Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor

EpcotServo

Mike and Roz's segments are already made, and the performers can pick and chhose what they want. But really they just stick to the same segments. But they can sometimes vary.
:wave:

WDWKat26

Have you watched the show? They don't. I honestly thought the lip synching was horrible. FYI, there's an actor as well, it's not pre-recorded.

bingie

Basically the same technology as Turtle Talk With Crush. Talk into a headet that has a microphone, and the lip sync is generated by the show software. And the movement of the characters is controlled by a control pad.

There are cameras in the room that are not hard to find, as well as microphones - so that the performers can see and hear whats happenign in the rooom.

:sohappy:

MouseWorshipper

Look behind the various theaters; darkened glass like that of a movie theater projection room - attempts - to hide the actors.

The segments are not pre-recorded. That's a common misconception, but quite wrong. As stated above, the characters are controlled by, well, essentially a hi-tech remote, and the lip sync is created through the latest - though sometimes faulty - voice recogonition technology.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The actors voice sounds like the original characters voice through computer modulation of pitch and timbre mimicking the original's oral cavity and vocal cords.

All the actor has to do is say the words with the correct dialect, melody and rhythm. The computer does the rest!

lyzziesmom

I always thought that some segments, such as Mike W. and Roz, are prerecorded and the rest of them are done live by actors behind the scenes. I've seen the show several times and some scenes remain exactly the same. I've even seen the show multiple times in one day, back to back. While portions of the show change with each showing (the two-headed monster was male in one show and female in the next!) the segments with Roz and Mike W. were identical each time.

bingie

The mike and roz segments are pre-recorded, the rest is not and is performed by 2 actors.

There is no magic pitch correction machine here, just great acting.

The same holds true in turtle talk - no magic voice changing software.

I've seen both shows numerous times, from the guest side and CM side...

gmontag451

How about text messaging a joke? I suspect most people miss that you can text a joke to a phone number and maybe they'll use it in the show. I wonder how many texts they get for any given show, and do they actually use these jokes? Maybe a CM can answer this for us?

bingie

How about text messaging a joke? I suspect most people miss that you can text a joke to a phone number and maybe they'll use it in the show. I wonder how many texts they get for any given show, and do they actually use these jokes? Maybe a CM can answer this for us?

They will 100% use 2 text messages sent for that show if they are usable... (doesnt have to be funny, just clean and disney-like)

kristalovesWDW

i recently went to disneyworld and loved the monsters inc laugh floor.

I paid attention to the guy that voiced crush in the turtle talk show, though. You can tell it's a different guy, so it's not prerecordered. His voice kept going away from the surfer type voice.

bingie

i recently went to disneyworld and loved the monsters inc laugh floor.

I paid attention to the guy that voiced crush in the turtle talk show, though. You can tell it's a different guy, so it's not prerecordered. His voice kept going away from the surfer type voice.

Yup, it's live everytime. I have had the pleasure to sit in the "control room" for the show and it's a live CM. :drevil:

mwbrown

According to the Unofficial Guide to WDW, when Turtle Talk first started they only had two CMs to do the voice, so they had to take very good care not to get sick, etc. Now they have more...good things the kids don't notice that Crush sounds different from time to time...duuuude...

jtizzle1023

If you look closely at the ceiling there are cameras that move during the show. They are probably used for the actors that are backstage so that they know the color of there shirt ect when they talk to them. I think that the lip sync looks pretty good....at least for me...

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I've not tried MILF yet, but was wondering if a group of young adults would find this fun to try at least once? I'll be in MK on Sunday for EMH pretty much all day long and wanted to try it. What are your thoughts?

timeman

I've not tried MILF yet, but was wondering if a group of young adults would find this fun to try at least once? I'll be in MK on Sunday for EMH pretty much all day long and wanted to try it. What are your thoughts?

They should. I'm in my 40s and liked it. The cool thing would be if one of them ended up being pick and made fun of. I went over the Christmas holiday and they picked me and stated on the screen "Thinks he can dance" so I stood up and danced a little.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom