Most annoying things people say that not true

Blake

Original Poster
What the most annoying thing (thing that someone thinks but you know that they are incorrect) that people have said to you or that you have heard?

Mine would be

1) In a class at school my teacher was trying to convince the class (of course, most didn't know any better) that JAWS was in the Magic Kingdom. I told her it was at Universal Studios but she said "No its not!", "It's at the Magic Kingdom" and of course the class beleived her...:mad:

2) When another one of my teachers told me that Spaceship Earth was not the attraction inside Epcot's big sphere....

Anyways, those are jsut some of mine and i was wondering what experiences you've had or that you've heard...

WeirdOne

When people refer to Spaceship Earth as the big laser show. That bugs the crap out of me.

Also, when people sya Fire Mountain and think it's a real concept, when it was a rumor started by some idiot.

And finally when most people talk about Villian Mountain, YET, no one I've seen has yet to prove they know what they're talking about (and it's not just people on this board).

Anyways, my gripes. - The WeirdOne :D

SNS

Originally posted by WeirdOne
Also, when people sya Fire Mountain and think it's a real concept

How do you know that it's not something that Disney was considering at one time? Did Disney say they were never considering it?

jwbeck3

The 3 times that I have heard someone at Animal Kingdom say the Tree of Life is a real tree that Disney transplanted. I guess they think that it grew with the animal carvings on it too.

meeko_33785

The three things that get to me

1) People who say AK has nothing to do
2) People who mix up characters names (calling Donald Duck Daffy or clalling Princess Aurora Cinderella)
3) Saying that Walt's criogenically frozen body is located at [insert MK location here].

General Grizz

It's THE BIG BALL!!!!!!!

Oh that reminds me...

Ellen: "The piggy bank?"
Bill: "THE BIG BANG!"
Ellen: "The ding dang?"
Bill: "THE BIG BANG!"

or

in French...

Ellen: "Le piggahbanch?"
Bill: "LE BIG BAAUGN!"
Ellen: "Le diahng danahn?"
Bill: "LE BIG BAAUUGN!"

Okay, sorry. That's enough caffiene for grizzly bear.

fngoofy

1. "The spires on the castle come off in case of a hurricane."
2. Referring to the Magic Kingdom as Disney World
3. Insisting that the stretching rooms in the WDW HM are elevators (like Disneyland’s)

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by WeirdOne

Also, when people sya Fire Mountain and think it's a real concept, when it was a rumor started by some idiot.

Umm...I believe that turned into Expedition: Everest! (Forbidden Mountain)

SNS

Originally posted by SpongeScott
In defense of some people, at one point and time, the Magic Kingdom WAS Disney World. Maybe they are just old-school.

While it's true that it was the only park in WDW for some time, the park was always known as Magic Kingdom.

SpongeScott

Originally posted by SNS
While it's true that it was the only park in WDW for some time, the park was always known as Magic Kingdom.
True. But when you went then you still referred to it as going to Disney World, so that's what you meant when you went to MK. Semantics? :animwink:

RPMdfw

Originally posted by Blake
What the most annoying thing (thing that someone thinks but you know that they are incorrect) that people have said to you or that you have heard?

Mine would be

1) In a class at school my teacher was trying to convince the class (of course, most didn't know any better) that JAWS was in the Magic Kingdom. I told her it was at Universal Studios but she said "No its not!", "It's at the Magic Kingdom" and of course the class beleived her...:mad:

2) When another one of my teachers told me that Spaceship Earth was not the attraction inside Epcot's big sphere....

Anyways, those are jsut some of mine and i was wondering what experiences you've had or that you've heard...

Let me get this right. You're upset because teachers were talking about theme parks in class and they got some facts wrong?

I rarely had teachers talk about anything that fun! Who cares if they got a few theme park facts wrong? They were talking about fun stuff! MUCH better than learning trig or calculus or something.

And at least it's not like the time I had to prove to my history teacher that the Equal Rights Amendment had not been ratified when he swore it had been. (that's what happens when they let coaches teach history, by the way). That was a very scary day.

But I digress . . . what was the question again?
:lookaroun

djmatthews

People that say:

DisneyLand and mean Disney World (and vice verser).

Call MK Disney World or Disney Land.

AK is a Zoo.

Epcot is Boring

fngoofy

Originally posted by SpongeScott
In defense of some people, at one point and time, the Magic Kingdom WAS Disney World. Maybe they are just old-school.
Naw, it's always been the Magic Kingdom and with the Resorts and recreation the sum has always been WDW.

4. Walt Disney is one of the singing statues in HM.

5. The middle sections of the Swan & Dolphin Hotels (the colored sections) are where the monorail was supposed to go thru, just like in the Contemporary.

6. Here’s one I hate to hear from the CMs in the HM:

”Step away from MY walls” or “Step into MY portrait gallery” their character is as a maid or butler, they are the Master’s walls, or the Master’s gallery, not the maid or butler’s. That’s just me, I’m a pain in the .

Merlin

Account Suspended
(The following statements are in no way an indication that I am down on Disney.)

I hate it when Disney fans quote statistics that they really just made up in order to support that Disney is better. For example, after the recent Big Thunder accident, I was in a debate on these boards with someone who kept insisting that Six Flags has "just as many accidents as Disney" but that we "never hear about it because Disney is in the spotlight". This individual had no idea what they were talking about. In reality, Six Flags has a remarkable safety record. We may not be crazy about their lack of guest service or imagination, but don't accuse them of having a poor safety record when that's really just your perception but you can't back it up with facts. They've made safety their priority and they've been successful at it. They deserve proper recognition for that. Disney's safety record (specifically because of DisneyLAND) is atrocious by comparison. This is according to records from the Consumer Product Safety Commission which is unbiased and not affected by which theme park is "in the spotlight" or not. Does this mean I don't agree Disney is the best? Of course not. But you don't have to make stuff up to support that Disney is best.

I hate it when Disney fans can't admit that the majority of DCA has nothing whatsoever to do with California. For example, I have lived in California my entire life and am VERY much into California history. So don't tell me that Paradise Pier is some sort of "salute to California's carnival history". What "carnival history"??? Face it, Paradise Pier is a ripoff from the Pressler/Harriss era. And I challenge anyone to find a single California history book that so much as MENTIONS carnivals as a part of California history.

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by Dean[AU]
oh o.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hate it when I hear a guest in fantasmic saying to a cast member she doesn't want to move all the way down because he is only telling her! Now that, ladys and gentlemen is not true! :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom