More Surprises!

bobbypaez02

Just got an email on some gifts that I could buy and have them placed in the room. Are they worth it. The email doesn't give much detail. If any of you have purchased these please let me know what you have thought. We are taking DD 13 and DS 9 for the first time on April 12 staying at the POP til the 17th. Thanks in advance.

DizneyPryncess

I've had several things delivered from Disney Florist, and it's always been some extra fun. We had the Mickey cooler w/snacks in it delivered once, and it wasn't overly expensive. On our honeymoon, my husband had a glass slipper deliver, and that was more expensive. But it was a magical moment. :)

You can have custom made cakes delivered as well, and while usually expensive, those are also a lot of fun! Especially if you're celebrating anything.

Upvote 0
I'm not very sentimental so I probably shouldn't weigh in, but I don't think they're worth the money. It's a very nice idea, though. Personally, I'd rather spend the money on a really nice dinner.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Just got an email on some gifts that I could buy and have them placed in the room. Are they worth it. The email doesn't give much detail. If any of you have purchased these please let me know what you have thought. We are taking DD 13 and DS 9 for the first time on April 12 staying at the POP til the 17th. Thanks in advance.

It depends on how you define "worth it". Are they overpriced for what you get - yes indeedy! But is it worth it b/c of the experience...then yes, it is worth it! I have had 2 in room surprises for my DH. We were there for Thanksgiving and with all the Christmas decor up I had 2 stockings filled with goodies in the room for us. And then for my DH's bday, we were having the ultimate vaca and I surprised him with one of the grand welcomes they offered. He was stunned and so excited! But if you were to break down what you get for what you spend, no, the prices are way high. That being said, I would totally do it all over again and I will use it in the future. It's a great memory!

Upvote 0

gnuts0306

I bring stuff along to do this on my own...its just as effective and costs MUCH less! My DD (5 last yr) LOVES BOLT! I printed out some paw prints and laminated them, bought a Bolt T-shirt, plush, paperback, necklace, and a few other odds n ends things back home, brought it all along. Her aunt and uncle took her to the arcade one night...i layed the footprints outside our door and leading to each of her surprises. I went to the arcade, we played for awhile and as soon as we got close to our room she noticed the footprints and was SOOO excited! She followed all the footprints and found all of her goodies, and still wonders how BOLT got in the room (she also wonders why is paw prints were so big LMAO) But it was a great surprise for her and a magical moment for me at a much lesser cost!!

Upvote 0

ArielLover

DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THAT EMAIL!

Disney is one of the companies compromised in the recent EMAIL theft at Epsilon - see...

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpps/money/w...ach-means-for-you-dpgoha-20110406-fc_12648111

Treat ANY email from Disney with GREAT suspicion - it may very well be a fake. If there are links in the email, COPY the url to notepad, EXAMINE the url to make sure it ends in disney.go.com, and use a fresh browser window to follow the link.

I believe it is Disney Destinations that was part of this and not Disney as a whole.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom