More longhouses at the Polynesian planning on closing

tikiman

Original Poster
As a result of the extensive construction that will take place around the Nanea pool, Niue and Samoa longhouses will either close the west side rooms or close all rooms. No dates as to when they will stop booking guests into these rooms but I would guess it would be before work started in August. There is even some information that says they may wait until after Labor Day to close the pool but the schedule still says it closes July 28.

RSoxNo1

Is July 28th the official start date of the Pool Refurb? Any idea how deep into 2015 we should expect this?

alissafalco

Well people have been complaining about them not doing anything for the guest experience. At least closing the rooms closest to the construction is a good thing.
Why don't they just offer a deep discount on those rooms??? Wouldn't a 100$ a night be better than nothing with the rooms totally closed?? Inform people and give them the choice. But we all know they would NEVER lower prices....

fngoofy

Why don't they just offer a deep discount on those rooms??? Wouldn't a 100$ a night be better than nothing with the rooms totally closed?? Inform people and give them the choice. But we all know they would NEVER lower prices....
It would be bad show. For all those that think Disney is only about money, it is things like this that show they care about the experience and hold that above making a reduced rate on the room due to construction. That, or it is part of a conspiracy to get guests out of the rooms so they can convert them to DVC while no one is watching...take your pick.

alissafalco

It would be bad show. For all those that think Disney is only about money, it is things like this that show they care about the experience and hold that above making a reduced rate on the room due to construction. That, or it is part of a conspiracy to get guests out of the rooms so they can convert them to DVC while no one is watching...take your pick.
I don't agree, if that's the logic then why don't they close the whole resort?? All that construction on the beach with the over water bungalows and they don't seem to mind about that bad show, or the walls around the fountain etc.. They are only worried about the bad show by the pool??? Nah, sorry, I'm not buying it.

fngoofy

I don't agree, if that's the logic then why don't they close the whole resort?? All that construction on the beach with the over water bungalows and they don't seem to mind about that bad show, or the walls around the fountain etc.. They are only worried about the bad show by the pool??? Nah, sorry, I'm not buying it.
Then it is as I feared, there will be a Poly Junta and we are powerless to stop it!

ryguy

I can't belive anyone would stay at the hotel during this mess. It's bad now wait till they close the pool. I feel sorry for the cast I am sure they are getting an earful everyday from annoyed guests. A letter can't prepare you for the debacle that is taking place right now at the Poly. Should have just closed the place.

devoy1701

I agree. It would make better business sense to attempt to get SOMETHING for the rooms instead of nothing at all. I see no reason why they couldn't offer a steeply discounted rate for these rooms while construction was going on, so long as there was a disclaimer on the rates that said "These rates are for rooms as-is due to nearby construction, you will hear construction noise between the hours of 9am-6pm. We will be unable to accommodate any noise complaints due to the construction taking place. "

This could allow someone to stay at POLY who might otherwise not be able to afford it.

FerretAfros

I wonder if this closure will also align with the bulk of the lobby work. It would seem logical to try and have the reduced lobby capacity (check-in space, guest flow, etc) at a time when a decent portion of the rooms are offline any way

Kman101

I understand having existing reservations, but they couldn't have just closed the resort for a few months and actually, you know, spent the money to get it done faster than their usual? It seems like a LOT going on for a resort to still be open. Not complaining, just stating how I see it.

Goofnut1980

Last week on our trip we had dinner at O'hana at 8pm on Thursday... The guard said they were slow and after dinner we could just stay parked there to go over to MK for a few minutes to get a few things we needed before we came home. Well, after dinner we took the monorail to MK for about an hour and then went back to the poly. Let me tell you what, the walk from the TTC back to the main house was terrible. It was fenced, 3 long houses were totally gutted on the inside, it was dark and a bit creepy walking all by ourselves for about the 7 minute walk.

I don't recommend it for anyone alone. They need to just shut it down for 3 months and complete the work they need to do - round the clock.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom