Morocco

tshenigo

If I book a late lunch/early dinner meal at Morocco's restaurant for 4:00 pm, will there be belly dancers there? My children really want to see them and I have heard that the dancers are only there for the dinner crowd. What do you think of the food and what do you request?

Thanks
Terri

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
If I remember correctly you should see them about that time. The food there is excellent, so even if you don't get to see them you will be glad you went.

Upvote 0

Maria

Originally posted by tshenigo
What do you think of the food and what do you request?
Thanks
Terri

I was not very impressed by the food to be honest with you... it was a little "plain" for my taste... I had chicken cous cous. What I loved, was the almond dessert...mmmm!!
The belly dancer was a lot of fun! It was a friend´s b-day and he was taken on stage, and we all had a blast! :)

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Re: Re: Morocco

Originally posted by Maria

I was not very impressed by the food to be honest with you... it was a little "plain" for my taste...

That's because you're "one spicy tamale" as Tramp would say!!! :)

I've always wanted to eat there, but have always been with others who didn't. One of these days I'm going to follow mightyduck's and Mr Promey's advice and go by myself! (I only hope it's by choice, not circumstance)

Upvote 0

Maria

Re: Re: Re: Morocco

Originally posted by marciahahn

LOL! I could see that coming... :rolleyes: ;)

I don´t eat very spicy though.... honestly. I dislike hot spicy food, but the cous cous was tooo plain for me...

BTW... does any of you know where the "polenta" comes from? I tried it in Orlando and it tasted like....."nothing"!! ;)

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Morocco

LOL! I could see that coming... :rolleyes: ;)

BTW... does any of you know where the "polenta" comes from? I tried it in Orlando and it tasted like....."nothing"!! ;)

It's Italian cornmeal, frequently made into "cake-like" things. I compare it to grits or tofu...it doesn't have much flavor plain, and I can't be bothered adding things to make it palatable. My husband likes it, but "spices" it up. I would just as soon order something I know I like!

Upvote 0

Maria

Thank you! I was confused because it as given to us for lunch during an African presentation, as part of the traditional african dishes, but I had also seen it in Italy.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Thank you! I was confused because it as given to us for lunch during an African presentation, as part of the traditional african dishes, but I had also seen it in Italy.

I think it is used in many cultures, with many different names and preparations. The word corn also refers to lots of seeds and grains, although we tend to think of maize now. Couscous is actually made from chick peas (garbanzos). I agree, they all taste like "nothing", just a way to stretch the main dish!

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
And to get back to the original question, I think all of the restaurants have some "kid friendly" choices, so you should be OK. If not, The American Adventure has hamburgers, hot dogs, and fries...someone could run out and get something, or go before/after your dinner.

Upvote 0

Maria

Ah! I just remembered.... the little "fast food" area in Morocco has GREAT food and desserts too! I am used to that kind of food very much as we have a large lebanese group living in my city, and we use to eat that at least once a week, and I have to tell you that it was just like having it at home, very authentic. The prices were ok, and the combos were very well served. The desserts.....mmmmm! :slurp:

Upvote 0

mightyduck

Re: Re: Re: Morocco

I've always wanted to eat there, but have always been with others who didn't. One of these days I'm going to follow mightyduck's and Mr Promey's advice and go by myself! (I only hope it's by choice, not circumstance)

LOL.... it is the way to go if you want the trip to be all about you. :)

Sadly, Marcia, after two 1-week trips this year, I still haven't done all the things I'd hoped to "squeeze in." ;)

Upvote 0

Flower

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Morocco

It's Italian cornmeal, frequently made into "cake-like" things. I compare it to grits or tofu...it doesn't have much flavor plain, and I can't be bothered adding things to make it palatable. My husband likes it, but "spices" it up. I would just as soon order something I know I like!

I'm sorry to bring up the polenta issue again, but you haven't had it until you try it the way my Noni made it.

She would make it so thick it could stand on it's own. Then, she would slice it like bread and fry it in olive oil til golden brown. Top with homemade sauce and HEAVEN!!!!:D

Upvote 0

Maria

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Morocco

Originally posted by Flower

I'm sorry to bring up the polenta issue again, but you haven't had it until you try it the way my Noni made it.

She would make it so thick it could stand on it's own. Then, she would slice it like bread and fry it in olive oil til golden brown. Top with homemade sauce and HEAVEN!!!!:D

So you have italian roots? (Noni) ;)

My mouth waters to think of that recipe with the olive oil......mmmmm!!!! :slurp:

Upvote 0

Chris

We always enjoy the food from Morocco. The music and dancing are fun and they have just about any flavor (spiciness) of food you would want. The architecture of the restaurant is good too.

Upvote 0

Sheri

The only thing I remember from Morroco are the people that are like, extremely flexable. We call them the Pretzel People at my house ( :rolleyes: ) because the first time I saw them I was like ew it looks like they're turning themselves into pretzels! soo, hehehe

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom