Morimoto Last Weekend

DISR

Original Poster
I know Morimoto Disney Springs is not on par with his other outlets, but we were pretty disappointed in our visit this weekend. We sat in the lounge area upstairs and ordered pork bao and sticky ribs. Everything tasted extremely salty to me. The service was just poor. It took awhile to get acknowledged, drinks were never refilled, and our waiter basically never returned to our table again after the food was delivered. The floor manager finally happened by and got our check for us. Hopefully this was just an off night but, I'd be hesitant to try Morimoto again (and I'm a sucker for Asian food).

Prince-1

It has been exceptionally average the two times we ate there. Food was also over salted and the staff was just ok.

Hockey89

I know Morimoto Disney Springs is not on par with his other outlets, but we were pretty disappointed in our visit this weekend. We sat in the lounge area upstairs and ordered pork bao and sticky ribs. Everything tasted extremely salty to me. The service was just poor. It took awhile to get acknowledged, drinks were never refilled, and our waiter basically never returned to our table again after the food was delivered. The floor manager finally happened by and got our check for us. Hopefully this was just an off night but, I'd be hesitant to try Morimoto again (and I'm a sucker for Asian food).
This was my experience as well... The food, while I didn't find salty, wasn't very good. His Napa, Vegas, and Philly places are so much better.... He mailed it in and it is 100% a cash grab.... Fits with Disney's food...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
We went there a couple of months after it first opened and were pretty underwhelmed.

The service and the food were fine, but it was no more impressive than any other local table service Asian, Bento, Thai or fusion restaurant I have been to. Since Jacksonville is not exactly a Mecca for high quality Asian cuisine, I was expecting a bit more.

DISR

Original Poster
Did you complain to the manager about the poor service?
No...it was late and we wanted to get going. I think the manager was tracking the situation on some level though. The fact that he personally cleared plates and brought our check was a pretty good indicator. It was likely either a training or staffing issue. There seemed to be enough people, but it was hard to tell exactly how many tables they were covering. The staff didn't seem particularly organized though.

OneofThree

This was my experience as well... The food, while I didn't find salty, wasn't very good. His Napa, Vegas, and Philly places are so much better.... He mailed it in and it is 100% a cash grab.... Fits with Disney's food...

Why these wonderful chefs ‘dumb down’ their food for mass palates?! So annoying

In regard to culinary experience, it's the "Disney way", and it's good business, tbh. Seriously, evaluate the demographics of the average Disney guest today, and they're nailing the target segment nicely. Don't believe me? Whether this board or another, look at the streams of "ooh's" and "ah's" comments and reviews on signature dining -restaurants that are as a rule, totally average aside from theme.

Hockey89

In regard to culinary experience, it's the "Disney way", and it's good business, tbh. Seriously, evaluate the demographics of the average Disney guest today, and they're nailing the target segment nicely. Don't believe me? Whether this board or another, look at the streams of "ooh's" and "ah's" comments and reviews on signature dining -restaurants that are as a rule, totally average aside from theme.
I don't think you are wrong at all... Add in the DDP and it is a total cash cow for Disney. The difference in dress at sig places 15 years ago to today is night and day...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I don't think you are wrong at all... Add in the DDP and it is a total cash cow for Disney. The difference in dress at sig places 15 years ago to today is night and day...
Quite true on both accounts.

Guests that like unique dining will still often eat at regular places. The same is not true of those that have zero desire to try anything outside of a very bland comfort zone. Sadly, those that never venture away from the mac n cheese and McNugget food groups seem to outnumber those with a little adventure in their diet by about a thousand to one.

The dining plan was really just the final nail in the coffin to the possibility of any kind of unique cuisine as it puts a hard cap on what a meal can cost. Even the signature restaurants can't afford to put something like a 10oz Wagyu Fillet on the menu.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom