News More attraction parts missing

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
Orlando Sentinel reporting that more attraction parts were stolen, this time from Magic Kingdom. Not sure if the same guy who stole Buzzy was involved though.

Homemade Imagineering

Also I haven’t kept up with the buzzy situation lately... last I heard, the police issued a statement that he was indeed stolen, while hoot Gibson said otherwise, and that buzzy was taken down by wdi who forgot to notify operations.

Lilofan

Surprising the Disney person when alerted of the theft, notified law enforcement. Didn't go up the chain of command. Expected WDW would keep their dirty laundry in house.

Last edited:

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
So, did I read this news article correctly?
There is a storage shed near Test Track that contains/contained Peter Pan and Space Mountain stuff (both rides in MK). The storage shed has a fence around it and is padlocked. There is no direct mention but it is inferred that the padlock was functioning and intact. That would mean that someone with the combination or a key to that padlock (or had tools to open the lock) opened the storage shed, took a big sail and three space mountain seats. It should also be noted that both of these types of items are not small.

Lilofan

There is a storage shed near Test Track that contains/contained Peter Pan and Space Mountain stuff (both rides in MK). The storage shed has a fence around it and is padlocked. There is no direct mention but it is inferred that the padlock was functioning and intact. That would mean that someone with the combination or a key to that padlock (or had tools to open the lock) opened the storage shed, took a big sail and three space mountain seats. It should also be noted that both of these types of items are not small.
If I were to guess you just can't walk to your car with the stuff. With so much construction at WDW, one better check those work trucks building the new attractions a little better.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Interesting that they'd drag PP and SM stuff all the way to Epcot...

WDWTank

Orlando Sentinel reporting that more attraction parts were stolen, this time from Magic Kingdom. Not sure if the same guy who stole Buzzy was involved though.
I hope the culprit will be caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the Law.

Movielover

Like what?

Like installing their own AA in place of Disney's!!!!

giphy.gif

Imagine the horror of 3rd party knock off AA's slowly popping up all over the place! Madness I tell you, madness!!
;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom