mosquitos at disney in the summer

LudwigVonDrake

I don't believe I have ever encountered Mosquitoes at WDW in the Summertime. I guess their pest control program works VERY well.

Next WDW Trip: July 9 - July 16 :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

GenerationX

We also have not encountered any mosquitoes at WDW the last three summers. There are two reasons: 1. Disney releases a lot of mosquito larvae eating bugs; 2. Disney sprays in the middle of night.

Upvote 0

murphy

Original Poster
Thank you! I hope you are right! That would be a little extra magic!! I thought since FL. is a humid state this might be an issue!

Upvote 0

StevenT

Trust me as a FL resident. Anywhere besides Disney it is a HUGE issue, but for some reason not at Disney, at least the parks. I encountered a few mosquitos at Fantasia Gardens mini golf before, but it wasn't too bad.

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

Never had a problem with mosquitos in WDW either, and I have gone during spring/summer several times. As mentioned before, their mosquito control works very well. During certain times of the year I have noticed an influx of certain bugs now and again (like love bugs in late May or early September,) but never anything overwhelming.

:)

Upvote 0

crazygirley

If you wake up around 7:00 AM to run like I do, you will see them spraying for insects all around the resort. I have never had an encounter with a mosquito since they closed down Discovery Island some time ago. Don't worry...you won't get bit!

Upvote 0

Testtrack321

As a regular park goer in VA, I can say I've seen BAD CASES of mosquetoes in parks, but Disney hadles them VERY WELL. The parks are very safe, so are the hotels. But still, I wear bug spray, you can never be too careful! :D

Upvote 0

ILUVTHEMOUSE

Bugs on the Ferry

We have never had a problem with mosquitos in the parks but we have encountered them (or some other type of flying insect) on the ferries. We were taking the ferry back to the parking lot at MK (at night) and there were tons of bugs all over the walls of the boat. We didn't get bit so I don't think they were mosquitos. Has anyone else experienced this or know what kind of insects they are?

Upvote 0

Yellowbird97

I have been to WDW during July and have been bitten several times by mosquitos and the bites are rather large. Some people in my party never have been biten, they seem to like me for some reason. I do not like to put deet on my skin either and am thinking of trying Avon Skin So Soft this year when we go in July. Does anybody know if this works?:veryconfu

Upvote 0

crazygirley

Originally posted by Yellowbird97
I have been to WDW during July and have been bitten several times by mosquitos and the bites are rather large. Some people in my party never have been biten, they seem to like me for some reason. I do not like to put deet on my skin either and am thinking of trying Avon Skin So Soft this year when we go in July. Does anybody know if this works?:veryconfu
Never been bitten, so I couldn't say...but I would assume a bug repellant would work on the 'skeeters.

Upvote 0

kennyj29

Mosquito Magnet

I'm a mosquito magnet and yet Disney is probably the ONLY place I've never been bitten in the summer. Thank God there is one vacation spot allowing me to be bite free!!!! I go to Lake George in New York every year and when I come home, There is not one spot on my body that isn't bitten. It's horrible~!

Upvote 0

celticdog

Originally posted by Yellowbird97
I do not like to put deet on my skin either and am thinking of trying Avon Skin So Soft this year when we go in July. Does anybody know if this works?:veryconfu

It's hit or miss. It works for my girlfriend, however i've had no luck with it.

Upvote 0

Disnycrazy

I have got to agree. I am also a mosquito magnet, plus I am allergic to mosquito bites. So when I get bit the bite blows up so big it look like I have theses huge welts all ove my body. But Disney has to be one of the few places that I can go on vacation during the summer and be bitten alive. The only time I actually use bug repellent is during the night. Thank goodness for that.

Upvote 0

Sloan

Usually not a problem

Disney does an excellent job with the pest control program, as Florida does have some serious mosquitos, but you are unlikely to encounter them at Disney - or at least not in the parks.

Upvote 0

Bliff

Horseflys!

I'll join with my fellow mini-golfers and warn about bugs at the mini-golf spot, but my warning is for Winter Summerland, and it's not for mosquitos, it's for horseflys!

We were there in late May last year, and the horseflys were so bad, I started keeping track of how many I killed on my scorecard, sorta like the old fighter pilots used to do on their planes!

I've never had a problem with mosquitos, but those horseflys (horseflies?) were deadly!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom