Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor debuted a new PRE-Show Today

TomorrowlandTyler

Original Poster
The Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor debuted a new Pre-Show today.

---Plot Spoilers Below---

The new pre-show begins by featuring Roz telling all the humans to move all the way down to the doors. Next the MC - Monster of Ceremonies, Mike Wazowski is introduced. Mike welcomes all the humans to the Laugh Floor and then plays a movie clip. Its the second half of the original pre-show film. When that is finished, Roz comes on again and tells Mike that she prepared a montage of clips of Mike's "best work" from the show. Mike says thats great and asks her to play it. It plays and turns out to be clips of all of Mike's bloopers. Mike slipping on a banana, falling out of his door, having a safe dropped on his head, falling through the trap door, etc. Mike then asks Roz "I though you said it was of my Best work." Roz responds by asking "Did I hurt your feelings Wazowski?" She then proceeds to play the clips again, and after each blooper asks "Was it this part that hurt your feelings?, How about this part?, O that had to hurt! (when the safe falls on his head). Mike pleads with Roz to stop and tells the humans that the doors will open in 5 minutes. Then, intermittently, comedic intercom pages are made by Celia, (Mike's girlfriend, the purple one with snakes for hair...If you don't remember her, go watch the movie). They are different each pre-show. I saw it 3 times and they were different each time. An example was "James P. Sullivan will be out of the office this week, but be careful, Roz is watching...Always watching." Then a clip is played introducing the CDA. (In the movie the CDA was the Child Detection Agency, the people in the yellow suits,...once again if you don't remember, go watch the movie!) Here, the CDA has been renamed the Comedy Detection Agency. Once this portion is finished, its time for the humans to proceed into the Laugh Floor itself.
I probably left out a part, but its been almost 12 hours since I saw it this morning.

---End of plot spoilers---

I really like the new pre-show, it makes the time your standing there go by much faster, there is always something going on. With the old pre-show, there was about 8 minutes of nothing-ness where you just watched "text you joke to 42319 and start it with the word "*****", and the quick film with Mike.

I also really like that the attraction is continuing to be enhanced, from new signage in the queue area, to new portraits in the 'Comedian of the Month' wall in the pre-show area, it seems every time you go in, something has changed and there is something new to see.

jedimaster1227

I saw the show last night (for the first time in nearly 2.5 months) and I was thoroughly impressed. For those of you who didn't know, I was the person who gave the Laugh Floor the lowest possible score in the review system here at WDWMagic after my first preview of the attraction. Timing on the animations was off along with the already choppy (and undetailed) animations. I hated it the first time off. Since that time, the attraction has slowly gotten better and yesterday's show was most notable to me so far. Backgrounds and stages of the show have been updated, alternated and moved around to add more variety to the show. While the same sketch lineup still applies, character movements have become more varied and at the same time, more smooth. Two of four (five if you consider Mac and Jeeves to be seperate) characters of the show have recieved visual upgrades with Roz and Mike looking better than ever. Both of their spiels have been updated to allow for better variety. Mike now introduces characters on and off of the stage, contrary to his previous on, then off, then off, then on deal. Roz picks up a newspaper during her "Watching, Always Watching" bit.

The show itself is still developing (and scripting is still in need of some updates), but the progress is showing. I figure the best way for them to fix the attraction is to test it full time like they are now.

Figment82

It's great to hear they are still improving it. I'll have to give it another shot soon as I've seen it 5 times now and still can't say I like it. But I'm willing to give it a fair chance with the added changes.

Msully

Nothing like a good pre show like SGE. When i went for my first time to the see the show on MNSSHP night it was pooring and in the long waiting room it was freezing when your wet. Can't wait for my next trip to see it.

Thiger

I went to MI last month for the first time and I was really impressed w/ the entire attraction. I was picked at the beginning to get up and dance so i boogied my heart out! haha

The jokes went over really well and having everyone in costume as it was MNSSHP made the audience ribs even funnier.

My brother disliked MI though, saying that it was too campy. He's kinda grouchy to begin with so whatever.

From the most part I think MI is a great attraction and I'm really happy that they're continually making it stronger and stronger.

**groan alert**
My joke was 'why did the battery lose the election?'
A: because he didn't have enough volts

:p

gibson12

It's funny, I also didn't really care for it that much at first, but after I went home and it sunk it, it actually gave me new appreciation for the movie. I think it started when my manager at my part time evening job was complaining that he needs to always watch everything the employees do to make sure they are on task. Well, he was kind of talking to himself and just starting quoting the Roz routine: "I'm watching Wazowski, always watching..." with the voice and everything. I laughed out loud--I had never really paid attention to her before, but Roz is now one of my favorite charcters--wish WDW had the animatronic like in California.

al5957

Its nice to see that once they are done a new attraction that they are never done it. A lot of people really bashed this attraction when it first opened but now it is really coming along. I think that you are going to see a lot of the same when TSM opens. There are going to have to be technical bugs and story lines to to tweak. The moral of the story is Disney knows what it is doing (most of the time, lol) so just let them work and enjoy it.

TomorrowlandTyler

Original Poster
The thing about these kind of attractions (MI & TTwC) is that it really is so easy to make plot changes and introduce new characters, and in this case new monsters. More changes and additions are certainly planned for The Laugh Floor, and is a kind of attraction that really never is "finished".

Jose Eber

^^^

riiiight.

I avoid MI and SGE like the plague. That whole entry area into tomorrowland. Conceptually, I didn't think an attraction could get any worse than SGE, and then I saw MI.

what, they took out the texting your phone out? No!!! Oh the interactivity! :hurl:

Who runs imagineering. Really.

the-reason14

^^^

riiiight.

I avoid MI and SGE like the plague. That whole entry area into tomorrowland. Conceptually, I didn't think an attraction could get any worse than SGE, and then I saw MI.

what, they took out the texting your phone out? No!!! Oh the interactivity! :hurl:

lol, Somewhat agree. Only thing I actually sometimes do SGE and find it wayyyy better than the monster thing. Like I said in another thread, its not so much the show, I mean the tech and stuff is great, its just the whole "comedy" thing. It just isnt there, its not funny. Its corny. I mean the Jungle cruise is corny and stupid too, but its enjoyable and its not called the amazingly funny "comedic" Jungle Cruise adventure. If it werent solely based on being funny and more about something else, then Id probably like it more. But as far as getting laughs....?...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
^^^

riiiight.

My friends openly refer to it as the "Nexus of Suck" like it's some sort of dark matter before you can venture into the world of tomorrow. I say it's not polite, and refer to it as simply "Craptastic" which is far more pleasant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom