

mine is my mickey plush toy from when i was little, it's nothing special, but to me it's one of the most valueable things i own

Lauriebar

I love and adore my Big Al glass mug bought on my first trip to WDW in 1978. It has never been place in the dishwasher so the decal is just as beautiful as it was when I bought it!!

Tigger1988

disneydaft said:
I don't like to be the one to say it but Song of the South has never been released anywhere in the world on DVD.
If you have a copy it is a fake.

It was released in the UK and other various places...I too have a copy

The movie has been released on video and laserdisc in various foreign countries, but never in the United States. As of December 2001, Song of the South was withdrawn worldwide.

- www.songofthesouth.net

disneydaft

Tigger1988 said:
It was released in the UK and other various places...I too have a copy

- www.songofthesouth.net
The movie has been released on video and laserdisc in various foreign countries, but never in the United States. As of December 2001, Song of the South was withdrawn worldwide.

It has been released on Video Tape and Laserdisc but never on DVD.

The following quote is from the same site

Q. Is Song of the South available on DVD?

A. Song of the South is not officially available on DVD. There is a rumor, however, that it may be released on DVD in November 2006. You can notify Disney that you would like to request Song of the South on DVD. You can also add your name to Amazon's Song of the South DVD request list as well.

Please be aware that any DVDs or VCDs of Song of the South you may see available for sale are bootlegs (illegal and not official).

The following site lists all the DVD's only released outside of the USA.

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/international.html as you can see Song of the South is not listed.

At least once a month I report all the counterfeit DVD's on ebay to Disney and sugest that you all do the same.
http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=disneyvero

Mr Wizard

I have a switch plate that has Mickey next to Cinderellas Castle and he's saying "My Room Is My Castle". I got it on my second trip to WDW in the late 70's when I was a teenager. I have used it in many houses over the years and it now is on the wall of my office in my electrical contracting buisness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom