Moonlight Magic HS - Will it Happen?

Ariel_x33

Original Poster
With everything going on and the cancellation of MNSSHP, I have a feeling that the Moonlight Magic Events for the remainder of the year are going to be cancelled. Especially after the news today that D23's event in November has been cancelled as well. What do you all think? Will Moonlight Magic happen this year?

nickys

Premium Member
With everything going on and the cancellation of MNSSHP, I have a feeling that the Moonlight Magic Events for the remainder of the year are going to be cancelled. Especially after the news today that D23's event in November has been cancelled as well. What do you all think? Will Moonlight Magic happen this year?
I doubt it.

Club Cooloholic

Very true statement 😂 at this point who knows.
At this point I just want to be able to buy a park ticket.
I honestly think the way they have handled this is awful. I get not selling annual passes or more new daily ones for the year, but if a person has a reservation, either tell them there wont be room at the parks for them so they can cancel it or let them buy tickets. They are playing customers.

nickys

Premium Member
At this point I just want to be able to buy a park ticket.
I honestly think the way they have handled this is awful. I get not selling annual passes or more new daily ones for the year, but if a person has a reservation, either tell them there wont be room at the parks for them so they can cancel it or let them buy tickets. They are playing customers.
On a positive note there is still availability for resort guests left, other than right at the start. So I am hoping they allow existing resort guests to buy tickets very soon and before selling to non resort guests or taking new bookings. And if they do that, I would hope most people can get park reservations.

I have my fingers crossed for everyone in your position.

Chicagoshannon2

I don't know. If they were going to cancel it why didn't they ditch it when they ditched Typhoon last week? Also, they need incentives right now to sell direct points. They need to be able to point to some benefit like Moonlight Magic. Can't really say you have the benefit of buy a Gold AP at the moment when there is no park hopping and no guarantee to even get into a park with it!

Moonlight Magic is about the only benefit to buying direct currently.

We'll see. I do hope it happens because we'll be there in September, not counting on it but hoping.

Club Cooloholic

On a positive note there is still availability for resort guests left, other than right at the start. So I am hoping they allow existing resort guests to buy tickets very soon and before selling to non resort guests or taking new bookings. And if they do that, I would hope most people can get park reservations.

I have my fingers crossed for everyone in your position.
I honestly don't see how and why they have not allowed guests with resort reservations to buy unless the issue is that doing that would meant there are weeks where they would be over the limits. They are hoping things improve(I aint holding my breath) and that they will be allowed to have more guests at the parks as the year goes on. For regular reservations this is not a big deal, you can cancel easily and not be out anything, but for us DVC reservations we might lose points with a cancelation. I am honestly considering making it at a Uni/SeaWorld/Legoland trip if this isn't resolved.

nickys

Premium Member
I honestly don't see how and why they have not allowed guests with resort reservations to buy unless the issue is that doing that would meant there are weeks where they would be over the limits. They are hoping things improve(I aint holding my breath) and that they will be allowed to have more guests at the parks as the year goes on. For regular reservations this is not a big deal, you can cancel easily and not be out anything, but for us DVC reservations we might lose points with a cancelation. I am honestly considering making it at a Uni/SeaWorld/Legoland trip if this isn't resolved.
Because they promised those with existing tickets would get priority. Whether people agree on their priorities or not, they made a decision to prioritise 3 groups. Doesn’t mean we have to like it.

Although that doesn’t explain why they opened up 2021 first, unless it was to allow people in 2020 to rebook and get reservations.

Club Cooloholic

Because they promised those with existing tickets would get priority. Whether people agree on their priorities or not, they made a decision to prioritise 3 groups. Doesn’t mean we have to like it.

Although that doesn’t explain why they opened up 2021 first, unless it was to allow people in 2020 to rebook and get reservations.
That's what I don't get either. I think you are right, they are hoping people rebook. I honestly see my reservation week as being a big mess, it is Thanksgiving week, which is booked DVC wise completely. How can they possibly have the DVC properties at 50% capacity during a week like that? They can't My guess is they are going to have to force some people to cancel reservations, what they do with the points I don't know, and how they determine who gets canceled I don't know. My best guest is that people like me, with reservations but no park tickets will be the first cut.

JaxFLBear

If they were going to cancel it why didn't they ditch it when they ditched Typhoon last week?
DVC was likely forced to cancel the event by WDW due to the water park not reopening anytime soon. Any TL CMs that are being recalled are being offered temporary jobs at other areas of WDW.

Chicagoshannon2

DVC was likely forced to cancel the event by WDW due to the water park not reopening anytime soon. Any TL CMs that are being recalled are being offered temporary jobs at other areas of WDW.
Typhoon was already canceled. I"m talking about the DHS event. That will be fully open by then.

Ariel_x33

Original Poster
I guess we will see soon if they are actually going to cancel it or not since resort guests can reserve a spot as of July 15.

Chicagoshannon2

Fully open? I'd disagree on that. Since the registration date is vague now, they aren't sure they can hold it yet.
DHS opens on the 15th so yes it will be open by September. I didn't say they WILL have the event just that they still could. They need something as an incentive to buy DVC direct. I mean they aren't even selling AP's right now so that incentive is gone.

correcaminos

DHS opens on the 15th so yes it will be open by September. I didn't say they WILL have the event just that they still could. They need something as an incentive to buy DVC direct. I mean they aren't even selling AP's right now so that incentive is gone.
The park may not be fully open. Running on a limited schedule with certain experiences closed. That's not fully open. That's what I was meaning :)

I honestly don't think this will help sales. People are hurting financially and cannot travel. Many wouldn't see it as a good perk to sell right now. Discounts on prices will help more than this. I'd be shocked if this didn't get canceled

JaxFLBear

Officially cancelled:

1596640382202.png

jaklgreen

Not surprising at all. I was hoping that I might actually get a chance of going this year. I either do not have a trip planned during one of these or I don't get lucky enough to get a ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom