More monorail troubles?!

TimNRA757

Original Poster
At MK on the train while sitting in the station I saw monorail black not moving or loading. On the next round I saw silver back up to the shop it would appear while guest were being directed to the local beam and ferry. Hopefully it's just 1 train but here we go again…

raven

At MK on the train while sitting in the station I saw monorail black not moving or loading. On the next round I saw silver back up to the shop it would appear while guest were being directed to the local beam and ferry. Hopefully it's just 1 train but here we go again…

Trains are loaded and unloaded on the beams all day when guest numbers vary. It's a normal thing.

TimNRA757

Original Poster
Why is the Monorail so tasty nowadays?

All De Lays.

Hi-ohhhhh!
LOL

Well the good news is the express is back up. The bad news is it's down 1 train. It's getting really annoying now. At the same time I understand that we're streched having very long days this week with hardly any down time.

TimNRA757

Original Poster
Trains are loaded and unloaded on the beams all day when guest numbers vary. It's a normal thing.
I understand that but isn't it normally done during off peak times? And people aren't usually turned away after they've been in line as was the case here.

TimNRA757

Original Poster
I wouldnt jump to conclusions in this instance. It could have been ANYTHING.
I know I know. Not trying to jump the gun but care to guess what the people sitting in front of me on the train said? It's not like one was being dead headed like a while back at least.

PhotoDave219

I know I know. Not trying to jump the gun but care to guess what the people sitting in front of me on the train said? It's not like one was being dead headed like a while back at least.

It could have just been taken off because it needed to go back to the shop. Someone (in the know) a few months back said that if the train didn't go back to the roundhouse every couple of days, the monorail would have to be reset every time it wanted to close it's doors. Or something to that effect.

My point being is that it could have needed to go back to the roundhouse for what we would consider normal reasons that the average guest wouldn't notice.

That being said, it has been since 1992 since we've had a new train. Thats nearly 20 years, which was the lifespan of the previous trains.

Problems with the monorails have always been an issue since day one for WDW and Disneyland. Check out this web page for a better idea of some of the more bigger incidents to occur with them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incidents_at_Disney_parks#Monorail_2

Although people are right in saying that they have become more frequent recently. Maybe Disney are cutting back on the maintenance department as well as everything else which is causing the more frequent breakdown. I will ask find someone who works on the monorails at work later and see what he says about them.

totben

maybe they were taking one off due to *gasp* Staffing! maybe a driver called out so they had to pull a train off in prep for someone going home and there was nobody to replace him yet. its just like when the supermarket closes a checkstand. no need to look deeper into certain things. they were sending people around cause it would be a shorter wait while they transferred trains.

MissM

The monorails were running very slow ALL DAY yesterday. Every single time we got on a monorail, we had to wait 20 minutes. They kept saying they were either waiting for clearance or twice, they were bringing an additional monorail onto the beam.

It was a long, slow monorail day yesterday both resort and express lines.

EPCOT Explorer

The monorails were running very slow ALL DAY yesterday. Every single time we got on a monorail, we had to wait 20 minutes. They kept saying they were either waiting for clearance or twice, they were bringing an additional monorail onto the beam.

In one location or all around?

Over the summer there was a "slow" spot from the TTC to MK from a lightning strike.

PhotoDave219

I thought you knew how to get around by car and avoid said monorail.....

rct247

I rode silver the other day and it was a really rough ride. It felt/sounded like it had a flat tire or something like that. It is unfortunate how unreliable the monorail has been lately. I think the trains and system are starting to show their age and needs and upgrade.

Tom

Beta Return
I did not see Silver on any loops today.

On a similar but unrelated topic, I got to ride Teal for the first time today, from TTC to Epcot. Talk about a rough ride! I don't think that was Silver's issue....I think it's all of their issues.

Speaking of Teal (this may have been discussed in one of the many monorail threads, but...), I noticed that Cab 6 (I think....trailing cab when on Epcot line) has about a 2" offset at the accordion connector to Cab 5. The rest of the connectors line up flush. Is this perhaps an indicator of the splice? 1-5 from one train, 6 from the other? Just something I noticed today.

MissM

I thought you knew how to get around by car and avoid said monorail.....
Seeing as my car doesn't float, I need to park it in the MK lot and take a monorail over to the MK gate and vice-versa.

In one location or all around?

Over the summer there was a "slow" spot from the TTC to MK from a lightning strike.
No, just the whole system. We went to MK and had to wait on the express line just outside of the Contemporary for about 20 minutes before making into the the MK station. We left MK to head back to the car to go to the Studios (resort line) - more delays. When we came back from the Studios and went back to MK (express) - another delay. Only the last run of the night back to TTC didn't have a stop and wait while on board.

It just seemed like a lot of waiting around Saturday. The pilots kept coming on and apologizing and two of the three times (once express line and once resort line) they specifically mentioned bringing another monorail onto the beam.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom