More changes to dining plan

WildLodgeFan

As ridiculous as the whole ADR situation is, I just can't see spending $5K for a WDW vacation and eating cheeseburgers over the counter the entire trip. I'm on vacation! SERVE ME A STEAK!! :p

True - I like to rev it up a little on vacation and enjoy some interesting meals. I'm looking forward to the experience of the Prime Time Cafe this year.

But, luckily, not all of Disney's Counter Service is hamburger or cheeseburger oriented either - you just have to be more willing to either look or read one of the handy guides, or haunt fan sites for details of menus. :)

disneytopdog

But, luckily, not all of Disney's Counter Service is hamburger or cheeseburger oriented either - you just have to be more willing to either look or read one of the handy guides, or haunt fan sites for details of menus. :)[/quote]

As I said earlier: Sunshine Seasons(not hamburger orientated). Cosmic Rays has half chicken and ribs: Terrace Noodle Station(not hamburger orientation): There is a place in AK that does the half chicken and salmon just cant think of the name.

So you do not have to eat hamburgers and pizza your entire trip if your doing all counter services

Tinkerbella16

True - I like to rev it up a little on vacation and enjoy some interesting meals. I'm looking forward to the experience of the Prime Time Cafe this year.

But, luckily, not all of Disney's Counter Service is hamburger or cheeseburger oriented either - you just have to be more willing to either look or read one of the handy guides, or haunt fan sites for details of menus. :)

You will love 50's Prime Time...very good interaction with guests, and great food and menu.

I agree about not all of counter service is burgers. Like Columbia Harbor House... Every year we go there. Their menu is great and its not just burgers. And Cosmic Rays is good too, because they have sections for different things like chicken and salads...

lscott933

Original Poster
yes i would like to have a choice of maybe more two counter service and one sit down meal a day. plus more benfits instead of one counter and a sit meal now or three table service they have now. i have been using the dining plan now for a long time too. it has really change over the year. it was really nice when you could have all the meal and choice of tours and sporting and la nouba tickets for a cheaper price then your paying now for a just the deluxe plan.

disneytopdog

This is already being made available to UK visiters via the UK Disney website for next year.

Should see it anounced for thE US in the next 2 months or so, i would guess.

That is funny...Just by reading the boards, It seems that Disney makes all their offers available to UK before the US. They did it when offering free dining, as well as this.

Rob562

That is funny...Just by reading the boards, It seems that Disney makes all their offers available to UK before the US. They did it when offering free dining, as well as this.

Well, there's a few reasons...
UK visitors currently have the benefit of the strong Pound over the US Dollar. They tend to book longer vacations than US visitors, plus they usually need to (or prefer to) book their vacations much earlier than US visitors.

So, Disney releases the Free Dining offer to them much earlier for a much broader range of dates. The booking window is usually November through January, for trips in almost all of August and September. And because of the good exchange rate, if they're staying on-site and filling rooms, they'll be more apt to buy things like souvenirs, which are higher profit for Disney.

-Rob

JPVonDrake

To confirm...

As many have asked for clarification...

Disney is upgrading/replacing our Dine Reservation software, giving us LOTS of new and exciting enhancements such as giving our Guest more choices or options when a requested location is sold out. I will report more on this once the information is officially released.

Starting on approximately July 15th our booking window will temporary close for most dining / recreation reservations for January 26th and beyond. Exceptions will be Cinderella's Royal Table, Chef Mickey's Buffet and Victoria and Alberts which will each mantain a 180 day booking window during the transition.

This will mean on July 15th you can book up to 180 days in advance, on July 16th you can book up to 179 days in advance, on July 17th you can book up to 178 days in advance and so on down to approximately 90 days in advance in October.

Once the new software is in place (about mid October) we will be able to start booking for January 26th and beyond again returning to booking up to 180 days in advance.

Note, all dates and information is subject to change. Again, this is all I can state at the moment, but more information will be provided once it is officially released. Stay tooned! :sohappy:

Sam02

As many have asked for clarification...

Note, all dates and information is subject to change. Again, this is all I can state at the moment, but more information will be provided once it is officially released. Stay tooned! :sohappy:

Thanks for the info. I want to ask though when the info will be officially released. July 16th isn't that far away and I would think that business wise this information would need to released sooner rather than later. Also will this affect the +10 days that on-site guests get to utilize?

JPVonDrake

Thanks for the info. I want to ask though when the info will be officially released. July 16th isn't that far away and I would think that business wise this information would need to released sooner rather than later. Also will this affect the +10 days that on-site guests get to utilize?

The information I provided is officially released. As I value my position with Disney to much, I will NEVER post any information that has not been cleared for Guest release. When more information becomes officially available I will be happy to post it at that time.

Sam02

I hope I didn't offend you JP, and if I did I apologize. I haven't been able to find the information on Disney's website, and the only site mentioned with this information, that I have read anyway, is not a Disney site. So I had assumed it wasn't officially released yet.

Could you please post a link to the Disney site that has this information?

Lucky

Where did you see that? I see adults being the same price as 2008 and kids going up 1 pound.
A screenshot on another site showed it going up from 20 to 25. Obviously yours shows it as 25 for both 2008 and 2009. I don't recall whether the other one was Virgin or something else.

JPVonDrake

I hope I didn't offend you JP, and if I did I apologize. I haven't been able to find the information on Disney's website, and the only site mentioned with this information, that I have read anyway, is not a Disney site. So I had assumed it wasn't officially released yet.

Could you please post a link to the Disney site that has this information?

No apologize needed, as I was not offended at all :wave:.

I just wanted to clarify that I was not posting a rumor or unauthorized insider information. This information has been provided to all Disney Reservation Center Cast Members to share as appropriate with our Guests.

To my knowledge, this information is not posted on our official website (www.disneyworld.com) as dine reservations can not currently be made online. All dine reservation notations on our website simply state "Reservations can be arranged by calling (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463)" without giving a time table as to when or how far out reservations can be made. I will note however, I don't go to our offical website much so more information may be hidden in there somewhere.

Sam02

To my knowledge, this information is not posted on our official website (www.disneyworld.com) as dine reservations can not currently be made online. All dine reservation notations on our website simply state "Reservations can be arranged by calling (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463)" without giving a time table as to when or how far out reservations can be made. I will note however, I don't go to our offical website much so more information may be hidden in there somewhere.

This is why I asked. I could swear that I used to see on the Disney website reservations can be made up to 180 days in advance. Now when I go to the site it's states what you have above.

Also, will the +10 days still be available to on-site guests, so now that would be 90 +10. How would that work for the few restaurants that are still going to be at 180. Will it only be 180 from the day you want the reservation or let's say I want to eat at CRT on my 3rd day there, could I call 180 days from my first day because the 3rd day falls within the +10 timeframe.

After re-reading the above paragraph I'm going to feel very sorry for the people in the call center having to answer these types of questions all the time. It could be a huge mess with many upset guests.

WildLodgeFan

No apologize needed, as I was not offended at all :wave:.

I just wanted to clarify that I was not posting a rumor or unauthorized insider information. This information has been provided to all Disney Reservation Center Cast Members to share as appropriate with our Guests.

The only thing I can add, is that I called to make a vegetarian request for a couple of ADR's yesterday and the message did indicate at this point that you could make dining reservations for up to 180 days, but I imagine this message will change as soon as they cut over.

jerlev

While eating at 50's Primetime a couple weeks ago, the waiter told us that next year the dining plan will allow you to choose either an appetizer or a dessert. He did not have any other details...

smatterchu

I like the idea of a two-tiered DDP for folks who would rather do more CS. As a Mom, I can imagine that would really allow more flexibility of meals and timing. There are lots of options besides burgers....

While we're talking about the upcoming software release, here's something I would LOVE to see.....flexible dates for ADR searches.

When I want a reservation, I often don't care when I make it....I'm local, so I'll go whenever there is an opening. Unfortunately, when I'm calling for ADRs, I need to give them a date before they are able to search. This can be time-consuming for both of us -- and obviously takes time that could be spent with other guests. I would love to just say, when is your next Saturday night opening for Le Cellier (for instance)

So that's my magical dream....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom