Monthly Payment Plan

If Disney got rid of the monthly payment plan, would you still buy Annual Passes?

• Yes

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 52.0%

• Total voters

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Personally, I would. I currently have the monthly plan because there is no interest charged. It hits my Amex every month and I pay it off every month. If they gave a discount for a pre-payment, or alternately, forced me to put the entire amount on a CC (subjecting it to interest charges), then I would make one lump payment at time of renewal.

Sonconato

Original Poster
Personally, I would. I currently have the monthly plan because there is no interest charged. It hits my Amex every month and I pay it off every month. If they gave a discount for a pre-payment, or alternately, forced me to put the entire amount on a CC (subjecting it to interest charges), then I would make one lump payment at time of renewal.
It would be great to have a discount on prepayment! I often thought that myself.

disney4life2008

Be clear the payment plan is only for residents of the state of florida. with that said, paying so little a month to enjoy a year of disney is worth it. with the increased price a few weeks ago if I lived out of state I do not think I would be able to maintain my AP.

Grumpy06

Be clear the payment plan is only for residents of the state of florida. with that said, paying so little a month to enjoy a year of disney is worth it. with the increased price a few weeks ago if I lived out of state I do not think I would be able to maintain my AP.
I wish they would come up with a out of state plan,even though we are dvc members it is still a lot of money to pay at once for wife and i

JasonDeyoung

I had a resident ap before the payment plan, and love the payment plan. Hopefully it stays, very convient and easy. Hardly ever even notice them taking he payment.

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
As a college student, I would definitely have to downgrade from a "platinum" pass to whatever the lowest one is, because coming up with the full price right off the bat would be nearly impossible for me. I love the payment plan and I think it makes visiting Walt Disney World much more accessible for a lot of people. :)

Chef Mickey

In general, if you have to buy something on monthly payments of any kind, you can't afford it.

So taking it away should have no impact, in my opinion. If they have a monthly payment option at no interest, sure? But if you're doing it to budget the cost, you can't afford it.

raven

If your payment date falls on a holiday or day that the banks close, be aware that Disney will take the money out of your account up to 3 days early!

And if there is the slightest glitch when they communicate with your bank electronically on your payment date, you will be locked out until you resolve the issue.

BuddyThomas

In general, if you have to buy something on monthly payments of any kind, you can't afford it.

So taking it away should have no impact, in my opinion. If they have a monthly payment option at no interest, sure? But if you're doing it to budget the cost, you can't afford it.
That is utterly obnoxious.

Many of us mere mortals have to budget and save and break up payments to be able to go. We CAN afford it. We just have to work a little harder to do so.

Chef Mickey

That is utterly obnoxious.

Many of us mere mortals have to budget and save and break up payments to be able to go. We CAN afford it. We just have to work a little harder to do so.
Hmm, from a financial perspective, I am dead on. I know you don't like my views on finances from previous interactions, but finance 101...if you can't afford frivolity in cash up front, you can't afford it.

Even with a car loan, monthly payments at anything other than 0% are obnoxious because the "asset" is going to $0. Furthermore, you're still paying for the 0% financing in the total price of the car. You can routinely get better deals on all cash because they bake in the 0% financing to the price of the car and no one notices or cares because they got "free money" (nothing is free) and a monthly payment they can afford. Ever see $3000 OR 0% financing? My point.

Discretionary items like Annual Passes to Disney have no intrinsic value and serve no purpose other than entertainment. To pay for something purely for entertainment on a monthly basis because you can't afford the entire payment up front is not only objectively an incorrect approach, but utterly obnoxious financial behavior.

Wendy Pleakley

Discretionary items like Annual Passes to Disney have no intrinsic value and serve no purpose other than entertainment. To pay for something purely for entertainment on a monthly basis because you can't afford the entire payment up front is not only objectively an incorrect approach, but utterly obnoxious financial behavior.

In this example, I think of an annual pass like a gym membership. It's not something you use, and then pay for after the fact. Presumably a regular visitor would be paying to use their pass as they go.

Different than buying something you really can't afford and paying it off for months or years afterward.

BuddyThomas

Hmm, from a financial perspective, I am dead on. I know you don't like my views on finances from previous interactions, but finance 101...if you can't afford frivolity in cash up front, you can't afford it.

Even with a car loan, monthly payments at anything other than 0% are obnoxious because the "asset" is going to $0. Furthermore, you're still paying for the 0% financing in the total price of the car. You can routinely get better deals on all cash because they bake in the 0% financing to the price of the car and no one notices or cares because they got "free money" (nothing is free) and a monthly payment they can afford. Ever see $3000 OR 0% financing? My point.

You can't possibly be saying that the only people who deserve to take a trip to WDW are the ones who can afford to pay for the entire trip upfront in one shot...........can you? Guess that'd clear your parks out for ya real quick, wouldn't it?

disney4life2008

If your payment date falls on a holiday or day that the banks close, be aware that Disney will take the money out of your account up to 3 days early!

And if there is the slightest glitch when they communicate with your bank electronically on your payment date, you will be locked out until you resolve the issue.

Yep this happened to me on NYE. A little different situation, my credit card information changed and I forgot to contact them to update. Showed up at MK on NYE and was embarrassingly turned away lol. I went to guest services to discover my pass was revoked for non payment. It was my goof and she immediately fixed it and I was in. And yes, disney takes money out well in advance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom